TSV(R) Preview
51 Members and 14019 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Skinn's New Stem Regen

Started 1280597904.82 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1281560586.63 by Harpa

Look at the ingredient deck on this. Has everything but the kitchen sink! Being introduced tonight. Quite impressive with no fillers. It has the apple and grape stem cells and is also supposed to support skin's sirtuin levels.

INGREDIENTS: Vitis vinifera (grape) extract, pyrus malus (apple) saccharides, glycerin, laminaria digitata (brown algae) extract, sodium PCA, sorbitol, serine, glycine, glutamic acid, alanine, lysine, arginine, threonine, proline, pentylene glycol, bambusa vulgaris extract, pisum sativum (pea) extract, glucosamine HCl, hydrolyzed furcellaran (seaweed), sea salt, limonium narbonense, hyaluronic acid, sea water, phormidium persicinum extract, hydrolyzed oat protein, niacinamide, disodium adenosine triphosphate, pichia/resveratrol ferment extract, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, aloe barbadensis (aloe) leaf juice, malus domestica fruit cell culture extract, vitis vinifera (grape) fruit cell extract, isomalt, phospholipids, sodium benzoate, lactic acid, ocimum basilicum (basil) hairy roots cell extract, ubiquinone, sodium RNA, hydrolyzed rice protein, hydrolyzed silk protein, hydrolyzed keratin, sodium phytate, thiamine (vitamin B1), riboflavin (vitamin B2), panthenol (vitamin B5), pyridoxine dipalmitate (vitamin B6), cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12), ascorbic acid, phytonadione (vitamin K), menadione (vitamin K3), tocopheryl acetate, retinol palmitate (vitamin A), ergocalciferol (vitamin D), biotin (vitamin H), potassium ascorbyl tocopheryl phosphate, sodium chloride, calcium PCA, magnesium PCA, zinc PCA, copper PCA, manganese PCA, phenoxyethanol, caprylyl glycol, chlorphenesin.

Page 1 of 1
Shelbelle1280598332.54334719 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I have to agree, mighty impressive ingredient deck, but are they all really necessary and are they all in precentages high enough to make a real difference? Dimitri said this is will be at a Once Only price tag at 6 PM ET.

Subject1280598813.07711269 PostsRegistered 2/24/2007

The stem cells are way down on the list- if that is why I am buying it- why is it not in the first, say, 10 ingredients??? It is a play on words as far as the name of the product.

poregirl1280711269.0937404 PostsRegistered 10/12/2009great white north

sodium benzoate? that causes cancer

‎Enough with the animal testing. Shame on you BATH&BODYWORKS, L'oreal, Olay ,Cover Girl, Revlon, Maybelline, Neutrogena, Avon

trexmom1281541150.28130 PostsRegistered 11/1/2007

His product is full of sugar (pyrus malus (apple) saccharides). I hope whoever buys this also buys an anti-glycation serum! All this suger will make the skin age much faster.

This guy is just throwing everything in (at least the name of everything) hoping for something to stick!

Lowry831281542163.233395 PostsRegistered 8/15/2008

I'm no expert on ingredients, but even Serious Skin Care's stem cell products have the malus domestica fruit culture extract higher on their ingredient lists. Are Skinn's other ingredients really that beneficial?

I'm very happy with my Isomers Stem Genesis (and other Isomers products), so am not interested in the Skinn product.

lyn in MI1281542595.56724580 PostsRegistered 4/29/2007SW Michigan

trexmom - I noticed that he states his product contains pyrus malus (apple) saccharides. The actual active ingredient I look for is by Mibelle = PhytoCellTec™ Malus Domestica, which will be listed as Malus Domestica Fruit Cell Culture.

eta: I just noticed that he has PhytoCellTec™ in the serum as well, but it is way down on the ingredient deck.

Last edited on 8/11/2010

Last edited on 8/11/2010

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
♥ Birman =^..^= Servant ♥

Lowry831281542854.9473395 PostsRegistered 8/15/2008
On 8/11/2010 lyn in MI said:

trexmom - I noticed that he states his product contains pyrus malus (apple) saccharides. The actual active ingredient I look for is by Mibelle = PhytoCellTec™ Malus Domestica, which will be listed as Malus Domestica Fruit Cell Culture.

