Fall Fashion Clearance
139 Members and 12764 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

What Type of Wen for Fine, Color-Treated Hair?

Started 1276435489.5 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1276650655.187 by NicksMom

Hi everyone! Thisi s my first post!

What type of Wen would I use on my slightly above shoulders, fine, color-treated hair?

Cucumber is for fine-medium hair, but lavendar, it says, it good for color-treated hair. I am right in the middle and am confused!

Thanks for your help!

Page 1 of 1
makeup add­ict1276436496.3437816 PostsRegistered 12/27/2006

I have fine color treated hair and I love the Lavendar. I got a try me with multilple scents and this one did the best on my hair. I couldn't believe how soft it made my hair and it didn't weigh down my hair either.

hth

newlawgirl1276436606.9272999 PostsRegistered 2/4/2010

I have fine, thin, non-treated hair and I love the lavender too. However, you can try to cucumber/lavender discovery kit to figure out which one you like the best:

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.onair.tpl.onair.CM_SCID.IOA

Speak your mind, even if your voice shakes.

csv3201276436747.0876724 PostsRegistered 6/24/2007

Lisa R has fine color treated hair (her natural hair, not when she has the clip in hair on) and she says she goes back and forth between the fig and the tea tree.

angel81276437555.433334 PostsRegistered 7/10/2006

I, too, am baffled as how this whole system works. How do you chose correctly and what about a conditioner. I would love to try WEN, but it seems so confusing. What products are a must? My hair is color treated, fairly fine (but a lot of it), and past my shoulders. Where to I begin?? Thanks!!! Have a lovely Sunday!

newlawgirl1276438193.342999 PostsRegistered 2/4/2010

angel8, I would suggest the try me kit in the lavender/cucumber aloe. I have found that for me, the "musts" are the cleansing conditioner, styling creme and especially the replenishing mist. Even people with thicker hair seem to really love the lavender so I think it may be the most universal of all of them. My hair is shoulder length so I use about 24 pumps and slather it on and then splash in some water and rub it in for a minute or so. Then I comb out my hair and just let it sit while I finish the rest of my shower. When I am done, I rinse my hair out well, put about 1/2 pump of conditioner and 1/2 pump of styling creme on my sopping wet hair. I then get out of the shower and towel dry my hair and blow dry it. On days two and three I just rinse my hair really well in the shower and then towel dry my hair, spray it with the replenishing spray and blow dry. It took me a while to realize (and accept) that I didn't need to wash my hair every day but now my hair looks great! Hope this helps!

Speak your mind, even if your voice shakes.

belleandme1276438642.728642 PostsRegistered 7/13/2009southern illinois

toms mom, hi!

i have heard chaz say that the lavender was developed for people with fine hair and that the sweet almond mint is for all hair types.

i think there is a lavender volumizing kit. i would try a smaller bottle until you see which one you like.

the only one i think is not recommended for very fine hair is the fig.

i have been using wen since it came to the q and while i dont only use wen now, i do keep some on hand and use it several times a week.

it is hard to get used to the idea of not needing soap on your scalp all the time, as newlawgirl said{#emotions_dlg.scared} but once you give it a break for a while, you can really see the difference.

hth!

FOUR BLOOD MOONS~~john hagee

"...There will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars...Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near." Luke 21:25a, 28

belleandme1276439130.7478642 PostsRegistered 7/13/2009southern illinois
On 6/13/2010 angel8 said:

I, too, am baffled as how this whole system works. How do you chose correctly and what about a conditioner. I would love to try WEN, but it seems so confusing. What products are a must? My hair is color treated, fairly fine (but a lot of it), and past my shoulders. Where to I begin?? Thanks!!! Have a lovely Sunday!

hi angels8, yes it is confusing especially at that price point, to just take the plunge.

just remember you can return it and get a different variety if one is not your fave.

chaz said that they were basically suitable to all hair types, but some lean more this way or that. (my paraphrase).

i have lots of fine curly long highlighted hair and i use them all. i would say that you would be safe with the cucumber or the lavender for sure. next would be the sweet almond mint, and teatree. and last would be the fig. if you do get a sampler, start with the fig only on the ends, until you see if it is too conditioning for your hair.

