Shoes & Handbags Offers
91 Members and 11386 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Husband using Rx Westcort Cream 0.2%, Dr. mentioned many other options - what do you use?

Started 1270273367.91 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1270305916.32 by NurseRecruiter
replies

My husband's psoriasis is out of control and he finally went back to the derm after many years of not going. He has huge patches on his legs and lower arms and now staring on his back and upper arms, small patches but starting. The doctor was optimistic as he said there were many topical treatments, even Tazorac!  Who knew?  He started him on Westcort Cream, mentioned there was a gel version that was a bit stronger but plenty of others to choose from, some topical steroids and some others (can't remember the names).  He also mentioned oral meds but preferred to use creams/ointments first.

Just curious if you or someone you know has used topical Rx creams for sever psoriasis, what worked and what didn't work.  I know everyone is different but I'd just like to know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Are we friends on Facebook yet? See my profile for FB contact info!

Page 1 of 1
CA annie1270273810.4133769 PostsRegistered 1/25/2007Sunny CA

Hi Nurse. I have attached a lecture for you.  The part you will really be interested in is about 3/4's of the way through the program.  The doctor is talking about vitamin D is a base of Vaseline that was very, very helpful for psoriasis.  HTH.  The rest of the lecture is very very good and I hope you can catch it all. 

http://www.ucsd.tv/search-details.aspx?showID=15773

Annie

NurseRecru­iter1270274360.35713869 PostsRegistered 6/9/2005Suburban Chicago
On 4/2/2010 CA annie said:

Hi Nurse. I have attached a lecture for you.  The part you will really be interested in is about 3/4's of the way through the program.  The doctor is talking about vitamin D is a base of Vaseline that was very, very helpful for psoriasis.  HTH.  The rest of the lecture is very very good and I hope you can catch it all. 

http://www.ucsd.tv/search-details.aspx?showID=15773

Annie

I will listen to it tomorrow.  The doctor has him taking 6000 units of Vitamin D3, but orally. Fascinating. My husband thought he remembered the doctor saying something about it topically, too, but I did not think he said that.  I guess my husband was right!

Thanks!

Waterlilys1270277938.21175 PostsRegistered 11/22/2009

I have the same thing and got to where i didnt want to use the steroids as often as i should so i got ...the Earth To Skin cracked heal renewal from the other channel and have been useing on my legs and believe it or not its going away.I use it 2x a day and i LOVE it.I think its the antifungal thats in it thats  clearing it up...I say run to hsn and get it,it doesnt hurt to try.My legs are almost cleared up and its been 1 month.

Last edited on 4/3/2010

Last edited on 4/3/2010

NurseRecru­iter1270305916.31713869 PostsRegistered 6/9/2005Suburban Chicago

Rose54 - just ordered it - Thanks!   My husband wants to stick with the Rx as it is new (he thought I was nuts when I told him about your post) but I ordered the Cracked Heel to have on hand in case he changes his mind. Love the advice I get here!

Page 1 of 1