Designer Fashion Clearance
147 Members and 15629 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Where is Tova?

Started 1275797095.313 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1278901847.257 by brownie917

I really do miss the Beauty By Tova Shows. Is she ever coming back? Even after she sold her company to the Q she still returned to do some shows occasionally. Are those days over now? I also am finding fewer of her products even available now and have been waiting several weeks now for a back-order. Would I have better luck if I try to order from her company (or former company) in Beverly Hills. I don't even know how to go about it. Like many others, I greatly miss her wonderful original Signature fragrance. Does anyone know if she will ever appear on the Q again? Sure do miss her. She is such a beautiful and classy lady.

Page 1 of 1
Spunkyspou­ts1275797314.4077198 PostsRegistered 11/19/2008miami

I sure dont miss her spraying everyone with that magic formula that everyone complains about everytime she is people get angry because it "changed". she most likely figured out people were no longer going to buy her fragrance because it makes them angry not happy.

FLJutta591275798874.277307 PostsRegistered 8/31/2006

I understand where you are coming from. I miss Tova a lot also. I knew she's been in Germany on QVC there selling her products and jewelry. She even has a new blue Tova fragrance over there. I sure hope they will schedule some shows with her here soon. I am going to be notified by e-mail I think when any of her shows are coming up.

Jutta

cinebee1275800838.8036538 PostsRegistered 5/7/2007

She was on not too long ago............

Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to.
-Alfred A. Montapert

Gal1275859196.181791 PostsRegistered 9/18/2007

To:Long Time Viewer,

Tova's company in Beverly Hills is closed. Check e-bay for her products and also Amazon.com. If you like her Signature as much I do, try the Signature Platinum. This smells more like the original than any of the others and for me, it stays on longer. The Classic is also good, but for some reason, it just doesn't last as long. Also try the Elixir and layer. Tova isn't on QVC as much as she use to be but she did have a show about a month ago. I doubt she is selling much since there are so many unhappy customers with the change in the Signature formula.

Daysdee1275863692.0719043 PostsRegistered 1/23/2007

I miss ordering by phone from her salon in Beverly Hills and miss her original products. Her make-up and skincare line was great. The fragrances were wonderful and are not the same now, as I understand it. I haven't ordered because of that.

Gal1276176540.8031791 PostsRegistered 9/18/2007

Daysdee,

Give the Signature Platinum a try - you may be surprised at how close this is to the original. The "Q" has a duo of the Platinum and the Elixir available. Layer and it smells wonderful.

Gal1276197705.0171791 PostsRegistered 9/18/2007

Tova's next show is Thursday, July 1, 4:00 P.M. - 5:00 P.M.

petal1278792729.954 PostsRegistered 7/10/2010

If you are looking for Tova, check out www.qvcuk.com. She is now selling her line of Diamonique by Tova. She has some Tova fragrances, but seems to have a lot of jewelry. My opinion is she started with Tova Signature, Body, Mind & Spirit and then Tova Nights. Perfect! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Then, in no particular order, Tova Calm, which I liked. Smile Then Nirvana popped up. Anyone remember Free Spirit? A lighter version of Body, Mind and Spirit.

Then suddenly we had Love Everlasting followed by several (now I've lost count) other fragrances. Somewhere along the way she changed the Tova Signature bottle which I always loved into an improved bottle that was heavier and more clumsy to work with.

Maybe if she has just not added so many other fragrances and kept the real, proven winners so many of us would not be disappointed. At one time she said the cost of absolute jasmine had skyrocketed. OK, be honest and charge more for the fragrance instead of telling us over and over that it has been reformulated again to the original fragrance. We would have been willing to pay for it because we were loyal to her for so many years. But by thinking we would not know the difference is an insult and a slap in the face of sorts. I did order the last new and improved duo she promised was the original and sent it back.

Sorry, Tova, but if you had just been honest with me I would have not lost my respect for you. Hope you are happy in England with your jewelry line. {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Gal1278852607.961791 PostsRegistered 9/18/2007

Petal,

If you are interested in finding the fragrances you mentioned, try ebay. I've seen these listed just recently. I had been wearing the Signature fragrance for many years; in fact, I use to order the fragrance/body cream as a set from the "Q". If you haven't tried the Platinum w/ the Elixir as a duo, you may want to give this a try. For me, this is the closest to the original scent and when layered, the fragrance lasts all day for me. I, too, am disappointed in Tova as well as the "Q" for the pathetic excuses they gave for the change in the formula. First it was manufacturing, then it was medication that women were taking, body changes, etc. I guess they thought we wouldn't know the difference! I'm personally bored with the other concoctions Tova is coming up with - I ordered a couple, then returned as they were too strong for me. I imagine her sales have really gone down and whether or not she continues on the "Q" is questionable - I think it she and the "Q" ever brought back the original fragrance, sales would skyrocket, at any price, but I don't look for that to happen. It's such a shame that this beautiful fragrance is no longer.

little mis­s sunshine1278856571.1032456 PostsRegistered 10/13/2006

I too was a great fan of the original Tova signature and didn't buy any of the "new" stuff for years. Then, after some reviews said the new Platinum was ok, I tried it. Sorry to say it doesn't even come close to the original. At first spray, my nose said "OK"; an hour later, no scent (not like the original stuff which lasted a long time). I kept the bottle and used it occasionally. Yesterday, I sprayed it again after many weeks without use and it smelled like bug spray! It's too late to return it but I'm thinking of using the remaining sprays on ants and roaches. I don't miss Tova. She sold us out!

Gal1278901473.3571791 PostsRegistered 9/18/2007

little miss sunshine,

To me, the Platinum is the closest to the original, no it's not THE original, but it's close. You may want to layer the Platinum with the Elixir and see if you might like it any better. The "Q" has a duo set for around $40. You may also give the "Classic" a try - also layering with the Elixir. I think the Classic is OK but for me, this is the one that didn't last as long. I know how disappointing it has been to all of us who used the wonderful Signature fragrance - and how disappointed I am with Tova for letting this happen!

brownie9171278901847.2574579 PostsRegistered 11/19/2004New England

Wow! I looked at the weblink to QVC UK and then to the QVC Germany....Tova has LOTS of products there (including jewelry) compared to just a few things here on QVC U.S. The reviews are generally better over-the-pond too. (But some ladies have noted the changes in the fragrance formulations).

This is all of the Q's doing. But, Tova went bankrupt and had to sell to the Q. No other way out for her, unfortunately, but to simply be a paid spokeswoman for her 'former' line. Sad.....

Page 1 of 1