Just-Reduced Clearance
76 Members and 16311 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Help! My face is falling!!!!!!

Started 1277155123.54 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1277916108.73 by sweetsue_98

I have used Dr. D, Phil, and other products. I am noticing the lines on my forehead and these horizontal line between my eyes let alone "11"'s and slight jowls are just getting worse! I am 54 combination skin, not a sun worshiper and a drawer full of products and NUFace! I thought I was takin good care of my skin! Short of the "knife" I am looking for something that really firms skin. Not looking for miracles just a little LIFT! Anyone ever hear of lacur*a products???? Seems to be getting good reviews. Any suggestions??????????

Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 Next
itsMe1277156089.3473739 PostsRegistered 5/1/2008Sunny South Florida

LOL.... I said the same thing to my derm a couple of years ago..... I have used the lacura firming mask as a night cream, and I like it very much. I think it may help a bit with firmness, can't say for sure, though. But it's as good as or better than a lot of more expensive products out there, so if you're near a store that sells it, give it a try. If I could find it locally, I'd give a lot of their products a try.

expatgal1277156335.8235531 PostsRegistered 4/22/2005

I am your age ... and have almost no wrinkles on my face or neck. Always used very high end products, etc. But my problem is very gradual sagging - especially in the check area. I've always had a full face and don't have that "sunk in" look women our age sometimes get. Sadly, no firming cream/mask/gel can really address this for us. How I wish it could! It is the breakdown of the underlying muscles in the facial structure causing this plus good old Mr. Gravity. Sadly, I think "the knife" may be our only hope. I've also noticed a "flattening out" of my cheek bone area and brow bone area. Yep -- it's all goin' south and fast!

jessam1277156948.713174 PostsRegistered 9/28/2006Florida

SOUTH is not the word!!!!!!!!!!! {#emotions_dlg.ohmy} This yellow face has higher eyebrows!!!!! LOL! What high end products? Dr.Perricone???

violetgirl1277157051.67569 PostsRegistered 7/17/2005N. Cal

Hi, I can't help but chime in. I'm no expert in skin care so I feel very inadequate in telling people what to do. this is just my own experience. I had very good result from Perricone's products. I have quite a few from TSV and sometimes special pricing from Dr. Perricone's site. overall, his products has given me the glow, the smoothness, and the fullness I thought I'd never get back. and the lines...what lines? I had many very fine but very visible lines right under my eyes, on my cheeks. they are all but gone. can't find them any more. smooth and glowing. I think it took a month or two to know it's working. just want to share my experience with you.

jewelryjun­kie1277157057.063243 PostsRegistered 11/19/2006

Hi,

I wonder if that "as seen on T.V", facial exerciser or the one sold on the Q will help? I have thought about trying one of those out. Also, it seem as though there has to be some type of exercise that you can do on your own that can firm facial muscles. If anyone knows of any, I would be interested to try them.

jessam1277157110.607174 PostsRegistered 9/28/2006Florida

Can only get lacur*a from ebay? better then nothing still less expensive!

jessam1277157313174 PostsRegistered 9/28/2006Florida
On 6/21/2010 violetgirl said:

Hi, I can't help but chime in. I'm no expert in skin care so I feel very inadequate in telling people what to do. this is just my own experience. I had very good result from Perricone's products. I have quite a few from TSV and sometimes special pricing from Dr. Perricone's site. overall, his products has given me the glow, the smoothness, and the fullness I thought I'd never get back. and the lines...what lines? I had many very fine but very visible lines right under my eyes, on my cheeks. they are all but gone. can't find them any more. smooth and glowing. I think it took a month or two to know it's working. just want to share my experience with you.