The fruit cell culture ingredient is on Skinn's list as shown by the Original Poster, but much lower than the saccharides ingredient. That's why I wondered if the ingredients listed before Skinn's fruit cell culture are really beneficial. {#emotions_dlg.confused1} I'm sticking with Isomers.

lyn in MI1281544716.00324580 PostsRegistered 4/29/2007SW Michigan

Lowry83 - I noticed that when I looked at the full deck again. I am also a fan of Isomers SG Serum. Have you tried the new SG Shadow Eraser?

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~

JustWantBe­autifulSkinn1281544870.6571390 PostsRegistered 11/13/2005

When I look for a product, I look at the ingredient listing for the MOST powerful & effective OR the top ingredient that I want in THAT product AND for it to be the 1st or 1 of the 1st 3.... IN THIS CASE - I wasn't!!! It is SO PACKED FULL with GREAT ingredients - ALL of which do something for the skin AND/OR address MULTIPLY issues AND with NO fillers & NO parfume..... that it was just a MUST try for me.......

I also think with THAT MANY ingredients AND THAT MANY powerful ingredients it doesn't matter how high or low precentages are BECAUSE some ingredeints address 1 thing - some address multiply issues - some adddress the same OR some of the same issues as another ingredient - cell renewal - exfoliating - toning - forming - clarity - brightness - cell turnover - contouring - calming - soothing - pores - moisturizing - nourishing - ETC...........

As far as needing ALL of those ingredients ???

Though I USUALLY or USED TO look for a 3, 5, 6 ingredient product - BUT if I am going to use a product with ALOT of ingredients, .............. I would rather see 35 ingredients ALL beneficial to the skin - RATHER THAN 35 ingredients = 5 beneficial to the skin - 5 of coloring & frangrance - 25 of filler & preservatives or whatever........

and - if I could MAYBE ? use ONE product that does EVERYTHING, addresses EVERYTHING, addresses multiply issues ETC.... and IF i works OR woks well for me ..... I would rather THAT than 3, 4, 5 separate serums to try to do everything I want or need for my skin

HERE IS WHAT I WROTE YESTERDAY

I purchased FOUR!!! yes.......4 - AND I've been using it for about a week now..... though it doesn't look to be an actual FRAGRANCE ingredient.... it does have a scent of ??? WELL not lavander OR vanilla like with his moisturizers WHICH I like AND is not scent free like the OTHER serums AM and PM....

it may JUST be the combinations of ingredients WHICH the 1st time I applied it, I thought EEWWWW - HUMMMM .... don't think I like this BUT, I got used to it & it does disapate

It's a creamy, thin consistancy of a cream type serum - goes on nicely, glides on, very smooth, NOT sticky, tacky, oily ETC.... just nice - I find it a bit drying if applied alone

AND - I haven't seen any huge changes IF any at all in a week....

I will give it more time though AND I may just end up AGAIN going back to the original AM & PM serums that I started with. I did try the Collagenesis Vials & Cream AND went back to the original AM & PM serums.... so this MAYBE ??? AGAIN......... a repeat

Last edited on 8/11/2010

Last edited on 8/11/2010

lyn in MI1281545133.45724580 PostsRegistered 4/29/2007SW Michigan

JustWantBeautifulSkinn - I just love your passion for Skinn, {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}.

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~

JustWantBe­autifulSkinn1281546208.4271390 PostsRegistered 11/13/2005

JustWantBeautifulSkinn - I just love your passion for Skinn, {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}.

Thanks - I just LOVE the line.... NEVER in a MILLION would I think because when I used to watch him on HSN with the other line he had I ALWAYS thought it was CHEEZY looking & a cheezy looking CHEAP line....

