Designer Fashion Clearance
129 Members and 12536 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Dana and the Perricone speech

Started 1278730294.173 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1279096780.077 by WillEscapeCAsoon

Oh I can not stand this womans way of speaking about this guy, good grief lady. Dr this, Dr that, yeah yeah yeah, he is such a miracle.

Page 1 of 2
noposting1278730372.0273577 PostsRegistered 11/18/2005

I don't like him, he comes across as creepy to me. Especially the photo that they use of him here doesn't help.

Mary Bailey1278730388.8237389 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Bedford Falls in It's A Wonderful Life

What's on her neck?

Be kind. For everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about.
Just Remember that sometimes, the way you think about a person isn't the way they actually are. - John Green

Glamamom1278730533.07664 PostsRegistered 8/29/2008West Chester, PA
But what do you expect - she works for him! It's her job!

babcias51278730559.641376 PostsRegistered 1/12/2009Az.

It seems that she has a bruise over her right eye again..Do you suppose she's getting botox or whatever they use these days?..This has been going on for about a month now with her eye bruises..

babcias5

TooManyCats1278775445.9032694 PostsRegistered 7/5/2009

Maybe a side effect of chemo? Not sure when her treatments ended.

VioletEyes1278775631.9613180 PostsRegistered 2/11/2009
On 7/9/2010 babcias5 said:

It seems that she has a bruise over her right eye again..Do you suppose she's getting botox or whatever they use these days?..This has been going on for about a month now with her eye bruises..

I read that Dr. P doesn't believe in botox.

babcias51278779092.4771376 PostsRegistered 1/12/2009Az.
On 7/10/2010 VioletEyes said:

I read that Dr. P doesn't believe in botox.

Right......{#emotions_dlg.glare}

babcias5

Quinny1278779624.062467 PostsRegistered 1/21/2009

I think the whole Dr. P. and Dana (gag) thing is a dog and pony show. I have read on this forum about far many more women who have gone beyond their financial comfort means to but this stuff only to find out that it "ain't no big thing". Granted, I have read about some satisfied users as well, but they are in the minority.

ps. I'm speaking about the Perricone "Dana personality". The one who changes her accents between shows and professes her undying love for Dr. P. ad nauseum.

I know that she has fought a brave battle with cancer and is working hard to remain a survivor and for that she has my best wishes.

Kimberly3271278779738.4531677 PostsRegistered 12/12/2008

I love Dr P products, but hate Dana's presentations. She's used the "I begged Dr P to share this (product du jour) with others." She does have lovely skin, but not every product is the ONE that he used himself and she begged him to share.

Redhead991278779914.05359 PostsRegistered 8/10/2009Delray Beach, Florida

I watched her last night and it really bugged me that she would not say what is in the Cold Plasma. I'm sorry but for products that are that expensive I want to know what I'm getting. Don't tell me about delivery systems, put on face absorbs in that all I need to know. Just tell me what's in it to give it such a hefty price.

sparkygirl1278780297.334626 PostsRegistered 10/2/2006

I agree; I think the whole thing is bizarre, and I'm sorry, I don't believe that his products give the results that they say they do. I broke and ordered the Cold Plasma Sub-D because Dana was saying all this stuff about how we NEED to take before and after pictures. Needless to say, it did nothing for me and is back in the mail as we speak.

Also...I would think if the results are guaranteed to be SO impressive, then WHY isn't DANA showing some before and after pictures to sell this stuff??? By all means, if you are telling us to take pictures, Dana...SHOW US SOME!! QVC shows before and after pictures all the time...but none for Perricone or specifically for Cold Plasma...

And then I realized what a "dog and pony" show it is, indeed. I think the unscientific results of what "87% of women SAW" are nothing but deception for those who don't understand what scientific research is vs. unscientific research. And speaking of science, the term "plasma" is all so scientific sounding, isn't it? What exactly about this product justifies the word "plasma"? Just sounds good--like Dr. Frankenstein Perricone produced this in his basement lab...

