Fall Fashion Clearance
128 Members and 17237 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Dmitri James.... OMG!!!

Started 1269026113.38 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1269372506.887 by ellietoo

I was just flipping through the channel and found Dmitri James (formerly of HSN Skinn Products) on the NBC Shopping Channel.  Is anyone else watching?  He doesn't look anything like he did a few months ago.  I'm not even sure it is him.. but the voice is the same.  I wonder what he did!!!

Page 1 of 2
AfghanQueen1269026606.882269 PostsRegistered 9/21/2006Kentucky

Dimitri has been on ShopNBC for over a year I think, and before that I bought his products about 4 years from ShopatHomeTV.com before they went off the air.  I never saw him on HSN, but I think it was a different product line he represented then.  It is definitely him, but he really hasn't changed in the years I've been watching except to lose a little weight recently and maybe his hair is darker.  All my anti-aging skin care, cleansers, mineral foundation (and many other products) is from Skinn.

Katharita1269026637.3576650 PostsRegistered 11/19/2008Hooterville, Texas

His hair is darker and fluffed up on top and he's wearing bronzer.

Otherwise he looks the same to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrowmindedness."- Mark Twain ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Adelm1269026712.427533 PostsRegistered 4/3/2009

I think he looks like he's lost weight.  His face has slimmed down.  He's also botoxed and filled to the max.  

ok4ablonde21269026767.158837 PostsRegistered 3/9/2009Midwest

He sold Parthena when he was on HSN.  I didn't care for him then.  Like him now

"We're all mad here." - The Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland

Margo Chan­ning1269026880.6213289 PostsRegistered 11/29/2007

He looks absolutely weird--his eyes looks like they were lifted--and became smaller, like Kennry Rogers' did a couple of years ago.

It's not the typing, it's arthritis.
NO-ONE puts Leisle in the corner

CynthiaM1269027426.85769 PostsRegistered 2/10/2007

Thanks Edin.... I knew there was something different about him.  His eyes look real skinny - and you're right - like Kenny Rodgers.  I wonder why he did anything to his face.  He looked pretty young the last time I saw him and he definitely didn't look like he needed any work.  Like Adelm says.... he looks filled or botoxed or both.  I have to say that those fillers everyone seems to be pushing now aren't all that attractive.  Most people I see who have gotten them look just plain bloated.  To each his own... but I don't think I've ever seen anyone who looks so totally different.  His lips are all plumped; and his face is very full.  IMO men don't need the Angelina Jolie lips...... actually, some women don't either. 

Adelm1269028164.873533 PostsRegistered 4/3/2009

Actually, now that they did a closeup on his face, I do believe he had a blepharoplasty.  I just googled an old photo of him and it looks like a bleph, some weight loss, and a huge amount of botox/fillers.

Nascardiva1269028365.5736535 PostsRegistered 6/27/2005Maryland

He used to sell Parthena when he first started out on HSN, well over seven years ago.  Remember the Daisy Gel, which of course, was the precursor to Orchid Gel.

I'm a true redhead - with the color comes the temper.
Beauty gets the attention but personality gets the heart.

Katharita1269029512.9036650 PostsRegistered 11/19/2008Hooterville, Texas

He did just say during the show that he lost 18 pounds in 6 months.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrowmindedness."- Mark Twain ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CynthiaM1269029583.10769 PostsRegistered 2/10/2007
On 3/19/2010 Adelm said:

Actually, now that they did a closeup on his face, I do believe he had a blepharoplasty.  I just googled an old photo of him and it looks like a bleph, some weight loss, and a huge amount of botox/fillers.

Adelm,  where did you find an old photo of him?  I'd like to see what he used to look like... I seem to remember him being very thin.... now he looks somewhat pudgy.  I guess it could be just the aging factor... but I agree his eyes must have been done.  I wonder why someone would want their eyes to look squinty and thin.  It's not youthful IMO. I'm going to go and see if I can find an older photo because I hope I'm not confusing with someone else.  The person I remember used to be annoying because he spoke very fast and was manic.  I think it's the same person - but I could be wrong. 

Adelm1269029857.233533 PostsRegistered 4/3/2009

Here:

http://www.shopnbc.com/images/cc/specialcollections/Dimitri_James.jpg

You can see how his eyes are more heavy lidded.  Having bleph will remove the excess skin above the eyelid and give you the appearance of a bigger lid.  I also think his face looks a little fuller in this picture.  

CynthiaM1269030066.7469 PostsRegistered 2/10/2007
On 3/19/2010 Katharita said:

He did just say during the show that he lost 18 pounds in 6 months.

I'm so confused.  The guy I'm thinking of used to be on HSN. I can't remember the name of his line.  He looked like this guy except for all the fillers and the squinty eyes.  He was also a thin guy. He used to talk real fast and really push the line.  He gave a real hard sell and that's why I couldn't watch him.   The guy on Shop NBC right now is heavier than I remember.  So, maybe it's not the same guy.  The guy I'm thinking of didn't have such full lips either.  But, I gotta tell you... the voice is the same.  I'll keep looking for an old pic.  I can't seem to find one.

azqfan1269030766.5633511 PostsRegistered 10/24/2004

Dimitri James  click here on his name it is a link to the page

If you scroll down on this page you will see an article and pix about when Dimitri went to cosmetology school in 2004.  Interesting about him becoming a beginning hairstylist and starting over.  He evidently wasn't doing well with his skincare biz at the time but has since brought it to SNBC.

Last edited on 3/19/2010

Last edited on 3/19/2010

CynthiaM1269033222.58769 PostsRegistered 2/10/2007
On 3/19/2010 azqfan said:

Dimitri James  click here on his name it is a link to the page

If you scroll down on this page you will see an article and pix about when Dimitri went to cosmetology school in 2004.  Interesting about him becoming a beginning hairstylist and starting over.  He evidently wasn't doing well with his skincare biz at the time but has since brought it to SNBC.

