Fall Fashion Days
143 Members and 13845 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Vitamin C Serum vs. Cream Question

Started 1265298412 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1265314927 by lovestodance
replies
Hi,
I was going to start using Avalon Organics Vitamin C products in the morning under my sunblock (I use Renova in the evenings). Wondering if I should use the Serum or the Renewal Facial Cream or both. By the looks of the ingredients--they both have the same type of Vitamin C delivery. Their website says that they have a concentration of 20% Vitamin C. Obviously the cream is more moisturizing. Didn't know if it was overkill to use the serum then the cream or should I just go with one of them?
Thanks in advance.
Jul

Page 1 of 1
OCGurl12653000687420 PostsRegistered 8/2/2007Palm Desert, CA
i dont think you need both
i prefer a C serum as i like the lightness of it under sunblock, most of the year I dont need a moisturizer under my sunblock (except winter) so it is nice to just use a serum and sunblock and done
Serums sink in faster as well
:)
--
OCGurl 48, Fair to medium skin, medium brown hair, hazel eyes. Mind, body, spirit - stay balanced...Spend time with the ones you love. Be healthy, eat nutritionally, exercise and have fun. Mom to 2 wonderful sons, 27 & 29.
"A girl can wait for Mr. Right to come along, but in the meantime that doesnt mean she can't have a wonderful time with Mr. Wrong"...."Cher...The Goddess Within"

BESwede12653004826218 PostsRegistered 6/4/2007Colorado
Just one is all you need.
Personally I prefer a serum because it absorbs quickly and I can folllow it with my normal daytime moisturizer with SPF.
My favorite is Kate Somerville Total Vitamin Antioxidant Serum
which has a high dose of Vitamin C, Vit E and other antioxidant
ingredients. It really makes a big difference in my skin.
46, very fair, blonde, green eyes, cool "summer" coloring
combination ,sensitive skin. Vegetarian

ladyroxanne126530244510986 PostsRegistered 3/25/2008northern ca
I thought, but maybe I'm mistaken, that a serum was more concentrated than a cream or lotion. I thought you apply a serum first and then apply any cream or lotion next.

OCGurl12653032997420 PostsRegistered 8/2/2007Palm Desert, CA
> I thought, but maybe I'm mistaken, that a serum was
> more concentrated than a cream or lotion. I thought
> you apply a serum first and then apply any cream or
> lotion next.
this is correct to my knowledge
--
OCGurl 48, Fair to medium skin, medium brown hair, hazel eyes. Mind, body, spirit - stay balanced...Spend time with the ones you love. Be healthy, eat nutritionally, exercise and have fun. Mom to 2 wonderful sons, 27 & 29.
"A girl can wait for Mr. Right to come along, but in the meantime that doesnt mean she can't have a wonderful time with Mr. Wrong"...."Cher...The Goddess Within"

tototwo12653046422489 PostsRegistered 2/8/2008Great Plains
I use the Avalon Organics C serum every morning. I put it on my clean face, let it soak in a minute, then apply my moisturizer lotion with sunblock on top. I've noticed a nice difference in my complexion since I've been using the C serum - smoother and brighter.

If you obey all the rules, you miss all of the fun.
- Katharine Hepburn

stevie7212653113452255 PostsRegistered 1/2/2009Western NY
I also use Avalon Vitamin C Serum in the morning and then PC sunscreen over that. I've been using it since last Spring and have noticed a difference in my complexion -- it was always soft but it much clearer and brighter
--
Janet from WNY
--
I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read and all the friends I want to see -- John Burroughs

Janet from WNY

lovestodan­ce12653148014872 PostsRegistered 6/12/2006
Stevie so glad you are loving the avalon serum,and other skin care ones.
I forgot to mention the toner as well.
Really like the way my skin reacts to them as well.
lovestodance:-x
--
"LIVE,LOVE,LAUGH & BE HAPPY"

lovestodan­ce12653149274872 PostsRegistered 6/12/2006
> I use the Avalon Organics C serum every
> morning. I put it on my clean face, let it soak in a
> minute, then apply my moisturizer lotion with
> sunblock on top. I've noticed a nice difference in
> my complexion since I've been using the C serum -
> smoother and brighter.
Hi totowo, thanks for sharing your regimen with us.
I have some other products i use during the day.
Usually use the avalon before bedtime.
However i am going to try it during the day as well.
lovestodance
--
"LIVE,LOVE,LAUGH & BE HAPPY"

Page 1 of 1