Guaranteed Delivery
71 Members and 18814 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Anyone Love the Smell of Moroccan Oil/Argan Oil? If only...

Started 1276377958.79 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1276396911.03 by lianne

they made a body lotion that smelled like this. I just love the smell of it. I bought a bottle of Moroccan oil for my hair (love) and I love the smell too.

Respectfully ~
Kate

Page 1 of 1
skott1276379135.39326 PostsRegistered 1/23/2008

I just purchases a morroccan oil for my hair at my salon today. It was $40, and now I am having a little buyers remorse. Does it really work? I have thick, coarse, curly hair halfway down my back.

jesuschick1276379233.4231545 PostsRegistered 3/20/2008Kansas City, MO

I'd bet they will. They branched out into shampoo, conditioner and such. The fragrance you smell is a manufactured fragrance (not argan oil) so they should be able to add it to lots of things!

sillybugs1276381038.38765 PostsRegistered 8/8/2009

My Argan Oil doesn't have a smell, that's why I like it. I've never smelled Moroccan oil so I can't comment on that.

Skin: Combo/mild seborrheic dermatitis around sides of nose/forehead, sensitive/reactive, fine lines just starting around eyes.
Hair: Salt & pepper, normal, mild seborrheic dermatitis on scalp, shoulder length bob.

NurseRecru­iter1276383539.9613869 PostsRegistered 6/9/2005Suburban Chicago

The brand, MoroccanOil, is mostly silicone and lots of additives which is perfectly fine as long as you know that is what you are paying for. Same thing about the one at Sally's (which also has a great scent but mostly silicone)

Personally, I think MorocconOil is just riding the wave, falsely using the name and charging a fortune for silicone which is in every drugstore hair care shine or anti-frizz serum out there. I think silicone is fine for hair but just makes me crazy that MorocconOil is getting away with it as so many believe they are getting argan oil and they aren't. I use a 100% pure argan oil with no fillers and it has no scent or odor. And no need to pay $48 or whatever for the Josie Maran. Lots of good etailers sell the real deal for a lot less. Posh Peddler, Androcco, Shimmer Skin, Camdey Grey (high shipping) and Zamouri Spices to name a few.

Are we friends on Facebook yet? See my profile for FB contact info!

Zaksgrrl1276383634.4779844 PostsRegistered 2/2/2008In the sun but willing to go into the dark

Argan oil doesn't have an odor. You're smelling additives. Personally, I'd rather have a bottle of pure Argan oil, which you can get for the same money.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
When I get through this, I'm going to live the life of an adventurer.
Bear Grylls

SuzyBailey1276392314.545350 PostsRegistered 6/17/2007NEW YORK, NEW YORK

I ws going to say the same thing. My face argan and body argan oils do not have any scent. I get them from Zamouri Spices which is online.

"This Ain't Tennessee, and He Ain't You". Janie Fricke

polar1276392405.42717 PostsRegistered 11/7/2005

NO.

jerseygyrl1276392824.142163 PostsRegistered 11/6/2006

I do like the scent of morrcanoil but like others have said, I cannot justify the high price tag for ordinary silicone. I got a small bottle in an Allure beauty box and would not repurchase when there are so many comparable drugstore products.

Sunshine K­ate1276396194.4212443 PostsRegistered 11/13/2006The Beautiful Mountains & Western Sky

I bought a bottle of Moroccan Oil and love it for my hair. I had no idea it wasn't naturally scented. Thanks for the info. I do like the smell of it though and it makes my hair look great.

It's not greasy or oily and really shines.

Respectfully ~
Kate

Sunshine K­ate1276396737.15712443 PostsRegistered 11/13/2006The Beautiful Mountains & Western Sky
On 6/12/2010 NurseRecruiter said:

The brand, MoroccanOil, is mostly silicone and lots of additives which is perfectly fine as long as you know that is what you are paying for. Same thing about the one at Sally's (which also has a great scent but mostly silicone)

Personally, I think MorocconOil is just riding the wave, falsely using the name and charging a fortune for silicone which is in every drugstore hair care shine or anti-frizz serum out there. I think silicone is fine for hair but just makes me crazy that MorocconOil is getting away with it as so many believe they are getting argan oil and they aren't. I use a 100% pure argan oil with no fillers and it has no scent or odor. And no need to pay $48 or whatever for the Josie Maran. Lots of good etailers sell the real deal for a lot less. Posh Peddler, Androcco, Shimmer Skin, Camdey Grey (high shipping) and Zamouri Spices to name a few.

Thanks, NurseRecruiter! I wish I would have searched here for information regarding moroccan oil before I bought a bottle. I should have known better. Smile

Respectfully ~
Kate

lianne1276396911.031817 PostsRegistered 12/17/2007

I love the smell of Moroccan Oil too! I was introduced to it by my hairdresser and my first bottle lasted a whole year. I have never seen any of their ads or information claiming its pure argon oil. The blend is what is unique. It works much better on my hair for shine and conditioning than the pure oil.

Page 1 of 1