Thankyou Azqfan!  That's definitely the same guy I'm thinking of.  That's how I remember seeing him on HSN... thin.  He probably should have left his face alone.  He was a good looking guy.  It reminds me of that actor....Mickey Rourke.  I don't know why he altered his face either.  I think it's a good idea for who is even  thinking of surgery or fillers to go to the website where they post all the bad plastic surgeries.  It's scary..... but I think it would prevent a lot of people from doing something they may regret later.   

babs1269035437.5331003 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004ny

Appreciate the stroll down memory lane! Couldn't tolerate Dimitri in his (& my,LOL!) younger days but love him on ShopNBC! The man can *sell*, wow! His skincare & his cosmetics are fabulous,imo.

babs :-)

bikerbabe1269035735.978471 PostsRegistered 4/10/2007

i'm sure his product line is good. i've looked at the ingredients and it seems like good stuff. but i just can't watch him. he looks really creepy to me. to much work done.

I take pleasure in my 'transformations'. I look quiet and consistent, but few know how many women there are in me.
- Anais Nin

grannyjann­ie1269035843.7378723 PostsRegistered 11/17/2006West of the Windy City

You ladies and your memories are fantastic!  I would never have been able to remember the line that Mr. James sold at HSN for the life of me, even though I purchased it once!  LOL

Hopeless Romantic :)

babs1269037111.461003 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004ny

When he 1st came to ShopNBC, I didn't recognize him (wouldn't watch him on HSN) but the *voice* triggered my memory. I had to ask a friend about his HSN days because I couldn't remember the line, either, but she did!

babs :-)

RavenElaine1269037587.024370 PostsRegistered 11/6/2007Canada

There is a profile on him on The Shopping Channel's website.  Here's the link:

http://tinyurl.com/y99v2nx

Look at the tabs above the product description and click on "About SKINN". This will bring up a pic and a profile.

Remember, you are a worthwhile person, no matter how much or how little you own. - Elizabeth Hartney

hunter1269103038.2157 PostsRegistered 1/30/2006Colorado

Looks much more feminine nowSurprised

JustWantBe­autifulSkinn1269104853.1731327 PostsRegistered 11/13/2005

I think he looks pretty much the same....  MAYBE tired & lost weight & darker hair ACTUALLY looks like his hair has thinned 

Creepy or not he knows his stuff QUITE well, know skin & function of skin AND does know products & ingredients AND has some GREAT line..... 

BOTOX'd oh yes.....  fillers probally BUT who on ANY of these channels selling skincare AND makeup isn't doing it

Last edited on 3/20/2010

Last edited on 3/20/2010

Shelbelle1269107447.6534195 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

He is 47. He looks about the same to me as when he was on HSN with Parthena back in the late 90's.

Stohsie1269110204.5178 PostsRegistered 2/10/2007
On 3/20/2010 JustWantBeautifulSkinn said:

I think he looks pretty much the same....  MAYBE tired & lost weight & darker hair ACTUALLY looks like his hair has thinned 

Creepy or not he knows his stuff QUITE well, know skin & function of skin AND does know products & ingredients AND has some GREAT line..... 

BOTOX'd oh yes.....  fillers probally BUT who on ANY of these channels selling skincare AND makeup isn't doing it

Last edited on 3/20/2010

I don't find him creepy at all.  I never saw his previous incarnations but I find him sincere and interesting and adore his products I have tried.

"Do your eyes light up when your children come into the room? Because that's what they are looking for." Toni Morrison

Theylon1269112079.417250 PostsRegistered 9/8/2007Santa Fe

Call me naive, but he looks exactly the same, maybe a little thinner and tan; otherwise, doesn't look like he has done any injections or fillers, JMO.  I really like the fact that he is offering awesome products at awesome prices.  I've only used the DermAppeal (love).  I'm presently using Dr. Perricone's products and have to continue a little longer for results.  If I'm not pleased, I will change to Dimitri's products.  I need to add that I haven't analyzed Dimitri's face; therefore, don't really know what he used to look like much.  You all maybe right about facial procedures.  Just looks the same as when I saw him before.  I really like him - he seems so genuine - I could be really gullible as well - wouldn't be the 1st time.

luvtoshopa­thome1269144928.471960 PostsRegistered 6/24/2005
On 3/20/2010 baby burns said:

hi everyone, after reading your email yesterday, i turned on dimiti, spelling?. my first reaction was, i know the girls on the beauty email on qvc, are or should be able to spot what was wrong with him right a way. ok symtoms  rapid weight loss, heavy sweating, rapid speaking, ok do you know now?  he is on something, i knew right away, and alot of you have grown up in that generation, so i thought you would know.  i do believe he has had a problem before.  please do not spread this around, i could be wrong, and do not want it to hurt your opinion of him. also do not want to get in the middle for what i have said.

I think you are way out of line with your comments.  Shame on you.

I love Dimitri and his passion for his products.  I have tried so many skincare products from high end dept. stores to Perricone, Denese, etc.  None of them compare to Skinn products.  What I love is that they do exactly what Dimitri says they do....they work and also love that Dimitri is not greedy....his prices are very reasonable for the product you get unlike Perricone whose prices are absolutely outrageous. 

I also love that he uses older models and there are no camera tricks with his befores and afters.  Almost every before and after photos of skincare products that I see on the Q and HSN.....the before pic is magnified significantly and the after is minimized.   If you watch Dimitri's before and afters....they are the same or sometimes the after pic is magnified.  That is because his skincare works!  I would recommend his products to anyone. 

Page 1 of 2