Fall Fashion Clearance
138 Members and 17462 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

What is everyone's thoughts on Meaningful Beauty?

Started 1273838992.557 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1280332746.887 by helping1

Ladies and perhaps gentlemen......Who bought the TSV of MEANINGFUL BEAUTY?  I'd like to compare notes to see what you thought of it. 

Let me hear from you!

Page 1 of 1
zoologist1273839594.0531745 PostsRegistered 1/29/2010

Not me - Cindy has fantastic genes.

straycat19­571273845416.1871564 PostsRegistered 4/30/2008

My thought is the promises are unmeaningful....as I expect the result would be too.  Stating that the miracle ingredient is (to quote Cindy) "a special melon growing on the ground somewhere in France"  gave me a big giggle. HA!  Really!  Growing on THE GROUND!  WOW!!!! But seriously, I think you could find better anti-aging products in the drugstore.  

storymaker21273852709.387263 PostsRegistered 2/13/2008

I purchased the TSV and started using it the day I got it.  I used it six times and in those six times my skin turned red, itched and I broke out with tiny bumps on my chest and on my face.  When I wrote this information for the reviews of the products, they rejected it.  This makes me angry because the product Meaningful Beauty has changed my complexion NOT FOR THE GOOD!.  People need to know this information.  If it happened to one, it might have happened to someone else.  Either I had a severe allergic reaction to the product or a severe sensitivity to it.  Either way, my skin isn't right yet.  My skin feels burnt and the redness has finally left but the burning remains.  I am using vaseline on and around my eyes from using the eye product which caused dryness and redness.  The decollette cream made me break out like hives. I'm still dealing with those very large bumps.  I, of course, sent the product back with some information about what happened on the return slip but there is far more than you can imagine.  I may have to go to a dermatologist to get help because of what this product did to me.  Buyer beware please. I don't want this to happen to others but I know this might disappear in a POOF!

Thanks for listening!

OCGurl1273857060.1237455 PostsRegistered 8/2/2007Palm Desert, CA

i have not tried it, but my thoughts are the "melon" extract is probably a good antioxidant for the morning, but unless there is a work horse for nite, like retinol or retin A, I dont feel this to be a complete antiaging regimin.

I like prevent in the morning with antioxidant and sunscreen and repair at nite with retinol or retin a.

IMHO!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

kattie1273966974.51171 PostsRegistered 9/6/2006

MB gets so many bad reviews, but I rather like it.  I have used Principal Secret for years and felt the need to try something new as I'm nearing 60. I sampled Avon Anew Reversalist and Ultimate--had to toss due to the strong smell.  Also tried Aveeno PA--OK but not that impressed.  Tried Ponds Dry Skin Cream.  I do like it for a night cream.  The MB "try me" actually made a positive change to my skin--very soft, bright and made my pores almost invisible.  I also like the light texture and the fact that it does not have a strong odor.  The day cream contains zinc oxide which I believe is the safest of all the sun screens.  I want to give it a fair shot.

LadyStClai­re1273969043.6536 PostsRegistered 3/27/2010
On 5/14/2010 storymaker2 said:

I purchased the TSV and started using it the day I got it.  I used it six times and in those six times my skin turned red, itched and I broke out with tiny bumps on my chest and on my face.  When I wrote this information for the reviews of the products, they rejected it.  This makes me angry because the product Meaningful Beauty has changed my complexion NOT FOR THE GOOD!.  People need to know this information.  If it happened to one, it might have happened to someone else.  Either I had a severe allergic reaction to the product or a severe sensitivity to it.  Either way, my skin isn't right yet.  My skin feels burnt and the redness has finally left but the burning remains.  I am using vaseline on and around my eyes from using the eye product which caused dryness and redness.  The decollette cream made me break out like hives. I'm still dealing with those very large bumps.  I, of course, sent the product back with some information about what happened on the return slip but there is far more than you can imagine.  I may have to go to a dermatologist to get help because of what this product did to me.  Buyer beware please. I don't want this to happen to others but I know this might disappear in a POOF!

Thanks for listening!

the same thing happened to me when I wrote a review about a product that I purchased, they would not publish it. GO FIGURE!

glmama1273985595.62719519 PostsRegistered 12/8/2006

Hi-I sort of ignored this line for the most part during their shows last year. But then when MB was on a few weeks ago I ordered the Glow Serum. I can't really explain what it does, but it definitely has made my skin look dewier. I use it before moisturizer in the morning. It's only been about a week since I started using it, so I will wait a bit before I can really tell if it's something I'd repurchase. But so far so good.

Over 40. Dark hair. Fair, with mild-moderate Rosacea. Finicky skin. Did I mention--Gorgeous? ;)

sharlee1274120228.05947 PostsRegistered 6/13/2006

Well, I must say that my experience has mirrored Kattie's.  I was a Principal Secret Reclaim user, and I'm finding the Meaningful Beauty line working well for me.  I do trade off using retinol products at night for about one week in the month, but I do love the MB night cream - my skin always looks very dewy the next morning when I use it. 

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde

ibb381274120528.63712011 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

The glowing serum has terrific reviews- the rest seems to be so-so.

BeautyMan1274318104.1548 PostsRegistered 5/19/2010

I originally didn't purchase MB from the Q, I got it off the informercial.  I have been a long time fashion and beauty patron, and let's face it... Cindy is gorgeous.  But I'd love to see how much she paid for it!

The first week of using MB I loved the way it made my skin feel silky smoooth, but I noticed that my skin burned after about a week, sad to find out there are actually harsh chemicals in the product.  Also another sad misleading fact I got from a friend is that the melon extract is not even in the procuct, she has it injected at the office. Hmmm

Can we say philosophy now, or some other all natural brand please?  Also.. I didn't see any improvement with the eye creme.  I am a hardened beauty snob... and was suprised to find out AVON's ANEW Clinical Eye Lift ( 1 step for upper eye, 1 for lower, all in one package) actually works a lot better than a lof of the cosmetic counter prices I've tried, and so much more affordable!  I do however think I will be switching to all natural lines.

kahootz1274319204.13468 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I pretty much am LOVING my argon oil.  However, I recently ordered her face mask and really like it.  I use a face scrub first and then follow with the mask.

helping11280332746.841390 PostsRegistered 7/18/2010

These consumer sites have posts by former customers about MB (and a lot of them refer to the shipping and unauthorized credit card charges):

http://www.ripoffreport.com

http://www.pissedconsumer.com

http://www.complaintsboard.com and can type into search.

Another consumer site: http://www.makeupalley.com and it's free to register.

Over 40. Combo/sensitive skin. Tendency to get eczema.

Page 1 of 1