Just-Reduced Clearance
21 Members and 14215 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Origins skin care line vs. Philosophy skin care

Started 1275701968.087 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1280760922.85 by luvtocooknsing
replies

Hi!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I'm new at writing a post in BB. I have read some of the postings and

have found some of the information posted very informative.

That being said, I am hoping someone can help me with my quest

for finding a skin care line that is beneficial for my skin without breaking

the bank. I am looking for a cleanser, eye cream, and moisturizer.

I like my skin care routine to be simple and effective. The fewer products

the better. I am currently trying a few Origins products because of a special

offer they advertised. I have used Purity and currently use it from time to time

(left over from previous purchases). The reason I went to Origins was to find a

moisturizer that really moisturized my skin and I have read good reviews about their

products.

I also keep seeing the Philosophy Miracle Worker and Concentrate and wonder if that

would be better for my skin than anything offered by Origins. Not sure if I should go

back to Philosophy or if there is another brand that would be just as effective. I'm not

discounting either line, I just don't know if I should continue with Origins or return to

Philosophy. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm a bit overwhelmed!

I have combination skin with an occasional breakout. My skin tone is pretty even and I

have few wrinkles. Fortunately, I don't have to wear much makeup.

I'm 39, with hazel green eyes, medium skin tone, light brown hair (naturally curly).

Page 1 of 1
love me lo­ve my cats1275702242.1171860 PostsRegistered 6/22/2006PA

I really like several of Phil. skincare items (Purity, Hope in a jar, hope in a tube) - however, after trying many brands - I love the Clinique line very much. I noticed a visible difference in my skin after using Clinique products.

Just my opinion. But the Phil. items that I like, I continue to purchase.

Sandgirl1275702354.6437358 PostsRegistered 8/8/2007

If you want to keep it simple - I have combo skin that likes to break out, medium skin tone, light brown hair and I am 38

I LOVE Origin products - although I don't use them all the time they have NEVER done me wrong.

I would say stick with CHECKS AND BALANCE CLEANSER, UNITED STATES TONER, YOUTHTOPIA SERUM, GINZING EYE and the new STARTING OVER MOISTURIZER for combo/oily skin - I love this stuff and you can use it day and night.

I think this would be simple yet effective.

GOOD LUCK!!!

YOu may want to add in Modern Friction to in order to exfoliate once a week, don't over exfoliate combo skin!!

luvtocookn­sing1275702464.42740 PostsRegistered 11/26/2007NH

Thanks for your input!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

39 years old, hazel green eyes, medium skin tone, light brown naturally curly hair.

luvtocookn­sing1275702692.85740 PostsRegistered 11/26/2007NH

Thanks Sandgirl! I actually got a sample of the Modern Friction. Haven't used it yet.

I appreciate your help!

joyfulmommy1275706051.5219 PostsRegistered 4/28/2010

I switch between Origins and BE skincare and both have been great for my skin. I like that both lines are more natural and don't have all the chemicals other lines have. From Origins I like the Clean Energy Cleansing Oil and Checks and Balances cleansers. Both do a great job. Clean Energy takes off ALL of my makeup and leaves my skin feeling soft and clean. Checks and Balances is a great cleanser too. I've used the United State toner and it's good, but I prefer the Mario Badescu Glycolic Toner and have been using that. For moisturizers from Origins I like A Perfect World, Starting Over oil free and Matte Scientist. I think Origins makes some really nice products and they've been good for my skin. I also love their Ginger fragrance line. It smells great. Another product from Origins that I use sometimes is their Peace of Mind product for headaches. It really helps if I catch the headache before it becomes a full blown headache. The peppermint scent and cooling sensation are helpful to stop a headache from becoming a migraine.

I use the BE eye cream, moisturizer and night treatment and my skin likes those as well. BE and Origins have been the 2 best skincare lines for my skin to date.

luvtocookn­sing1280760922.8440 PostsRegistered 11/26/2007NH

Thanks everyone for your suggestions!

I am mixing it up with Philosophy and Origins and some Boots that I have left

over along with the Mia. I do love the Starting Over Mimosa cream from Origins!

Page 1 of 1