Top Rated on Easy Pay
154 Members and 11578 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Wen Bottle Pumps

Started 1278092752.397 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1287111516.627 by 3 Bunny Mom

I just got a new shipment of Wen (the TSV from Dec) and I tried to twist open the pumps and they arent opening so you can pump out the product. I can see this being a problem with one bottle, but so far I tried to twist 3 of them and its the same with all 3. Is anyone else having the same problem?

Page 1 of 1
hkdiaz1278099136.65293 PostsRegistered 8/10/2006

I just received my discovery kit and had some trouble with the pumps. I eventually got all of them to pop up, but it took a lot of turning! The only tips I can give you are to grasp the ridged part as you're turning to make sure you aren't just unscrewing the cap, and also try to isolate the pump part from the little smooth thing it pops up from-if you can JUST turn the pump part, it seems to pop up faster. I had the most trouble with the lavendar, but after turning it for about 50 turns, it finally popped up.

Love to re­ad1278103157.5971681 PostsRegistered 11/3/2008Southern Indiana

I had the exact same issue with my discovery kit. Of the three bottles, I was finally able to get one of the pumps to open. I worked on the other two over a period of days and finally gave up. I move the good pump to the bottle of product that I want to use. It's a pain.

Hair Today­ Gone Tomorrow1278108691.8431738 PostsRegistered 5/10/2006

Push down hard with your palm while you turn and make sure the top is tight. It's a better locking element so the pumps won't open in shipment. Hope this helps.....

hkdiaz1278110220.827293 PostsRegistered 8/10/2006
On 7/2/2010 Hair Today Gone Tomorrow said:

Push down hard with your palm while you turn and make sure the top is tight. It's a better locking element so the pumps won't open in shipment. Hope this helps.....

thanks! Will remember for next time! My 6 yr old is wenning in the shower right now!

VaBelle351278110527.9139386 PostsRegistered 11/19/2004VA suburbs of Washington, DC

I had that problem with the Philosphy bottles. I felt so stupid. I just kept saying, "I can do this."

LOL

QVC Shopper since 1993

Hair Today­ Gone Tomorrow1278124240.7431738 PostsRegistered 5/10/2006
On 7/2/2010 hkdiaz said:
On 7/2/2010 Hair Today Gone Tomorrow said:

Push down hard with your palm while you turn and make sure the top is tight. It's a better locking element so the pumps won't open in shipment. Hope this helps.....

thanks! Will remember for next time! My 6 yr old is wenning in the shower right now!

Awww, how cute is that! No tangles for the 6 year old. I love it....

Hair Today­ Gone Tomorrow1278124288.1631738 PostsRegistered 5/10/2006
On 7/2/2010 VaBelle35 said:

I had that problem with the Philosphy bottles. I felt so stupid. I just kept saying, "I can do this."

LOL

I hear you! LOL. Been there, done that.

hkdiaz1278170075.41293 PostsRegistered 8/10/2006
On 7/2/2010 Hair Today Gone Tomorrow said:
On 7/2/2010 hkdiaz said:
On 7/2/2010 Hair Today Gone Tomorrow said:

Push down hard with your palm while you turn and make sure the top is tight. It's a better locking element so the pumps won't open in shipment. Hope this helps.....

thanks! Will remember for next time! My 6 yr old is wenning in the shower right now!

Awww, how cute is that! No tangles for the 6 year old. I love it....

yep-she has TONS of hair-the individual strands are fine, but she has tons of 'em and her hair goes down to the middle of her back! Her hair is gorgeous-I am so jealous of it :-) She loves the scent of sweet almond mint!

azterry1278176344.2876341 PostsRegistered 3/31/2008valley of the sun, AZ

Thaks for the tips!

No matter what kind of pump or what product, I always have trouble getting the darn things open. I thought I was just pump impaired!

When I get tired of shopping, I sit down and try on shoes~








Hair Today­ Gone Tomorrow1278212907.1331738 PostsRegistered 5/10/2006

azterry, you are singing to the choir here. You should have seen me wrestling the Aveeno pump earlier.... I'm STILL the pump impaired!{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

3 Bunny Mom1287111516.62318 PostsRegistered 2/18/2009

I asked my husband for help to open the bottles. He got one of those rubber jar-grippers to hold the base of the pump still and it popped right up! Hope that helps you!

Page 1 of 1