TSV(R) Preview
132 Members and 13367 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Help: Sally's 'instant artificials'

Started 1269298234.98 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1269658688.65 by RedConvertibleGirl

Saw a reference/tip on this product. What is it? polish or ??? tia!

Page 1 of 1
Classylady1269300104.392212 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

This is an instant nail hardener.. Mine is clear...

BUT let me tell my nails are in the worst shape ever since using this.  They were short and splitting before I started using it.  After a week with this on, they are all broken off down to the skin.  Horrible stuff....  In my opinion....

I'm on a search for something to help but for me, this wasn't it.

Good luck.

knittykitty1269301217.331028 PostsRegistered 4/13/2007Gig Harbor, WA

Classy,

Thanks for the info and warning!!!!!!!! Will pass.

Faith-Anne1269301554.8671206 PostsRegistered 2/25/2005Jersey Shore

I went to Sally Beauty to buy this and the sale associate told me it was terrible stuff..She suggested that I buy something called Magic Nail..It's pinkish and looks like the old Tinkerbell polish we had in the 80's...lololol

it gives just a hint of pink to the naul.  I have been ising it for over a two weeks now as my pefect formula ran out and I was just not impressed enough to spend another 40 bucks on a bottle..

The Nail Magic is working fine.  It is keeping my nails from breaking an splitting..Hopefully, they will start to grow longer now that my artificial damage is gone..

Faith-Anne - 49 - dry menopausal skin - cool/fair - blue/green eyes, highlighted blond hair..

Rosebee1269629492.0157 PostsRegistered 3/26/2010New York

After years and years (more than 15 yrs.) of doing my own mani/pedi I have finally found the best base coat and top.  I got it as a combo pac in cvs. It is called Nutra Nail Bullet-proof Strength, and Nutra Nail High Gloss Top coat.  The bullet proof strength can be used a s a base/top but I have not tried it that way.  It is formulated w/ Kevlar fibers... the same material bullet-proof vests are made of.  I can actually go almost a full week w/ no touch ups!  Before that I was pretty loyal to a base/top called  Mystic Nails.  Mystic Nails is in a clear bottle with a magicians top hat and magic wand on it, usually found at Walgreens.

anitagayle1269635742.3231274 PostsRegistered 5/20/2009

Maybe Kevlar is what Mally has in her products to make them "bulletproof"!  Sorry, I couldn't resist{#emotions_dlg.devil2}!

formerly agbern

monet1269640058.5235176 PostsRegistered 6/8/2007

Sally's has a product by Salon Science Instant Artificials. Cost, I think $8.00. It has a pink tint. The same brand has nail wraps, same price and is white. I like them both. I put nail color on once this drys.

My nails are thin and chp and break easily. This product works for me. It does no damage to the nails.

rebel1269648845.95410 PostsRegistered 4/27/2007

i have this and i thought i liked it but i just peels off after about three coats.

i will try to apply a thinner application next time.  i have tried the majic nails and it also peeled off after several coats.  t

these are polishes you are supposed to apply everyday i think and then remove after seven days.  not positive on this but either way, they just peel off for me.

sallys has one called lcd that is a good base and top coat and nail hardener.  it is shiny clear.

i am still looking for something that really does strengthen my weak, thin nails.

45, Fair, dry, sensitive skin, DSPW, yellow and neutral undertones, Cannot use "cones" high in ingred. deck, natural blonde wavy hair, blue eyes

Candice31501269651418.727778 PostsRegistered 6/8/2009
On 3/26/2010 monet said:

Sally's has a product by Salon Science Instant Artificials. Cost, I think $8.00. It has a pink tint. The same brand has nail wraps, same price and is white. I like them both. I put nail color on once this drys.

My nails are thin and chp and break easily. This product works for me. It does no damage to the nails.

I'm pretty sure this is the same product the OP is talking about.  Let me join the majority to say, save your money.  This product is worthless and looks NOTHING like an artficial nail.  And whoever said it peels/chips off easily is correct. I really wish I could get my $$ back. 

I bought Sally Hansen's Instant White and I love it for just a natural nail look.  It's about $5 and made my nails look really healthy and the tips slightly whiter. 

Alabama Crimson Tide -- 2009 NCAA National Champions!! Roll Tide!!!!!

nikkimom1269656883.3132801 PostsRegistered 5/18/2007So Cal

I got Instant Artificials and have had GREAT luck w/ it- only 2 coats tho- stays on for 5 days - three coats on me peels off.

I tried the Perfect Coat from the Q and liked that also- it is thicker but the color of it outside is kind off weird(Instant just looks very  lite pink ) and so much $$ and the bottle get so thick and unusable before all is used up on the 2 bottles I purchased.

Also tried the Duri Rejuvacote many rave about - that was awful for me- just peeld off and made my nails peel.

Funny how different products work for some and not others .

But if you are looking for something give the Instant and the Duri a try- not that $$ and you may find one of them  working for you!!

> Life is short so...kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly, and forgive quickly!

RedConvert­ibleGirl1269658688.6513033 PostsRegistered 9/3/2005Pacific NW

I thought this product got nothing but rave reviews here on the boards.  That's why I went out and bought it and was just getting ready to try it tonight.  NOW I see negatives?  :-(

When we shoulder the mantle of compassion no cry goes unheard and no wound goes unhealed. In this world of seemingly endless suffering we have to believe that no one is beyond hope of rescue. Scotlund Haisley, Animal Rescue Corps

Page 1 of 1