Guaranteed Delivery
102 Members and 16641 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Jojoba Oil Vs Argan Oil

Started 1271938100.223 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1285277801.68 by beautydiva
replies

Does anyone know the difference between these two.  I have heard many posted here that have used Jojoba oil mixed with their moisturizer, but my hairdresser says she uses Argan Oil in her hair and on her face.  I know that Adrian from the other channel sells Argan Oil products that are for the skin.  I was just wondering what the difference is, and which is better?

Page 1 of 1
bljed1271939641.637207 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

I cannot tell you which one is better but I have used both.   I much prefer Jojoba oil.  I found the Argan oil to be more of a dry oil.  It did not hyrdate my skin nearly as well as the jojoba does.  The jojoba was also less expensive so that was another benefit.  I tried using organic pure argan oil in my hair but did not note much benefit.  I do however love the Moroccan oil but it has other ingredients in it that may be helpful.

PBJ1285262668.126822 PostsRegistered 7/10/2007

I was at Sephora today and I tried the Josie Maran Argan Oil. It seemed heavy on my hand but it absorbed pretty well after a while-more of the consistency of my grapeseed oil. Not bad but thicker. My first impression is that I prefer my Jojoba for consistency and absorption but I've only tried the Argan oil once. I will probably try the Argan at some point but right now I'll stick with my Jojoba.

Last edited on 9/23/2010

Last edited on 9/23/2010

Poor but Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karena1285263711.5475611 PostsRegistered 6/30/2008Bay Area, California

Adrian sells products that contain primarily other cheap oils, fillers, and just a smidgen of argan oil. Check out the ingredient deck on her products to find out what's really in there. If you want argan oil, I suggest you get 100% pure argan, not products that may have lots of other chemicals, silicones and fillers, and a tiny bit of argan oil.

Also, there are hair products called "MoroccanOil" TM, which many confuse with argan oil. MoroccanOil TM is a silicone-based product for the hair, with a very small amount or argan oil in it.

If you want to try argan oil, you can get 100% pure oil at Camden Grey, Androcco.com, Zamouri Spices (dont' get culinary grade, as they sell that too), Posh Peddler, etc. Josie Maran will charge you 2-3 times the price, just for her name on the bottle.

If you do a search on the boards for argan oil, you can find tons of info and sources for purchasing. The same goes for jojoba. HTH

NurseRecru­iter1285263954.65313869 PostsRegistered 6/9/2005Suburban Chicago

I used jojoba for years and really enjoyed it but then moved on to squalane and now argan. I know that all three have no scent but to me, jojoba always had an oil scent and it would just annoy me. Wasn't strong at all, just a personal thing.

Jojoba is the best at cleaning out pores. Argan is the best anti-aging of the three. Squalane is the lightest of the three in terms of feel and absorption. Argain is also known to be balancing for oily skin. If you suffer at all from facial inflamation, squalane is the best as is is closest to skin's own sebum (so are argan and jojoba but squalane is the very closest). I find squalane to be the least moisturizing. It was moisturizing but compared to jojoba and argan, in my opinion, it was the least moisturizing.

I'm not sure this helped any.

However, for hair, argan is absolutely the best! Great shine! The others can be used on the hair as a leave in conditioning type thing but argan by far gives the best shine and smoothness.

The argan oil products Adrienne sells is mostly other ingredients and very little actual argan oil.

Are we friends on Facebook yet? See my profile for FB contact info!

mayjak1285264785.82261 PostsRegistered 1/13/2009

I'm always experimenting, and right now (it may change by tomorrow), I'm mixing jojoba and argan oil together to use as my moisturizer. I love both and that combination seems to be helping a little more with my extremely dry cheeks.

Karena1285270431.485611 PostsRegistered 6/30/2008Bay Area, California
On 9/23/2010 NurseRecruiter said:

I used jojoba for years and really enjoyed it but then moved on to squalane and now argan. I know that all three have no scent but to me, jojoba always had an oil scent and it would just annoy me. Wasn't strong at all, just a personal thing.

Jojoba is the best at cleaning out pores. Argan is the best anti-aging of the three. Squalane is the lightest of the three in terms of feel and absorption. Argain is also known to be balancing for oily skin. If you suffer at all from facial inflamation, squalane is the best as is is closest to skin's own sebum (so are argan and jojoba but squalane is the very closest). I find squalane to be the least moisturizing. It was moisturizing but compared to jojoba and argan, in my opinion, it was the least moisturizing.

I'm not sure this helped any.

However, for hair, argan is absolutely the best! Great shine! The others can be used on the hair as a leave in conditioning type thing but argan by far gives the best shine and smoothness.

The argan oil products Adrienne sells is mostly other ingredients and very little actual argan oil.

Great discussion on these three, NR!!

Last edited on 9/23/2010

Last edited on 9/23/2010

beautydiva1285277801.672162 PostsRegistered 6/20/2006

i use argan oil and love it but i know by going to school that Jojoba oil is the closest oil to your own natural skin oils but it also is thicker feeling than Argan oil

Page 1 of 1