As far as the prices...good grief, this stuff is not made of gold!! The Cold Plasma sub D--a couple of ounces for over a hundred dollars! Insanity! For that price, I had better see a miracle, indeed, and there was no difference in the slightest. The regular Cold Plasma is ONE ounce for over a hundred!

Personally, I think a lot of people who buy this stuff are falling for the hype and..."seeing" what they want to see. It makes me sick when I hear Dana gushing over what a "genius this man" is. And, yes, her accent has gotten stronger recently.

Sorry for the negativity, but I think I have a good eye for way overpriced products--HATE to see people taken advantage of... and Perricone falls in that category, imo. I can just picture the factory where Cold Plasma is made---the great big vats of this (stinky) product--and then the machinery that measures out 30 ml (an ounce) and places it in the bottle...the machine that places the cap on...the label...and then they sell it for over a hundred dollars. Gimme a break!

And think of how many products of his are manufactured in the same factory--basically big vats of MONEY for Perricone.

Last edited on 7/10/2010

Last edited on 7/10/2010

noposting1278780609.8373577 PostsRegistered 11/18/2005
On 7/10/2010 Kimberly327 said:

I love Dr P products, but hate Dana's presentations. She's used the "I begged Dr P to share this (product du jour) with others." She does have lovely skin, but not every product is the ONE that he used himself and she begged him to share.

As if he wouldn't want to sell a product that worked and make the big bucks off of it.

Danish Gal1278781005.473896 PostsRegistered 8/2/2007Arizona

Be careful, girls. the Perricone gang will be after you! Cool

Kimberly3271278781400.2431677 PostsRegistered 12/12/2008
On 7/10/2010 noposting said:
On 7/10/2010 Kimberly327 said:

As if he wouldn't want to sell a product that worked and make the big bucks off of it.

He's found his perfect QVC spokesmodel. She's eloquent, quirky (the leg kicks), has good skin, etc. Neutrogena has Dr Will, Dr P has Dana. Dr D can't fight the "did she or didn't she" PS questions much longer (even Cindy Crawford admits she did). I find it telling that Lisa R (the royal goddess) does make up shows, but not skin care. Only fillers, Botox and lifts actually work, the rest is smoke and mirrors. (Look at my watch, not at my pores.)

Harpa1278781540.3537686 PostsRegistered 6/28/2007

Somewhere along the way, I read why Dr. P's products are so expensive: in a nutshell, it cost a lot of money to have the products go through the chemical conversions.

In skincare, I can see expense in R&D. I can see expense in importing raw materials (PTR). I can even see expense w/ the French due to bureauccracy. I can't, though, see the expense of chemicals, preservatives and emollients, which seem to be the main thrust of his line of products. But as the Rep keeps suggesting, the whole thing is the delivery system, but that, too, poses a whole other problem.

I really don't like to see people taken advantage of, either. But if they want to, that's okay, too. You're going to get a wide variety of differing viewpoints over what that "advantage" is. I just like to offer another viewpoint so that you have more information to go on. I appreciate conflicting viewpoints. It makes me rethink the path I'm on.

One of the biggest "arguments" I found w/ (specifically) Dr. P's products was the unscientific research. But so many have fallen into this.

The bottom line is - if it works for you (however it works for you!) and makes you happy....

Kimberly3271278783072.6771677 PostsRegistered 12/12/2008

I like "genuine" people. I really believe Holly is a Smashbox make up artist. I really believe Laura Geller has a make up studio. I really believe Leslie stole BE from the originator. I really believe Dr D thinks her not admitting to any "tucks and such" works for her. What I don't believe is Dana constantly saying "I begged Dr P to share this with others." How many new products (Dr D has a million, Dr P is trying to catch up. ) I'm on AD for four Dr P TSVs and ashamed to admit it. Drugstore, here I come....

