Just-Reduced Clearance
120 Members and 9394 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Wen 32oz - how long does the bottle last?

Started 1277646039.813 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1277903335.67 by MalteseMomma

I'm thinking of trying the lavender Wen. I have fine, thin, shoulder length hair. I usually wash everyday or my hair won't cooperate. How long would the bottle last? I've never spent that much on shampoo and am wondering how long until I would need to repurchase if I like it. Thanks!

Page 1 of 1
nolimitsho­pping1277648592.94221 PostsRegistered 11/7/2006

It will depend on how many pumps you use. There is a learning curve with WEN and you may have to "perfect" your routine. With you hair being fine and thin, I would think at least three months. Add to that you don't wash daily, I would say it should last you quite a while. Me, on the other hand would use that up in 3 weeks. I have LONG, thick hair and often have to wash twice daily as we play tennis. Good luck! :)

"Don't mistake my kindness for weakness. I am kind to everyone, but when someone is unkind to me, weak is not what you are going to remember about me"-Al Capone

happimommi1277659823.98660 PostsRegistered 4/21/2008

Thanks for the reply. If it lasts that long then I think I'll go for it! I'm hoping I get the great results others here have gotten.

lovetosing1277659882.0136123 PostsRegistered 4/3/2006

I honestly get four washes with it. I have hair down to middle back. I mostly use Wen now as a leave in conditioner to save money.

In the end everything will be okay, if it is not it is not the end - Jason Castro

itsMe1277665724.9473703 PostsRegistered 5/1/2008Sunny South Florida

I've had mine for 10+ months, and have about 1/2 of the bottle left. I usually cleanse 2-3 times a week. I only about use 2 pumps total for cleanse, rinse, and repeat. My hair is thin, fine, and between chin and shoulder length. LOVE the stuff!

happimommi1277672885.71660 PostsRegistered 4/21/2008

Thanks everyone!

itsMe- you only use two pumps? I keep reading where you use 30-40 pumps. That's why I was thinking the bottle wouldn't last long. Plus, I don't know that I could rinse all of that completely out. Does it give your hair volume?

Harpa1277673031.257537 PostsRegistered 6/28/2007

I never measure pumps. I just put a glob in my hand, the size depending on whether I want the full treatment, or just want to refresh. I just purchased a 32 oz. and expect it to last to the end of fall.

happimommi1277673536.27660 PostsRegistered 4/21/2008

Thanks Harpa. That makes it sound a little easier than counting pumps for each section. I'll try it and see what works. If it lasts until the end of fall that would be perfect!

itsMe1277678662.4273703 PostsRegistered 5/1/2008Sunny South Florida
On 6/27/2010 happimommi said:

Thanks everyone!

itsMe- you only use two pumps? I keep reading where you use 30-40 pumps. That's why I was thinking the bottle wouldn't last long. Plus, I don't know that I could rinse all of that completely out. Does it give your hair volume?

happimommi, yes, that is all I use. I use a two to three partial pumps, working it into my hair front to back or back to front, work it in, rinse, and repeat. On the second "cleanse" the product just glides on to my hair. I work it in, and leave it on for the duration of my shower. The rinsing is easy, as I don't have tons of product in my hair. I know most people use MANY more pumps, but I just don't need it. My hair is clean, shiny, healthy, and smells great!

As for volume, my hair, despite being thin and fine, is curly, so it has it's own volume. The Living Proof products give me sustained, controlled body. Overall, a great combination for my hair, and very cost effective. For the first time in my life, I can look in the mirror and like my hair. And, for the first time in my life, I can walk out the door every day confident that my hair will look good throughout the day, not just for 10 minutes if I'm lucky.

bruingirl1277695973.66847 PostsRegistered 8/3/2006Los Angeles, CA

happimommi

For your shoulder length hair, you should use 15 pumps from the 32 oz to cleanse. I've been using wen since Aug. 2006 and won't use anything else. One of the biggest mistakes newbies do when first starting out with wen is using too little and not rinsing enough. You need to use enough product to saturate your hair, massage it in, leave it in for 3-5 minutes and rinse completely and thoroughly. A 32oz bottle should last about 4 months if you cleanse 2-3x/week.

bruingirl

Live.....Laugh.....Love

NoeyD!!!1277732878.48496 PostsRegistered 3/14/2010NYC - MANHATTAN

I have short hair but I cleanse every day (by choice) and the 32 oz would last me about 4 months. this is rather long IMO, and saves me a TON of money!