BUT - then I saw him on SHOP and watched HERE and THERE not thinking much at all for a time AND THEN saw his cleanser presentation & DermPeel - thought I will try it, nothing to loose.... BUT also thinking for sure a "return" - and here I am OVER a year later

My mother who is always asking "what did you do to your skin this time??" between peels, IPL, skin tightening etc...... BUT one day I was at her house and she was standing next to me and said "your skin looks so nice, what are you doing AND don't do another thing" I was SHOCKED to hear that from her

My sister EVERYTIME she sees me says did you just do something, no WHY? and she says your skin looks so nice and it is so shiny, clear like you have a peel or something

I really did ALOT of damage myself 1998 - 2002 with ALOT a peels, deep peels, scrubs OVER DOING IT ........ thinning out my skin AND then pre parimemapause - greyish, dull, thin, hollowed looking AND so MORE peels because then it was fresh & pink at least BUT the fresh & pink didn't last as long with the more peels I did

Then I started to research 2001 aging skin, skin, ingredeints etc.... to really understand it all - and the next few years was a product here & there from here & there that REALLY helped to get my skin in better shape, better balance so I was happy with it last year .... BUT still those MAYBE hormonal cysts like, hurtful, red lumps coming up here continually since 2002 HOWEVER less often BUT still ...... there lower face - chin, cheek, side of nose

NOT since I have been using this line AND I mix it up AND even if I layer his serums AND ontop of that put on a moisturizer AND ontop of that his Balm..... NOTHING!!!!

I could NEVER do that before.... so YES.............. VERY passionate -

OH.... I do have Dr D's HydroShield too - bought that beginning of this year to TRY.... like it so I do put that over his serum in the AM which is a REALLY nice layer before foundation.... and keeps my skin hydrated AND not oily looking ... LOVE LOVE that Product

Lowry831281550997.9633395 PostsRegistered 8/15/2008

Lowry83 - I noticed that when I looked at the full deck again. I am also a fan of Isomers SG Serum. Have you tried the new SG Shadow Eraser?

Not yet, but anything with Stem Genesis in its name probably will end up on my shelf sooner or later. Wink

I love the lash growth serum. I'm not so fanatical about that type of product that I would spend $100 or more, but for about $30 a tube (I think), it's worth it. I've gotten great results. My lashes are much fuller and thicker.

lyn in MI1281551320.3724580 PostsRegistered 4/29/2007SW Michigan

JustWantBeautifulSkinn - I plan to test drive his pore minimizing serum. I'm currently using Isomers, but have one of his in my cart and plan to order in the future. I also plan to test out Perricone's Pore Minimizer.

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~

Lowry831281551551.1933395 PostsRegistered 8/15/2008

JustWantBeautifulSkinn - I plan to test drive his pore minimizing serum. I'm currently using Isomers, but have one of his in my cart and plan to order in the future. I also plan to test out Perricone's Pore Minimizer.

Oh No, Perricone has a pore minimizer? Just when I was happy with the Isomers product and had convinced myself that I don't need to try Skinn's. Now if someone as well-informed as Lyn thinks these are all worth a try, I may have to re-think my position. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Iluvlucy1281551572.647804 PostsRegistered 8/22/2008

I have the Skinn one, haven't opened, guess I need to get that out pronto!

Love me, love my rescues!!!!!

lyn in MI1281551713.92724580 PostsRegistered 4/29/2007SW Michigan

Lowry83 - check out the link below...

http://community.qvc.com/DiscussionDetail/tabid/73/TypeID/1/CatID/2/ThreadID/89296/interesting-info-new-pore-minimizing-ingredient.aspx

It was reading the article that convinced me I should try Skinn's. I'd already planned on trying Dr P's.

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~

JustWantBe­autifulSkinn1281552627.311390 PostsRegistered 11/13/2005

Hi lyn - I haven't tried his Pore Min Serum - I am sure it's good helps/works........

1st ingredient is: hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) distillate - WHICH is used in just about every, if not, all Toners OR Pore Minimizing product.....

I use plain old Witch Hazel on a cotton ball & apply to my nose and cheek area side of nose.....

HUGE help - HUGE difference with pores on my nose & cheek area sides of nose AND black heads on my nose

Also feels VERY refreshing on the skin .... AND is CHEAP!!!

then I go on with my normal regime of Mineral Spray, Serum etc.........

