New Holiday Decor
139 Members and 17819 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

How do you get rid of broken capilaries on face?

Started 1263598841 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1263661628 by CaroleK71
replies
Anyone have experience with this? I'd like details please.
Prices, discomfort, what to expect, how soon they disappear, etc.
TIA!

Page 1 of 1
Palmas1263599433475 PostsRegistered 1/26/2008West Michigan
I had some laser treatments for broken caps around my nose/chin area. They used a lotion type solution on my face, and then zapped the areas with a small light laser. There was realy no pain; my face was quite red for about two days and could use no other creams or make-up in that time. They were virtually invisable after that; however they did come back (around 4-6 months) so I opted to have the procedure done a second time. They do keep coming back. I had it done by a plastic surgeon; the cost was around $400 at the time (that was about five years ago).

Keli1312636004807516 PostsRegistered 1/24/2006
I had my capillaries lasered about 5 to 7 years ago. The caps I had lasered never came back but I do have a few new ones. Only a few though. The new ones are no where near as noticeable as the ones they lasered away. I now can go without makeup and not be self conscious
5 years ago I had a lot of broken capillaries. Mainly from lots of tanning bed use. I had 4 laser treatments. Each treatment was a month apart. The cost was $800.00 total for all for treatments.
My treatments did hurt. The ones near my nose hurt a lot. It felt like someone was snapping a big rubberband on my face each time the laser pulsed. There were alot of laser pulses. My face did bruise. I noticed that where my face bruised, I ended up with better results. I then asked my derm to keep the laser on the higher level since it gave me better results. I didn't care if I bruised. I really wanted my broken caps gone.
The bruises went away within a week and my face was relatively clear by the 4th treatment. I was so happy. I have never set foot in a tanning bed since getting rid of my boken caps.
I'm sure they have newer lasers now so I doubt you'll have to worry about bruising.
I would do it again if I had to. If you have alot of broken caps, getting rid of them really makes a diference in the appearance and color of your face.

kittensmit­ten1263618924192 PostsRegistered 8/1/2007
Should I have them removed whenever I want or do I have to wait til I'm done with my Obagi treatment? Retin-a treatment?
What did you guys do?
I'll call a dermatologist next week. I'm not crazy about that they come back...
Thanks for the details!

Keli1312636522227516 PostsRegistered 1/24/2006
I would ask your derm but I'd think you would need to stop at least the Retin-A temporarily. Maybe just for a week before your laser treatments. I had my broken cappilarries treated right before I started using Retin-A and Renova full time so it wasn't an issue for me.
Just ask when you call your derm.

Blondelle12636609014264 PostsRegistered 8/4/2007
I wonder how the laser treatments compare to those that use light like the Photo Facial.

GoodStuff126366104915137 PostsRegistered 11/11/2008
Sometimes broken capillaries are associated with rosacea, a skin condition which can be treated with prescription medication prescribed by a dermatologist. Some patients report a lot of improvement with the meds.

CaroleK71126366162810 PostsRegistered 3/19/2007Michigan
I had one recently and used BE blemish therapy and it went away. Worth a try. Other than that my dermatologist lasered the ones before. Never came back. Too much sun.

Page 1 of 1