PS Hey Bruin!!!

Had to change my account once again due to ID issues............*sigh*

happimommi1277733757.017660 PostsRegistered 4/21/2008

You all have been very helpful. I just didn't want to run out in a month or two. Replenishing too often is not in the budget. Now I just hope it works as well for me as it does for all of you!

bruingirl1277761467.5776847 PostsRegistered 8/3/2006Los Angeles, CA

happimommi - I really hope it works for you as well. Please post any questions you may have once you receive it. Lots of wen fans on this board!

Hey NoeyD! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Live.....Laugh.....Love

MJandthebo­ys1277856331.783 PostsRegistered 4/26/2010

My hair is pretty similar to yours in both length and texture. I used to wash my hair every day for the same reasons you do too. With WEN, I wash my hair 2 (rarely 3) times a week. The amount I use is less than what the CD and Chaz recommends. I use 4 pumps in each of the 4 quadrants of my head, and the product works great. The 32 oz bottle of Lavender I have I went through in a little more than 2 months. You'll LOVE the Lavender, BTW. That's the perfect place to start for your (our) hair type! Good luck, enjoy re-learning the meaning of "clean hair" and you'll be shocked how long the "Clean" lasts!!! Oh, pick up a little of the Volumizing spray while you're at it. . . that will help you "poof" your hair a little on the 3rd day!

happimommi1277901442.4660 PostsRegistered 4/21/2008

bruin- I'm sure I'll be back posting questions! You ladies are so knowledgeable about this product so I know someone will be able to help.

MJ- Thanks for the tips. I will have to check out the volumizing spray. I can always use an extra "poof"!

lovetosing1277902399.536123 PostsRegistered 4/3/2006

I do not know how the 32 oz. could last anyone 3 or 4 months! I only get 4 washes with it. And I follow the directions and I have long hair. I have to use enough to cover all my hair properly. I guess you have to have extremely short hair for it to last that long.

In the end everything will be okay, if it is not it is not the end - Jason Castro

LaurieRose1277902912.447169 PostsRegistered 6/29/2010

I have the 16oz bottle... my hair is quite long (almost to my waist) but pretty thin. I've heard that the pump on the 32oz bottle is bigger than the 16oz bottle, so less pumps will be necesssary for an equivalent amount of CC. From the 16oz bottle, I use about 30 pumps a cleansing (directions say about 48, but since my hair is thin, I don't need quite that much). I've been using it for about 2 weeks now almost daily and am about 2/3 through the bottle. I figure a 16oz bottle will last me about 3 weeks cleansing daily, so I'm assuming 6 weeks for the 32oz bottle cleansing daily. But that's for long thin hair.... it should last longer for you because your hair is much shorter than mine. I'm also hoping that the longer I use WEN that I'll be able to start cleansing every 2-3 days, which will mean longer for each bottle! :-)

Good luck!

MalteseMom­ma1277903335.677556 PostsRegistered 8/15/2006

I have been using Wen since he first came to the Q. At first I liked it,then hated it and now I LOVE it...lol....I'm finding as I go along less product is better.I'm finding I don't need all those "pumps" and I also find that one ( sort of sudsy) wash through is best for my long and fine blonde hair.Yesterday I found my hair was better without the drop of leave in too.I do use the styling cream and I use a little of the volumizer spray.I think using too much is just wasting the product and my hair looks greasy in a few minutes.

My goal is not to have to wash my hair everyday.In my case ,less is best Wink

When you reach the end of your rope,you will find the hem of His garment

Page 1 of 1