JustWantBe­autifulSkinn1281552995.5331390 PostsRegistered 11/13/2005

I do like THIS ingredient in the SKINN pore min serum WISH they would just a serum with THAT & some Witch Hazel TOPPED of with a calming/soothing ingredient like cucumber or something....

I might just have to breakdown & get it now ???

Lentil-derived Active to Reduce Pore Size

Posted: September 17, 2009

Silab has targeted three causes of dilated pores with its latest lentil-derived active extract, p-Refinyl (INCI: not provided), which is created from the oligosaccharides of Lens esculenta (lentil).

According to the company, dilated pores are a concern for both men and women of different ethnicities. They often are associated with excess of sebum and the relaxation of skin tissues that occurs with age. The company reports that recent studies identify a third cause of this phenomenon: an abnormal accelerated keratinization process, leading to the accumulation of nucleated cells around the pores.

While the active is designed to reduce sebum production, its oligosaccharide content also stimulates the process of keratinocyte maturation, thus eliminating nucleated cells from around the pores and stiffening their walls. The active also limits pore distortion and slackening by reinforcing the collagen structure of the dermis. By tightening the pores, the active smoothes the skin grain and limits shine, producing a complexion that is more uniform and radiant. Since the active is a basic treatment for dilated pores, it is said to complement active astringent ingredients for a longer-lasting effect.

Testing of the active on Caucasian and Asian skin showed a reduction in shine and tightening of the dilated pores to produce visibly finer, smoothed skin. The active can be incorporated into all care products for men and women with young or mature skin.

Last edited on 8/11/2010

Last edited on 8/11/2010

lyn in MI1281553626.7624580 PostsRegistered 4/29/2007SW Michigan
On 8/11/2010 JustWantBeautifulSkinn said:

I do like THIS ingredient in the SKINN pore min serum WISH they would just a serum with THAT & some Witch Hazel TOPPED of with a calming/soothing ingredient like cucumber or something....

I might just have to breakdown & get it now ???

Lentil-derived Active to Reduce Pore Size

Posted: September 17, 2009

Silab has targeted three causes of dilated pores with its latest lentil-derived active extract, p-Refinyl (INCI: not provided), which is created from the oligosaccharides of Lens esculenta (lentil).

...Cut...

The INCI = Water and Lens esculenta (lentil) seed extract. I posted a link to an in depth article about this ingredient in post #16 {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Last edited on 8/11/2010

Last edited on 8/11/2010

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~

JustWantBe­autifulSkinn1281554033.591390 PostsRegistered 11/13/2005

The INCI = Water and Lens esculenta (lentil) seed extract. I posted a link to an in depth article about this ingredient in post #16 {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Last edited on 8/11/2010

Hi lyn..... I know.... I saw that & went over to check it out.... so I posted I like & then posted the ingredient information --- very impressive ingredient AND impressive are the trials they had on it too....

Thanks for the link & info{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

lyn in MI1281554332.88324580 PostsRegistered 4/29/2007SW Michigan

JustWantBeautifulSkinn - I plan to try it, do you? If so. maybe we can test drive it in September and compare notes.

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~

JustWantBe­autifulSkinn1281555296.6031390 PostsRegistered 11/13/2005

JustWantBeautifulSkinn - I plan to try it, do you? If so. maybe we can test drive it in September and compare notes.

I would do that.... I will order when he is on again I THINK ? it's the end of August & maybe he'll have a special or something on it -

lyn in MI1281555432.8524580 PostsRegistered 4/29/2007SW Michigan
On 8/11/2010 JustWantBeautifulSkinn said:

I would do that.... I will order when he is on again I THINK ? it's the end of August & maybe he'll have a special or something on it -

That's my hope, lol.

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~

Harpa1281560586.637673 PostsRegistered 6/28/2007

A lot of amino acids, fruit acids, vits and things. It is very rare when you see an ingredient list like this! Please post your reviews after you get this! Don't be surprised if there is a distinct "odor," but I am betting this one dissipates quickly, and that even after awhile you will not find it offensive.

Page 1 of 1