Shoes & Handbags Offers
168 Members and 12806 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Where Can I Buy Hair Toner?

Started 1276395245.74 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1276400275.487 by kat_lvr

I had my hair highlighted today and it's supposed to have caramel highlights and instead it's too white/gray.

Where can I buy caramel toner?

TIA

Respectfully ~
Kate

Page 1 of 1
Sister Gol­den Hair1276395550.6114443 PostsRegistered 7/18/2008

Did you do it yourself? If you had it done at the beauty shop, I would go back and have them fix it.

Reach for the moon, even if you miss, you will land among the stars.

Sister Gol­den Hair1276395687.1914443 PostsRegistered 7/18/2008

I clicked too fast. If you did it yourself, maybe the ladies at Sally's could help you.

mimicat1276395794.651536 PostsRegistered 3/15/2010

I would try a beauty supply store. If not, then I would definitely get a professional to do something. HTH

Sunshine K­ate1276395822.7312048 PostsRegistered 11/13/2006The Beautiful Mountains & Western Sky

Yes, I had it done at the salon. I got home this evening and realized the highlighting color is not caramel. I know she put a toner on it, but it's the wrong color.

I thought I could buy some and fix it. I think it's easy to put on, I just don't know too much about it.

I looked on Sally's Beauty Supply site and they don't have a caramel color, just white shades.

Respectfully ~
Kate

Sister Gol­den Hair1276396920.7514443 PostsRegistered 7/18/2008

I have highlighted my hair forever and no one ever used a toner. I would make them fix the problem. I would go and talk to the owner or manager of the salon. It costs too much money to have them do it wrong.

Sunshine K­ate1276397732.69712048 PostsRegistered 11/13/2006The Beautiful Mountains & Western Sky
On 6/12/2010 Sister Golden Hair said:

I have highlighted my hair forever and no one ever used a toner. I would make them fix the problem. I would go and talk to the owner or manager of the salon. It costs too much money to have them do it wrong.

I guess I'll just go back Monday. You're right, it costs a lot.

Respectfully ~
Kate

mimicat1276398014.981536 PostsRegistered 3/15/2010
On 6/12/2010 Sunshine Kate said:

Yes, I had it done at the salon. I got home this evening and realized the highlighting color is not caramel. I know she put a toner on it, but it's the wrong color.

I thought I could buy some and fix it. I think it's easy to put on, I just don't know too much about it.

I looked on Sally's Beauty Supply site and they don't have a caramel color, just white shades.

I would definitely complain to the stylist and ask her to fix it. If she gives you a hard time, go somewhere else and never go back to her again! If you want to avoid the whole thing with her, just go somewhere else to get it corrected. I hope everything works out for you, Sunshine!

Sunshine K­ate1276398211.58712048 PostsRegistered 11/13/2006The Beautiful Mountains & Western Sky
On 6/12/2010 mimicat said:
On 6/12/2010 Sunshine Kate said:

I would definitely complain to the stylist and ask her to fix it. If she gives you a hard time, go somewhere else and never go back to her again! If you want to avoid the whole thing with her, just go somewhere else to get it corrected. I hope everything works out for you, Sunshine!

Thanks for the replies! Smile

Respectfully ~
Kate

Sister Gol­den Hair1276398712.78714443 PostsRegistered 7/18/2008

I would ask what they used on your hair and why it looks white. They should of used a color for caramel highlight. The one my beauty shop uses for me is called Mocha. They need to show you their color chart of the hair colors and then you tell them what you want. Sometimes I have her use two colors but they shouldn't look white. If they do it right, they shouldn't have to use a toner.

The way I figure it, it's my money, my hair and I can ask all the questions that I want..of course I'm lucky because I have had the same woman for years now but I still ask her questions. With my hair getting more and more silver, I have her color it all over and then do the highlights. It is a longer process but it is worth it. Then about every other time, I have her just do the roots.

I'm sure they don't want you telling other people that they did a bad job...not good for business. Let us know what happens.

kat_lvr1276399193.397620 PostsRegistered 4/20/2010

I would go back to the salon and have them to do it but if you don't want to do that Sally's Beauty Supply sells Born Blond Lotion Toner in Happy Honey. It is darker than what is shown on the bottle. Leave it on at least 20 minutes and rinse out. Don't shampoo or the color will come off too fast. I have used it many times and it is darker than the picture on the bottle. If it isn't dark enough do it again and leave on for 10 minutes then check buy wiping off a few strands.

Did the hair stylist lift the highlights up to a yellow stage or lighter? That makes a big difference in how toners will take on your hair. If you are at all afraid to use a toner yourself go back to the salon and let them do it for you .If they are a reputable salon they will be happy to do it over for you.

Do not use a peroxide toner on highlighted hair unless the frosting cap has been left on. It will turn your natural hair orange. It only works on hair that has been lightened to a yellow or pale yellow stage.

They should have used a tube color in the shade for your hair-color to lift to the caramel stage and deposit color. Hope this helps. I have been there and done that.

Last edited on 6/12/2010

Last edited on 6/12/2010

kar321276399596.021981 PostsRegistered 3/28/2009

i'm not a hair dresser but maybe they can put a glaze on your hair to tone down the white instead of a toner. there's all different types of glazes they can do.i don't know which would be better maybe your right and a toner would be better.

kat_lvr1276400275.483620 PostsRegistered 4/20/2010

A glaze would work also kar32. It would give a nice shine to the hair and comes in many colors.

Page 1 of 1