TSV(R) Preview
15 Members and 13180 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

jAny suggestions for a non-irritating eye cream for day for a contact lens wearer?

Started 1273634491.197 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1273673781.693 by bjm67

I have all but given up on finding a serious anti-aging / non-irritating eye cream for day. {#emotions_dlg.sad}  I would love to hear if anyone out there (preferably a contact lens wearer) had this struggle and then finally found one that was non-irritating. 

For the record, I have tried many, including: nearly all of the Perricone's; Clinique - both All About Eyes original and Rich; 100% Pure Coffee (Caffeine); Shiseido SPF and a few others....any suggestions of ones that have worked for you would be appreciated.  I really like all of the aforementioned but am only able to use them at night.  TIA for sharing your success stories!

Page 1 of 1
Kimberly3271273635234.091677 PostsRegistered 12/12/2008

I can wear Dr P Cold Eye Plasma. I, too, couldn't wear any eye creams/serums without fogginess/irritation. Cold Plasma absorbs very quickly, which I love.

bjm671273635536.483369 PostsRegistered 5/16/2009

Thanks, Kimberly!  I actually have the Cold Plasma for eye and am sure I gave it a whirl for day - maybe there is just no 100% comfortable solution for some folks w/ uber sensitive eyes. 

Any other suggestions out there??

caramella261273635575.3216 PostsRegistered 8/4/2009

I am a contact lenses wearer and anything I used to put around my eyes either stang or made irritated them. I even gave up on eye creams for a while...but I needed protection during the day and that is when a friend recommended "Clarins Sun Controle Eye Contour care SPF 30" ($28 for .7oz) you get way more than most eye creams and it lasts forever. The most importnat thing is that I can get as close as I can to my eyes and it never irritates them. I didn't get any millia from it ( another issue I had with eye creams) , and you can't beat the sun protection factor.

I highly recommend it for any contact lens wearer...I have been using it for almost 2 years now and I love it.

HTH

bjm671273635866.793369 PostsRegistered 5/16/2009
On 5/11/2010 caramella26 said:

I am a contact lenses wearer and anything I used to put around my eyes either stang or made irritated them. I even gave up on eye creams for a while...but I needed protection during the day and that is when a friend recommended "Clarins Sun Controle Eye Contour care SPF 30" ($28 for .7oz) you get way more than most eye creams and it lasts forever. The most importnat thing is that I can get as close as I can to my eyes and it never irritates them. I didn't get any millia from it ( another issue I had with eye creams) , and you can't beat the sun protection factor.

I highly recommend it for any contact lens wearer...I have been using it for almost 2 years now and I love it.

HTH

Thank you, caramella26 - this one from Clarins has been on my radar for a while.  I just didn't have much faith that it would be comfortable, especially since I had tried the Shiseido w/ SPF.  I appreciate knowing that it worked for a fellow contact lens wearer.  I think I will have to give this one a shot!  I love the idea of an SPF for eye - but just thought it would be too much to ask for and still be comfortable. 

NurseRecru­iter1273636001.713869 PostsRegistered 6/9/2005Suburban Chicago

Is the issue that these eye creams irritate your eyes/contacts or they irritate your skin/under eye area?  Do they sting?  Do you get flaky?  Red and itchy?  Since you can wear all these creams at night, I am guessing the issue is your eyes/contacts are getting irritated but I can't quite tell from your post since you are not exclusively asking for advice from contact lens wearers.

Glycolix Elite Eye serum is a a gel type eye product, not a liquidy serum.  Very hydrating.  I have very, very sensitive under eye area (skin) and this is wonderful.  HOWEVER, I do not wear contact lenses and one of the other very, very few eye creams I can wear is the Clinique All About Eyes (regular version - rich irriatates me) but yet you can't.  The other one that I have never had an issue with is Estee Lauder eye cream in their Verite line (for uber sensitive skin).  The Verite line is incredible for sensitive skin yet gets very little press.

ETA:  I do have the Clarins SPF 30 and use it almost daily over my Clinique.  The SPF is all mineral so no irritation - however, not sure about the other ingredients and your issues.

Last edited on 5/11/2010

Last edited on 5/11/2010

Are we friends on Facebook yet? See my profile for FB contact info!

caramella261273636262.51716 PostsRegistered 8/4/2009

You can always buy it from Sephora and try it a couple of times. if it doesn't work, just return it and no questions asked. they never ask me! and if they do, just tell them it irritated your eyes. Sephora has a great return policy.

bjm671273637143.133369 PostsRegistered 5/16/2009

Thanks, NR!  Sorry my original post wasn't more clear - yes, it is purely my eyes / contacts that get irritated and sting, causing my eyes to water and get bloodshot...the surrounding eye area / contour itself is fine. 

My less than scientific theory is that mycontacts exacerbate my already senstive eyes since they manage to retain the irritant(s) and keep it in closer contact w/ my eyes - just a theory.  But I'm able to wear absolutely any and all eye creams (including Clinique) at night with no problems whatsoever - even if I sleep in my contacts.  Great to hear yet another vote for the Clarins w/ SPF!

Caramella26 - thanks for reminding me about Sephora'sgreat return policy...I've never been a big "returner" but I'm also not loving my ever-growing stash of eye creams.  So - I may have to break with tradition if the Clarins doesn't work out.  Thanks again!