KKJ1278783164.5771263 PostsRegistered 9/25/2005

What does Paula Begoun say about the Perricone line? I'd be interested to know.

Shelbelle1278784081.46734764 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

It irks me when the hosts repeatedly ask Dana to give us some of the ingredients, and she gets hysterical and says she cannot do that. But yet they want us to pay the mega bucks for the product.

noposting1278784116.5273577 PostsRegistered 11/18/2005
On 7/10/2010 Shelbelle said:

It irks me when the hosts repeatedly ask Dana to give us some of the ingredients, and she gets hysterical and says she cannot do that. But yet they want us to pay the mega bucks for the product.

Here is one Paula review of a moisturizer.

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/bulletin/040308-full.htm

Edit to say: Oops, I meant to quote KKJ and her question about what Paula thinks of Perricone.

Last edited on 7/10/2010

Last edited on 7/10/2010

Kimberly3271278785268.521677 PostsRegistered 12/12/2008
On 7/10/2010 Shelbelle said:

I wonder if the hosts aren't treated to their expectations (this bag will sell out, but I've used it for the past two days)? I don't like that Dr P won't share the ingredients, but I also like that Dana is a stand alone proponent. (I think Mary Beth admits some use of the cream.) Dr P is the elusive star (Isaac, I'm giving you the side eye) that Dr P doesn't need. I love the interaction of the stars/hosts and the vendors. Dr P never gets a star to introduce his products, for he won't kiss up and send them samples to gush about?

lyn in MI1278792944.2824589 PostsRegistered 4/29/2007SW Michigan

I've only noticed bruising over one eye (right) last night as well as last Friday when they had their TSV. That would be bruising for one week, not a month. I know that Dr Perricone is/was very Anti-Botox, so I would be surprised to learn she had that done. I bruise very easily, and when I do, it lasts for quite some time. I once got hit in the temple with a line drive while pitching a softball game, and the blood clots and bruising lasted for many months.

Last edited on 7/10/2010

Last edited on 7/10/2010

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
♥ Birman =^..^= Servant ♥

bjm671278793319.473369 PostsRegistered 5/16/2009

I've only noticed bruising over one eye (right) last night as well as last Friday when they had their TSV. That would be bruising for one week, not a month. I know that Dr Perricone is/was very Anti-Botox, so I would be surprised to learn she had that done. I bruise very easily, and when I do, it lasts for quite some time. I once got hit in the temple with a line drive while pitching a softball game, and the blood clots and bruising lasted for many months.

Last edited on 7/10/2010

ITA - plus, I had bruising a couple times from Botox but it looked absolutely nothing like that. That looked more like the result of some kind of blunt force trauma /accident or other type of injury...

lyn in MI1278793503.21324589 PostsRegistered 4/29/2007SW Michigan
On 7/10/2010 KKJ said:

I don't feel her reviews of his line are any more "harsh" than most other lines I've looked into over @ beautypedia.com. She is anti-DMAE due to the lack of research, but that doesn't really bother me, because for years she was anti-Retinol for the same reason. She now includes Retinol in her own product line.

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
♥ Birman =^..^= Servant ♥

Stargazer771278796273.6136279 PostsRegistered 10/24/2006
On 7/10/2010 KKJ said:

She has 2 Paula's Picks...Active Tinted Moisturizer with SPF 15 and Advanced Eye Area Therapy. She has 5 Very Good's...Advanced Face Firming Activator, Citrus Facial Wash, Gentle Cleanser, Nutritive Cleanser, and Vitamin C Ester Eye Serum.

Troop_Angel1278796642.7975424 PostsRegistered 4/22/2006

I was flipping channels last night, saw her, and stopped. I wanted to see her eyes since a lot of you were commenting on them the last time she was on (which I didn't see). I don't know, but it looked like a little too much eye shadow in the right crease.

Page 1 of 2