What do you use! I wouldn't know where to start. Like I said forehead, between the eyes and did I say hooded lids???????? It gets worse with each post! LOL

pvtdevinmom1277158182.0531421 PostsRegistered 6/23/2007buckeye

I ve experienced the same thing and have gotten ALOT of improvement from Perricone products. I really notice a difference with the Advanced face firming activator and the neuropeptide facial contour (the Q calls is cream), neuropeptide facial moisturizer, amine complex face lift and the deep wrinkle serum. You must use his products faithfully and I do not see how you will not see improvement. I also use the eye treatment and cold plasma. Love his products.

pvtdevinmom1277158297.3831421 PostsRegistered 6/23/2007buckeye

Many of the Perricone ladies also use the Isomers line that is available on shopnbc. I'm going to order the eye lift from this line shortly. There is a lady on the boards names "Lyn in Mi" who know quite a bit about the Isomers line.

violetgirl1277159098.977569 PostsRegistered 7/17/2005N. Cal

I'm trying to find a few most effective (in my opinion) products for you, the last TSV is good but I can't find it on Q any more.

advanced face firming activator - this is great for getting rid of large pores. I used to have them on and around my nose area. no more.

A94475 Perricone MD Restore and Renew 3-piece Collection: this kit has 3 very good products. the High Potency Evening repair I use before bed time. I believe it gives my skin the youthful plumpness in the morning. the wrinkle serum - I use it on targeted areas only, wherever there are (or there used to have) lines. The cold Plasma - this is the latest rave. search the beauty forum you'll see many entries for this item.

Personally, I splurged on Neuropeptide Cream, this a 2.5 OZ for $240. it last me a year. wait for discount or deal to get it.

One more item (I have to go pull out the bottle as I don't find it on Q, I got it in the last TSV) is Neuropeptide Face Activator, this is kind of watery, like toner. I feel this item gives quick, visible result. I use it once a day, all over my face, bring it down to my neck and chest area. kind of stinky though.

Perricone has a TSV on July 2nd. his items are pricy. wait for TSV or look out for sample program on his web site. this is the only line that gives me visible result. all other skin care may feel good, smell good, but I never can tell what they do beyond a good moisturizer. I have stopped spending money on anything else.

iachick1277159660.2933100 PostsRegistered 9/1/2008
On 6/21/2010 violetgirl said:

One more item (I have to go pull out the bottle as I don't find it on Q, I got it in the last TSV) is Neuropeptide Face Activator, this is kind of watery, like toner. I feel this item gives quick, visible result. I use it once a day, all over my face, bring it down to my neck and chest area. kind of stinky though.

I'm 53 year old and don't expect miracles from any skin care products but I just tried Perricone Advanced Face Activator this past week and am amazed at what an immediate difference it made in the appearance of my neck, face and undereye area. My skin appears much smoother and somewhat lifted. I don't know that I'm ready to spend hundreds of dollars on all the Perricone products, but I think I could justify this one.

jessam1277159813.953174 PostsRegistered 9/28/2006Florida

I have wanted to use Dr. Perricone products but felt they were expensive. But the bathroom full of everything else I have purchased I could probably be using his products only! Thanks for the advise. I would love to know what the TSV will be. Dana has gorgeous skin but then again I could be her mother!LOL!

fashionfav­es1277159995.8233018 PostsRegistered 1/23/2005Just South of Sanity! ;)

And it does not get any better. Ultimately the only thing that will help is plastic surgery. (NOT for me) I just smile and enjoy my senior discounts....{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

"If you have not often felt the joy of doing a kind act, you have neglected much, and most of all yourself."
A Neilen

pvtdevinmom1277160069.1871421 PostsRegistered 6/23/2007buckeye

Keep checking online with QVC and don't forget to go on Perricones website. Go to the bottom of the page and click on "samples" and "specials" and you would be surprised some of the deals you can get. Just get any Perricone deals that you can buy and I think you'll be very happy....but I agree with the othe post.....GET THE NEUROPEPTIDE FACIAL CONTOUR and use it like Dana shows you. My last tube made it for 8 months.....thats pretty darn awesome.