Kimberly3271273637344.191677 PostsRegistered 12/12/2008
On 5/11/2010 NurseRecruiter said:

Is the issue that these eye creams irritate your eyes/contacts or they irritate your skin/under eye area?  Do they sting?  Do you get flaky?  Red and itchy?  Since you can wear all these creams at night, I am guessing the issue is your eyes/contacts are getting irritated but I can't quite tell from your post since you are not exclusively asking for advice from contact lens wearers.

Glycolix Elite Eye serum is a a gel type eye product, not a liquidy serum.  Very hydrating.  I have very, very sensitive under eye area (skin) and this is wonderful.  HOWEVER, I do not wear contact lenses and one of the other very, very few eye creams I can wear is the Clinique All About Eyes (regular version - rich irriatates me) but yet you can't.  The other one that I have never had an issue with is Estee Lauder eye cream in their Verite line (for uber sensitive skin).  The Verite line is incredible for sensitive skin yet gets very little press.

ETA:  I do have the Clarins SPF 30 and use it almost daily over my Clinique.  The SPF is all mineral so no irritation - however, not sure about the other ingredients and your issues.

Last edited on 5/11/2010

She did specifically refer to contact lens wearers.

Kimberly3271273637646.191677 PostsRegistered 12/12/2008

I don't sleep in my contacts, so not sure why you have so much irritation in the morning yet not at night. I kept the Dr D cream and gel I got in a TSV (since discontinued, not happy) in the frig, the cold seemed to lessen the apparent irritation. I pop in my contacts and then start my morning routine, I don't handle my contacts once I've touched oily products.

bjm671273638019.34369 PostsRegistered 5/16/2009
On 5/11/2010 Kimberly327 said:

I don't sleep in my contacts, so not sure why you have so much irritation in the morning yet not at night. I kept the Dr D cream and gel I got in a TSV (since discontinued, not happy) in the frig, the cold seemed to lessen the apparent irritation. I pop in my contacts and then start my morning routine, I don't handle my contacts once I've touched oily products.

Yep, it's kinda crazy that I only have issues w/ my eyes / contacts during the day - my thinking is that during the day, my eyes are generally open {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} so, whatever ingredients are irritating my eyes have easier access.  Plus, being "vertical" during the day and perspiring probably both make the situation worse...

NoeyD!!!1273638395.633496 PostsRegistered 3/14/2010NYC - MANHATTAN

I've been wearing contacts since I was 16 yrs old, which makes me wearing them for ha;f of my life.  I'm one of those lazy ones who sleeps with them on (I know, I know) so the area around my eyes constantly get irritated, on top of the cloudiness issue as well.

My 2 all time fave eye creams are PTR's MegaRich Eye Cream and Clinique's RepairWear Eye cream.  I think I like the PTR better now, though...its soooo moisturizing but completely sinks in and is matte!  Between the contacts and regular use of retin-a, my eyes get very dry and this completely alleviates the dryness.....

Had to change my account once again due to ID issues............*sigh*

Kimberly3271273638606.0931677 PostsRegistered 12/12/2008
On 5/11/2010 NoeyD!!! said:

I've been wearing contacts since I was 16 yrs old, which makes me wearing them for ha;f of my life.  I'm one of those lazy ones who sleeps with them on (I know, I know) so the area around my eyes constantly get irritated, on top of the cloudiness issue as well.

My 2 all time fave eye creams are PTR's MegaRich Eye Cream and Clinique's RepairWear Eye cream.  I think I like the PTR better now, though...its soooo moisturizing but completely sinks in and is matte!  Between the contacts and regular use of retin-a, my eyes get very dry and this completely alleviates the dryness.....

Wow! You're 32 and use Retin A on your eyes? Scratch any hope for me....

bjm671273638853.33369 PostsRegistered 5/16/2009

Thanks, NoeyD!  Yep - I am a super long-term soft-contact lense wearer too - practically 30 years!...a very spoiled child who refused to wear glasses until my parents caved on the contacts.  {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}  And I too sleep with them more than I care to admit.  Hmmm - the PTR sounds interesting too...I've never tried anything from his line.  I love the Repairwear FACE cream for night but never ventured into the eye cream...

DesertMel1273649639.46312 PostsRegistered 1/7/2010Arizona

My vote is for Osmotics eye surgery -f puffiness and dryness are your woes. I am an uber sensitive contact lens wearer. I can put this cream on the top lid or the under eye area and it never gives me burning or cloudiness etc.

Neela1273662919.321429 PostsRegistered 8/15/2008Fruit Cove, Florida

Hi bjm67,

As NoeyD has already mentioned, I really like the Clinique Repairwear Eye Cream. I use this both day and night with no irritation to my eyes or to my contact lenses...(which I also sleep in!) {#emotions_dlg.blushing}  I wear it during the day over Lancome Genefique Eye, and at night over my Retin A. Not only is the Clinique Repairwear non-irritating, I have really seen great results from this eyecream! My fine lines are much less visible as it seems to really hydrate and sort of plump that crepey area up, making it appear very smooth...if that makes sense. 

I have tried so many eye creams with no real results...but, the Repairwear/Genefique combination is one that I think I will stay with!

Good luck on your search!

All the best, Neela 

bjm671273673781.69369 PostsRegistered 5/16/2009

Thanks, Neela and DesertMel!   Really appreciate everyone's thoughtful suggestions.  Since I'm already a huge new fan of the Repairwear night for face, I think I'll have to give this version for eye a go too - even if it doesn't pan out for day, it sure sounds like a great one for night!  The PTR and Clarins SPF will be on the my short list too... 

Page 1 of 1