Dooney Days
24 Members and 15039 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

O/T--VuPoint Solutions Magic Wand™ Portable Scanner

Started 1274159927.673 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1274224784.423 by Mystical
replies

O/T, but I "know" you ladies better.

TS on Southern Channel today.  Anyone have experience with these things?  Other brands?  How's the price?  OK for someone not so computer saavy?

TIA.  item

Page 1 of 1
kiddo1274160749.13710263 PostsRegistered 12/6/2006

I dunno, but QVC sold a VuPoint solutions photo scanner last December.   It was quite primitive.  I ordered it for Xmas, then returned it as soon as I opened the box.  It was the TSV that day, I think?  In any case, there were no comments on the product's page until mid-January.   It didn't get very good reviews, at all.  I returned it for refund.   If the Southern channel was selling THAT ONE, I'd stay away from it, if I were you. 

However, I just looked at that channel's site to see what the TS actually is today.  Hmmm... could be okay.  But, I'm not sure simply because VuPoint didn't get very good comments at the Q for its more primitive scanner. 

Though that TS VuPoint scanner scans photos only as large as 4 inches.   NOT a good value, at all!  Especially since the TS price is $1 (one dollar) more than the Pandigital at the Q that scans up to 7". 

Although the other channel sells as part of the TS a 2GB digital card, the Pandigital that Q sells includes a 1GB digital card.   You can get digital cards that size for pretty cheap anymore.  Besides, once you've scanned however many pictures .. and they are MANY .. onto a 1GB card... you move them onto your computer.   And delete the contents of that card to use that card again.  

Here's the details for why I recommend that you stay away from the TS at that channel. 

========= 

Instead of the VuPoint scanner at the other channel, get a Pandigital PhotoLink photo scanner.  With those, like the VuPoint TS, you feed a printed photo directly into a slot on the Pandigital Potolink scanner.   That scanner then immediately converts the image of the photo into a digital "file."   Dumps that "digital file" into either your computer, using a USB cable that you've plugged into your computer.   Or into a digital camera card that you put into that scanner.

Those come in various models.   Each model scans a different size range of photo.  

One model scans photos from very small to 4"x6".  For example, this Pandigital model that someone who is opening the box shows you what's in it.

Then Pandigital started selling the Photolink scanner that scanned photos from very small to 5"x7". 

Actually, QVC has sold a few models of Pandigital photo scanners.   One that scanned up to 5"x7".   Another that scanned up to 8"x10".   And another that scanned up to 5"x7" as well as scanning slides.   As a TSV that day. 

Right now, the only one that QVC still sells is the 5x7 model.

E08025  -- PanDigital Portable HighRes 5"x7" PhotoScanner & 1GB SD Card

Another Pandigital Photolink scanner model scans photos from very small to something like 8x10 photos.   QVC sold that one, too, after they started selling the 5x7 model.   However, at this time QVC no longer sells the 8x10 model or the model that scans up to 5x7 as well as slides.

Last edited on 5/17/2010

Last edited on 5/17/2010

Be kind; Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
----
Invite Jesus to POSSESS your heart. (And your mind, your thoughts, your actions, your words, your dreams, your plans.)

item1274161660.68490 PostsRegistered 9/6/2005Florida

WOW, SCRIBO!

Thank you so much for taking the time to post ALL of that info--sincerely!

I'm not knowledgeable about most of these "gizmos" and I knew I could count on someone here to help!

I've never had much luck with any southern channel elctronics, so I'm glad I asked.

item

annabellet­hecat1274162307.514711 PostsRegistered 9/23/2006

I was just on the hsn website to see if I'd bought it.  I thought I remembered buying it.  You have jogged my memory.

I actually own both of the things you mentioned and never even took them out of the box.  They are around here somewhere.

Hummmmm could my daughter be right when she says I have a QVC/HSN warehouse in my house.  I love gadgets but don't take the time to learn how to work them.

kiddo1274163214.8210263 PostsRegistered 12/6/2006
On 5/17/2010 item said:

WOW, SCRIBO!

I'm not knowledgeable about most of these "gizmos" and I knew I could count on someone here to help!

I've never had much luck with any southern channel elctronics, so I'm glad I asked.

item

You're more than welcome, item.   I'd watched the demos of each of those Pandigital scanners several times.   Basically had the info semi-memorized.  And I type really, REALLY fast.. so all I need to do is "think" it and it comes out my fingertips.

The only things I've bought from the "southern channel" are a few Wolfgang Puck electronic things, haven't used any of those yet, though his rice cooker and his super-powerful food processor get rave reviews!   His breadmaker -- not so much.

At that channel I've also bought 9 or 10 necklaces from Jay King.    But not the Jay King necklaces that come with pendants.  Just the "all bead" ones.  Love, love, love them!  He doesn't sell them any more ... at least, not the ones that I bought -- which are -- turquoise (blue), turquoise nugget (blue), turquoise (green), turquoise (brown and green), tiger's eye, jasper, rose quartz, and a few others. 

Last edited on 5/18/2010

Last edited on 5/18/2010

Be kind; Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
----
Invite Jesus to POSSESS your heart. (And your mind, your thoughts, your actions, your words, your dreams, your plans.)

item1274164210.11490 PostsRegistered 9/6/2005Florida
On 5/17/2010 annabellethecat said:

I was just on the hsn website to see if I'd bought it.  I thought I remembered buying it.  You have jogged my memory.

I actually own both of the things you mentioned and never even took them out of the box.  They are around here somewhere.

Hummmmm could my daughter be right when she says I have a QVC/HSN warehouse in my house.  I love gadgets but don't take the time to learn how to work them.

My house gets a little cluttered as well.  My friends come over and want to "shop" in my living room.  LOL!

item1274164281.653490 PostsRegistered 9/6/2005Florida
On 5/18/2010 scribo said:
On 5/17/2010 item said:

WOW, SCRIBO!

item

You're more than welcome, item.   I'd watched the demos of each of those Pandigital scanners several times.   Basically had the info semi-memorized.  And I type really, REALLY fast.. so all I need to do is "think" it and it comes out my fingertips.

The only things I've bought from the "southern channel" are a few Wolfgang Puck electronic things, haven't used any of those yet, though his rice cooker and his super-powerful food processor get rave reviews!   His breadmaker -- not so much.

At that channel I've also bought 9 or 10 necklaces from Jay King.    But not the Jay King necklaces that come with pendants.  Just the "all bead" ones.  Love, love, love them!  He doesn't sell them any more ... at least, not the ones that I bought -- which are -- turquoise (blue), turquoise nugget (blue), turquoise (green), turquoise (brown and green), tiger's eye, jasper, rose quartz, and a few others. 

Last edited on 5/18/2010

Scribo,

I love thier jewelry sales..........some of the stuff is marked WAY down.

Mystical1274224784.4231023 PostsRegistered 4/22/2008

I had a PanDigital and loved it - until it broke the fourth time I used it!

I checked with Amazon on the VuPoint Magic Wand scanner HSN is selling as a TSV today and it got very good reviews.  HSN also has a good deal because it is $89, including the USB cable, microcard, and four softwares.  Amazon is selling it for $99 bare bones without any of that stuff.  So I ordered the VuPoint immediately from HSN.

Over 70 years old, very dry skin, no wrinkles except for deep lines around mouth.

"Women Are Not Men's Property!"

Page 1 of 1