Labor Day Weekend Clearance
154 Members and 11651 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Any recommendations on products from Sally's Beauty Supply?

Started 1262844002 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1262965614 by mlw42
Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone has any good recommendations for make-up, hair, or skin products from Sally's Beauty Supply? I just found out recently they sold make-up, has anyone tried it? If so, what would you recommend? Thank you in advance for your response.

Page 1 of 2
katz112628448553897 PostsRegistered 12/30/2009
Hair One/it is like WEN shampoo. I really like it a lot. Have never tried their mu.

KFS1262845705648 PostsRegistered 3/4/2008
I found a facial scrub there that I love. The brand is called GiGi Organics Natural Skincare System. The scrub is called Gentle Face Polish. It has walnut shell, olive oil and papaya enzyme in it. Works great and is not harsh on the skin. They also have a cleanser and moisturizer with this line which I have not purchased yet, but plan on trying them also. It made my skin very soft and more vibrant looking. It comes in a 4oz. tube and I think it was $7.00. Give it try

nunu4u12628529538661 PostsRegistered 9/22/2006
Feria hair conditioner...it gives my fine hair heft and styles easily
--
Summer 2009 Collagen Cruising! Get Aboard! Weeeooooo, baby!

siamesegirl12628546221304 PostsRegistered 4/24/2009
Just a "little" thing, but for me it was hugh! My nails, from years of wearing colors, I guess, had a noticable yellowish tint that drove me crazy. Ilike the natural look without polish or just clear or very light. Well, after spending I don't know how much for so many years, I finally found a polish at Sally's that makes your nails white and very healthy and natural. I don't mean white like snow, I just mean not that yellow cast I used to have. I am so very thrilled.
Sorry ladies, I can't find it right now, it could be in my makeup basket for nails in the bathroom, I looked and couldn't find it.
Or in the other rooms where I last used it, but please ask for it if you're interested, it's new b/c I always look for it. It's made such a diff in my life when all I want is pure white natural nails.
Color on nails after years of it just discolors them....!
--
CATSRULE

CATSRULE

siamesegirl12628550541304 PostsRegistered 4/24/2009
Thanks! NUNU4U!!
I've always wondered about it too. I didn't want to try it without someone's review since they're not cheap and I didn't want yet another disaster!! lol!!
--
CATSRULE

CATSRULE

siamesegirl12628553641304 PostsRegistered 4/24/2009
kfs,
I found something really luxurious......AVEENO scrub. As soon as you start the scrubbing, gently, it gets hot and doesn't last a long time, but feels so good on your face. The first time it was a little shock!
Wasn't expensive, but so wonderful and "spa-like". Kfs, yours sounds great too.Maybe we can try both! We girls sure use a lot of this anyway.....lol!! Aggie
--
CATSRULE

CATSRULE

BacktoBrun­ette12628585394256 PostsRegistered 12/22/2008PA, but a NJ native
Just a few tips re: this awesome retailer:
- B & M stores are good, and have at least one very knowledgeable person (usually the manager)
- Website is great, and contains lots of helpful reviews
- If you join their savings plan, it's just $5 a year to get the lowest price on everything, plus more specials, etc. as well
Have fun shopping:)
--
My beloved SO is a senior, heh-heh..................................................feline.

~ The only thing that every person deeply wants is to be validated; to know that they matter. ~

marygray126286153647973 PostsRegistered 5/8/2005
Siamesegirl,
It is my understanding that the nails yellow not from polishes but from the ingredients in polish remover. I forget what ingredient it is, may be the acetone. Maybe not.
What color is most nail polish removers ? Light yellow
unless they color it pink or something. Maybe its the formaldehyde.
Anyway, I could be wrong, but think this is the problem.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. "

rebel12628707635448 PostsRegistered 4/27/2007
i got some clips, sort of like duck bill clips but better. they are plastic and grip really good. pack of 4 or 5 is about 2.69
someone mentioned a nail polish called something like artificial nails or something like that last week tht i want to check out.

45, Fair, dry, sensitive skin, DSPW, yellow and neutral undertones, Cannot use "cones" high in ingred. deck, natural blonde wavy hair, blue eyes

SweetNothi­ns1262872176899 PostsRegistered 11/13/2006
Yes, that nail polish is great. OPI supposedly makes it.
Also, OUT THE DOOR! It's a clear top coat type product you put on while nails are still wet and it dries the polish almost IMMEDIATELY!
However, I don't use it alot in case it would make my nails brittle, etc.

jesuschick12628767401545 PostsRegistered 3/20/2008Kansas City, MO
YES! I was suggested a product called MIRACLE 7 for my hair before blow drying and flat ironing. It is a FABULOUS spray on leave in conditioner! I gifted it to MANY at Christmas who have all commented that it is the best end protecting leave in they have tried!!
You might also want to check their site for their ad and also coupons!

ella12628770571710 PostsRegistered 5/26/2006
Tthe house brand nail polish is pretty good, especially for the price. Sally also sells Seche basecoat and topcoat, both of which are excellent imo.
--
"You don't have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces - just good food from fresh ingredients." -- Julia