swissmiss1277160332.872226 PostsRegistered 10/3/2005
Hi. I am 54 and fortunately don't have many limes or wrinkles but my face is falling. I use HE products like Dr.P, retin A, prevage, Chanel and La Prarie. They help a lot with my skin. But for the rest (like sagging) I use Botox and fillers. I have no forehead lines or crows feet due to Botox, and I fill my frown lines, little hollows next to my nostrils and jawline. That is how you can delay the sagging look. It REALLY works! I don't have hooded lids yet but will fix them with surgery in a minute when necessary. I don't think any creme can solve that.

jessam1277160753.607174 PostsRegistered 9/28/2006Florida

Ladies you are beautiful and so caring trying to help! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} I so appreciate the advise! I don't mind growing older I just want to slow down the signs.

Fifi11277160949.4874753 PostsRegistered 1/21/2005

Using a higher end skin care with active ingredients can help, as well as RX Retin A prescribed by your derm. That said, Botox is your friiend and I'm going to inquire at my next B-session about fillers - don't think I'm quite there yet.... but could be getting closer! I also would consider an eye-lift, but so far am very fortunate in the eye area!

I am pretty thin, I like being about 3-5#'s less than right now, but my face at 52 needs the extra #'s!!!! Funny how that can make a dif!

I always laugh at women that use a moistuizer with no active ingredients that claim their face is so soft - a soft face is NOT my goal!!!

PS - Hi to Swissmiss - thought of you regarding tennis the other day! ;)

newshound61277161891.867563 PostsRegistered 5/8/2008

Botox and fillers-in the long run they are cheaper, and they actually work and give real undeniable results. I especially believe this about sagging and forehead issues.

SuzyBailey1277162002.355348 PostsRegistered 6/17/2007NEW YORK, NEW YORK

there are a lot of new lasers now for tightening and i think it's worth the money in the long run. i know exactly what you are saying. i will be 54 in september and even though i use botox and all fillers i still have some sagging. i'm going to do laser!!!!!!!!

"This Ain't Tennessee, and He Ain't You". Janie Fricke

jessam1277162711.043174 PostsRegistered 9/28/2006Florida

Wouldn't Botox make my eyes more droopy? Laser sounds interesting!

lovetosing1277162854.026126 PostsRegistered 4/3/2006

Get Dr. D. Firming facial pads to exfoliate and tighten skin, then get Dr. Perricone's Neuropeptide Face Activator and AFFA. You will see a difference! Later if you can get the Cold Plasma eye and face and deep wrinkle serum. I am telling you, your face will change. Do it now the sooner the better!Smile

In the end everything will be okay, if it is not it is not the end - Jason Castro

babcias51277163381.9531376 PostsRegistered 1/12/2009Az.
On 6/21/2010 jewelryjunkie said:

Hi,

I wonder if that "as seen on T.V", facial exerciser or the one sold on the Q will help? I have thought about trying one of those out. Also, it seem as though there has to be some type of exercise that you can do on your own that can firm facial muscles. If anyone knows of any, I would be interested to try them.

I really don't know if those would help or hurt..Everyone claims frown & laugh lines come from us moving our faces..So wouldn't excercising our face cause more wrinkles??

babcias5

BeachParkB­abe1277163937.673538 PostsRegistered 5/27/2010

A good place for info is You Tube. I am using the Neckline Slimmer and was doing research and came across some exercises on You Tube. I have only been using the Neckline Slimmer for 2 weeks so way to early to see if it is doing anything. Just a thought.

babcias51277164897.11376 PostsRegistered 1/12/2009Az.

If you think you're face has fallen wait till you're my age (64)...That's when an avalanche happens.........LOL...

babcias5

OCGurl1277164979.677532 PostsRegistered 8/2/2007Palm Desert, CA
On 6/21/2010 newshound6 said:

Botox and fillers-in the long run they are cheaper, and they actually work and give real undeniable results. I especially believe this about sagging and forehead issues.

Agree!

Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 Next