Better Than Black Friday
69 Members and 14909 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Pittsburgh Street Soapworks

Started 1264127872 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1264190037 by stevie72
I am considering ordering from the above company. If you have order from them, what are your favorite products? Thanks!
--
Barb

Barb

Page 1 of 1
beautydiva12641281492162 PostsRegistered 6/20/2006
i love this company's products i have lime smelling stuff i love and i have all the Phil's Graces. get samples you will love them all and they are such a good price

Wildapple1264128302767 PostsRegistered 11/17/2008Down Home
I did order from them just before Christmas. The order arrived in a timely manner and was correct. I got a set they had with bath salts, soap, shower gel and lotion in the scent of Patchouli. It did not smell like Patchouli at all to me. I was very disappointed. This is just my experience. I would not order from them again.

perdue126413301161 PostsRegistered 12/21/2006northern NJ
I too found that the Patchouli was not what I was hoping for but all the rest of my samples were [u]better[/u] than expected. Don't judge by just one scent. There are so many to choose from and most are right on.

derrick22126413332534 PostsRegistered 12/24/2009
I too order the "graces" and and a few others. Love them all.
Nice products and the sample smells are generous.
Denise

pepes mom12641335355311 PostsRegistered 7/21/2005SW PA
barb:
First, feel free to join us on the january 2010 PSS mister sisters thread. We're a group of gals who love PSS products. Misters are what Paulette, the owner, calls her sample sized spray vials.
Second, I highly recommend ordering the misters. You can order them with or without an additional purchase. They are a great way to sample the scents Paulette has available, so you can see what works with your chemistry.
I have the bath set that is about $25 in the vanilla canelle and I love it. The lotion is moisturizing enough for my skin. The bath gel is fragrant and gives me ample lather.
Some of my fav scents are: pink sugar, vanilla canelle, nut, white tea, and the new falling in love version.
Please join us on the january thread. You will get honest replies as to what scents are dead on, what is so-so, what is long lasting, etc.
--
pepe's mom
Is it time for the spring thaw yet?

~ Pepe's Mom ~

I'm cool toned. Yellow foundations make me look jaundiced. That is NOT the look I am going for.

closetQVCg­irl12641338931280 PostsRegistered 3/18/2009
I love all of the products I have gotten. I would highly recommend trying the sample misters before making a full-sized purchase just to be sure you like her version of the fragrance.
The fragrances are not always identical to the "real" ones, but in some cases her dupes are better. For example, I LOVE her Pure Grace version, but the real Philosophy one is just okay. I also got a sample of her Flowerbomb dupe recently and I really like it (although it's very strong). I ordered a "real" Flowerbomb sample size from eBay and I recieved it today -- it isn't so great. It seems like her fragrances have plenty of depth and last very well.
In terms of actual products, I love the Shea lotion and room sprays, which I use in place of perfumes because I like a more subtle effect. I have also used her bar soaps, which are nice but not extra special. The shampoo and conditioner are nice and mild, but I would not recommend the conditioner if you have dry hair -- it's very light.
Customer service is excellent in my opinion, and shipping is fast. I just ordered more stuff this week!

bwilson11161264134245431 PostsRegistered 5/26/2006NC
Thanks! I'll be sure to join you all!!
--
Barb

Barb

susanks112641343951269 PostsRegistered 12/1/2007
The owner is so nice and she ships really quickly. Her duplicate of pink sugar smells just like the real thing.

Bikkie12641379643945 PostsRegistered 10/7/2009
Paulette is a very nice lady and customer service is great - but the Bobbi Brown Beach dupe was not even close. I never repurchased.
--
Jessi :-x
28 | Combo/Oily | BE Foundation Fairly Light
**Somehow got all my posts wiped out when I tried to switch nicknames LOL
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." - Unknown

juncus1264139929837 PostsRegistered 5/4/2005
I love PSS!! Most definitely start with a collection of sample misters! For my first order, I just got a dozen misters -- it was hard to narrow it down to 12! Then for my next order, I got a few different items (roll-on perfume, solid perfume, dusting powder) in different scents, plus another dozen samples. Each mister gives numerous uses, so they are a great way to go to get started. I highly recommend PSS!

SandyAndy1264170433178 PostsRegistered 10/22/2008
I've only ordered the misters because I'm trying to use up my stash of lotions and shower gels before getting any more. I love PSS. Her Angel and Pink Sugar are dead-on. I didn't care for Hypnotic Poison or the Egyptian Musk like I thought I would. But for the price and the quality, it can't be beat.

Caffeina12641843521891 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
> I did order from them just before Christmas. The
> order arrived in a timely manner and was correct. I
> got a set they had with bath salts, soap, shower gel
> and lotion in the scent of Patchouli. It did not
> smell like Patchouli at all to me. I was very
> disappointed. This is just my experience. I would
> not order from them again.
If you love patchouli, IMHO the Woodstock 1969 products from [url http://www.prettybabynaturals.com/soapdish/]www.prettybabynaturals.com/soapdish[/url] are the best. They've got soap, lotion, and powder. I've been using it for over 20 years.

all12641850733157 PostsRegistered 2/2/2008IOWA
I ordered a BB 'Beach' bath set from her about 6 mos. ago and I love it. Very pleased!
--
ALL

ALL

KittyLouWho126418546326542 PostsRegistered 1/11/2006
Paulette has been wonderful to do business with. Ships promptly, orders are packaged well, she communicates well.
I've ordered a number of the misters, most of which I haven't worn though. Just wanted to try them - but I ADORE her version of Amazing Grace (Divine Grace). It does not smell like AG (to me) but I think it smells better than AG (and I love AG!)
I get so many compliments when I wear it (which is always!)
I plan to order her misters of the other Philosophy scents on my next order.
tkitty
--
"My one regret in life is that I am not someone else" - Woody Allen

"You make me feel like I've been locked out of heaven, for too long, for too long"
Bruno Mars

depglass126418619224300 PostsRegistered 11/14/2006
I didn't care for any of the 12 fragrances I ordered. They all seemed to have some base I couldn't deal with. I was so disappointed after reading such praise for this company. Their customer service is tops, so if you don't mind a little experimenting at a small price, you just might like them.

Magenta04081264188820460 PostsRegistered 2/14/2009
i love the blackberry musk.
and i've ordered the following:
Honeybee Sweet (LUSH HIWTK type)
Child (type)
Lait Sucre (CSP type)
Rice Flower & Shea (B&BW type)
Provence (Clean type)
Snowflake (LUSH Snowcake type)

French Vanilla
Vanille Banane (this one i like)
Vanilla Orchid
Un Bois Vanille
Vanille Cannelle
Orange Blossom

These i just ordered and can't wait to get them.
Candy Cane
Dreamsicle
Juicy Couture (type)
Juniper Breeze
Lime Margarita!
Orange Blossom
Tangerine Dream
White Tea
Yuzu
Pink Grapefruit
Provence (Clean PerfumesType)
Alien (Thierry Mugler type)

stevie7212641900372255 PostsRegistered 1/2/2009Western NY
I started ordering from Paulette last summer -- First I ordered the Misters and was very pleased with them. I then ordered the following:
True Bliss (PG) Shower Gel, Lotion Bar and Roll on
Divine Bliss (AG) Lotion - like it better than AG
Soulful Bliss (IG) Lotion - scent is right on and one of my favorites.
Will not hesitate to order more!
--
Janet from WNY
--
I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read and all the friends I want to see -- John Burroughs

Janet from WNY

Page 1 of 1