"You don't have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces, just good food from fresh ingredients." -- Julia

banna126287929522 PostsRegistered 5/8/2007tennessee
I have been using New Image instant freeze hairspray for years. Still a fan of big hair, and lots of hold. I usually order 4 cans at a time, and it is cheaper than 1 can of Nick C amazon hairspray.

hashi1262879525327 PostsRegistered 5/9/2008
I really like the Sally Girl Matte Eye Shadow & Lip Gloss. Pucker Ups lip balm is pretty good too. It's on sale this week 2/$1.00

Tgbtg1262880223485 PostsRegistered 6/2/2009
Best blow dryer I've ever had: Ion Conditioning Ionic-Ceramic Tourmaline Dryer. Because of gray hair, I color my hair every month. So that process, in addition to regular flat ironing, makes my hair very fragile, dry, frizzy...you name it. Since using this blow dryer, my hair is much softer and has less frizz. I never thought a blow dryer could make such a difference. The reviews are awesome!

melissa126288557220 PostsRegistered 2/11/2007Lubbock
The guy that does my hair gave me his "secret" for creating
that 'pieceie' (I could not find how to spell that word-hopefully you
understand what I mean) , or separated look of your hair. I have
absolutely no talent when it comes to fixing my hair and I love that
separated look, but have never been able to do it.
His secret is in a large RED spray can, made by Revlon, called
'FINISHEEN' which you can only find at Sally's Beauty Supply; and
if you can believe it, it only costs $4.99!
A tip I learned the hard way was--IT ONLY TAKES A SMALL AMOUNT, OR JUST A QUICK, ONCE OVER SPRAY, as soon as
you finish styling, or blow drying your hair. Be sure to hold the can about 12 inches away from your hair. After spraying the Finisheen,
I quickly run my hands through my hair, until it is all 'messed' up, then I start to put my hair back into place with my fingers or with
the lifter end of a comb, and walaa, you have that "pieceie" look.
Don't forget--JUST USE A SMALL AMOUNT. If you use too much,
your hair will look like you have sprayed it with a can of grease.
With me, it took several times to get the hang of it.
It is like having my hairdresser there with me each morning. I hope
you all like it as much as I do.
Thanks for reading my rambling thoughts,
Melissa

Melissa B

sheista12628856732515 PostsRegistered 1/21/2006
I like the Miracle 7 and LOVE the out the door speed dry. I have even started taking it to my mani/pedi appts. Beats anything she's got!

PBJ12628862246821 PostsRegistered 7/10/2007
Someone posted a few weeks ago about Sally Girl Baked Eyeshadow. I tried it and I like it! Intense color when applied with a wet applicator.

Poor but Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jessesmom126288629943 PostsRegistered 10/29/2005
I regularly purchase Miss Clairol hair color and a large bottle of developer. I love the green jar of product called "Demented for Freaky Hair." Some of these products make your hair greasy, this doesn't. I have paid big bucks for products not as good. This is $5.99. Also their own brand of gel. It is in a red tube. It doesn't flake or dry out your hair. Good recommendations on these posts.

lulu2126288636020974 PostsRegistered 8/1/2007
Until recently I was coloring my hair using Ion permanent dye and developer. It was so easy to mix colors to get the desired color and the amount you needed. It was very inexpensive. Sadly I had to bite the bullet and my wallet and am now getting my hair colored professionally. My hair had gotten progressively darker and needed to lighten it up.

acnuk1262886955197 PostsRegistered 1/23/2007Md
I use the Ion hair color regularly and like it just fine. It is so cheap compared to getting it done proffesionally. With more grey coming in all the time, I couldn't justify having it colored, then highlighted. It was getting way too expensive. Now when my grey fades a bit, it looks like highlights! I usually get my daughter to do my roots or my husband if she isn't available.

Shelbelle126290324434273 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
Correctionist Skin Care, very good quality, and reasonably priced at Sally's.

mlw421262903598818 PostsRegistered 1/12/2009
Ladies, thanks so much for all the great tips/products you've mentioned. I love trying new things.

JENLOVESTO­SHOP1262909038933 PostsRegistered 6/2/2006
Another vote for Miracle 7 leave-in! Hint: Spray this into your hands first and rub together, then apply to your hair. This leave-in is a lotion texture, not a thin spray as one would think due to the spray nozzle.
Another rave is for the Lóreal Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture Nurturing Creme for hair....read all the reviews on the sally site. This is an awesome hair conditioner.
I use and love the Ion Demi Permanent hair color. It's the only demi that completely covers my greys (about 30%) and leaves my hair so shiny. Since it's a demi (deposit only) select 2 shades lighter than you think you need. Read the reviews on the Sally site and also on the Product Reviews section on Makeup Alley.
I love Sally's!!

ChristianG­irl1262925542290 PostsRegistered 3/12/2007
Thank you for your responses. I will have to check all this stuff out. I appreciate it and I think so does alot of people on here. God bless you all and Happy New Year.

Page 1 of 2