i got a sampler when i first started and i think that helped me peg down which i wanted for the larger sizes.

also, it kind of makes me feel better, that it is like getting two bottles for the price of one, since in the past i would spend $20 on shampoo and another $25 on conditioner.

hth! let us know if you try it! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

FOUR BLOOD MOONS~~john hagee

"...There will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars...Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near." Luke 21:25a, 28

angel81276443574.133334 PostsRegistered 7/10/2006

Hi Newlawgirl and Belleandme:

I so appreciate your well described answers. This truly has helped. I guess I just couldn't understand how that large gallon size serves as a shampoo! I definitley will look into the try me and contemplate the gallon size. I also will check the styling creme and replenishing mist. I've been using N. Chavez, but the older version is difficult to get on Ebay and I find myself seeking an alternative. Thank you so very much ladies!!

Last edited on 6/13/2010

Last edited on 6/13/2010

MalteseMom­ma1276445000.177455 PostsRegistered 8/15/2006Formally Corgimom

After many trials I find the Lavender is best for me.I can get 2 days out of it.Otherwise I need to wash my hair daily.

newlawgirl,thanks for that tip on only wshing and using the replenish.I'm going to try that.

Last edited on 6/13/2010

Last edited on 6/13/2010

When you reach the end of your rope,you will find the hem of His garment

Toms Mom1276451138.47375 PostsRegistered 6/13/2010

Thanks so much everyone! I think i will try the Lavender Cleansing Conditioner and the Cucumber Aloe Styling Cream!

Mimichic1276467238.937163 PostsRegistered 10/26/2006
On 6/13/2010 mj198 said:

Lisa R has fine color treated hair (her natural hair, not when she has the clip in hair on) and she says she goes back and forth between the fig and the tea tree.

I've never heard Lisa R say she uses Fig. I've always heard her say that she uses the Sweet Almond Mint and the Tea Tree. There is even a special kit they sell on QVC with those 2 put together because Lisa uses it.

I use the Tea Tree/Sweet Almond Mint together or Lavender/Cucumber Aloe together. I have very fine, straight, soft, color treated hair, but also have some scalp flakiness in cold weather and oiliness in warm weather. So, the combos work the best for me. I shampoo first with the one that helps the scalp (Tea Tree or Cucumber Aloe) and then shampoo with the volumizing one (Sweet Almond Mint or Lavender) to finish off. The trick for me was shampooing and then repeating; otherwise, my hair would be a little weighed down and get oily fast.

sipofwine1276468737.773270 PostsRegistered 1/31/2006
I have chin length, fine, color-treated hair and use mainly straight up lavender. Sometimes I combine it with either the tea tree or cucumber.

Toms Mom1276471285.32775 PostsRegistered 6/13/2010

Thanks everyone! I ended up ordering a gallon of Lavender and a gallon of Cucumber. I will mainly use Lavender, but mix them sometimes, then sometimes just use Cucumber. Thanks for helping!

itsMe1276646224.263591 PostsRegistered 5/1/2008Sunny South Florida
On 6/13/2010 Toms Mom said:

Thanks everyone! I ended up ordering a gallon of Lavender and a gallon of Cucumber. I will mainly use Lavender, but mix them sometimes, then sometimes just use Cucumber. Thanks for helping!

WOW! That is quite a leap of faith!!! I love lavender, and thus far have been too confused and chicken to order another. I hate sending things back, and it's just so much money. I hope you have great success with both of these. Please let us know.

One Tired ­Mother1276647179.577871 PostsRegistered 9/29/2008Lone Oak, TX

I've read in this post that some of you use more than one--do you mix the 2 during the same wash, or do you use one then the other during your shower, or do you just use one on one day, then the other on the next? I have curly, fine, color-processed hair with a slightly oily scalp (moreso when it's hot), so I'm still trying to figure out which one (or combo) would work best.

TIA!

NicksMom1276650655.1873180 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Philadelphia Suburbs, PA

I have fine color treated hair and i have used lavender and sweet almond mint and like both of them equally. I recently tried tea tree to help w/ some scalp issues and I am loving that one I think the best out of all. I love how tingly/clean my scalp feels when I use it.

~ the original NicksMom

Page 1 of 1