Better Than Black Friday
122 Members and 17168 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Pureology vs. Loreal Everpure

Started 1272718894.973 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1272868825.307 by dgluvr

Anyone tried both of these sulfate-free poos and conditioners?  I had a sample of Pureology and loved it, but would love to go the cheaper route if I could.  Thanks!

Page 1 of 1
bljed1272719293.5537203 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

I had used the L'Oreal product when it first came out.  It was good for a while but then over the longer haul I felt it was drying my hair out and just wasn't as healthy.  My hair is color processed.  I would not repurchase.  As for the Pureology I have not tried it.  If you want to go the cheaper route you can always just try the L'Oreal and see if it works for you.

JaneR1272720155.68455 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I also tired the Everpure and ended up having the same problem as Bljed...made my hair feel and look dried out after only about one week so I stopped using it.  And I used the formulation for those who color their hair too.  (My scalp is on the oily side while my hair seems a bit more on the dry side...drives me crazy).  I tried the Pureology a couple of years back for color treated hair and it didn't dry my hair out at all.  It does cost quite a bit more, but it seems to be a much better quality product.  Good luck with whatever you choose.

lovesrecess1272720925.67714065 PostsRegistered 7/14/2008Texas

I tried the Everpure shampoo and conditioner; I didn't like the conditioner as it made my hair heavy and it felt greasy but the shampoo was okay; although it did seem drying.  I didn't see any real difference in my hair from the lack of sulfates. I won't buy it again. I prefer L'Oreal Vive Pro and have been using it for years.

The Everpure doesn't seem worth the different in price for me.

Last edited on 5/1/2010

Last edited on 5/1/2010

shoptillId­rop1272720981.859405 PostsRegistered 10/25/2006Michigan

I'm currently using the Everpure and really like it.  I switch back and forth between the volume, moisture and straight versions.  I used to use Pureology and absolutely loved it but it was just too expensive...that's why I switched to Everpure.  I don't think the Everpure is quite what the Pureology is, but it's sure a great replacement if you're looking to save money.

I tried being patient but it took too long.

naturalfan1272722592.614299 PostsRegistered 1/27/2009

I tried the Everpure Smoothing Shampoo & Conditioner and thought it did a great job as far as taking care of the frizzies.  My hair did seem to dry out and fade after a few uses.  I usually switch shampoos quite a lot but I think I have to attribute the dryness and fading to the Everpure.

Pureology is very good but it is expensive.  I use it occasionally but I really do switch shampoos all the time.

Shopping G­aGa1272730760.093341 PostsRegistered 2/10/2010

Hi txteacher.

I have tried both products on my color treated hair and for some reason Pureology dried my hair out the most. Hate it.

The Loreal stuff made my hair frizzy and totally unmanageable then it dried it out. UGH.

Also, the Loreal totally dried out DD hair.

I use any shampoo and use Wen as the conditioner and that works for me.

Good Luck.

cassiem1272744086.816849 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I love Pureology, but it is very expensive.  The Everpure shampoo is okay, I don't love it, but I don't hate it.  It's not as good as Pureology.  I hate the Everpure conditioners (I've tried the moisture and the volume for color treated hair) and both were difficult to rinse out and left a residue in my hair.

Sally's has a knockoff version of Pureology called Coloresse that I haven't tried yet, but will purchase next time I go.  It's $7.99 for 12 ounces ($7.49 with a Sally's card).  There are reviews at the Sally website.

http://www.sallybeauty.com/Moisture-Shampoo/SBS-197200,default,pd.html

http://www.sallybeauty.com/Volume-Shampoo/SBS-197100,default,pd.html

Last edited on 5/1/2010

Last edited on 5/1/2010

PhillyZepH­eather1272744359.053534 PostsRegistered 8/26/2006Philadelphia, PA

It may not necessarily be your shampoo. Could be the conditioner, depending on what type of hair you have. Try to look for a conditioner without any 'cones'. They tend to weigh down your hair. I love Suave Naturals in Coconut & Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition. I use Ever Pure Shampoo and another sulfate free shampoo called Pure Curl by Abba.

"The sun is up, the sky is blue. It's beautiful and so are you."

Please check out my brand new beauty/makeup blog:
http://heatherliciousallthingsmakeup.blogspot.com/

txteacher1272764658.437272 PostsRegistered 4/5/2009

Thanks so much girls.  Sounds like for the most part people like the Pureology the best.  I was sort of expecting that.  It has been two days since I washed my hair with it, and it still feels soft and clean.  Mine is usually a grease pit after a day.  I'll have to cough up the money and buy some.  Have a great night.

royal flush1272863856.95663 PostsRegistered 5/4/2008

I've used Pureology on my highlighted hair for over two years and my color never fades. My hair is soft and shiney. I alternate the volume type and the nano type. I just tried Moroccan oil and like it but not as well as Pureology. I have fine hair so also use Bumble and Bumble styling creme.

dgluvr1272868825.3035266 PostsRegistered 5/12/2008

I used the Everpure for color-treated hair and got the worst case of dandruff ever! Then I had to us a dandruff shampoo to get rid of it and that took my color too! Now I just use the Pantene.It only helps a little and I try to really go a long time in between coloring.

Page 1 of 1