Christmas in July(R) Sale
105 Members and 12834 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Nuface Gel Substitution and advice for increasing usage

Started 1268796137.51 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1272573680.79 by michelle67

Hi everybody Smile

I need a substitution for the gel that comes with the nuface as I am sensitive to the one that comes with it...any suggestions? Also after you have had this device for a while are there any suggestions as to boosting performance? Or other applications?

Thanks!

Page 1 of 1
djdaclwn1268798758.67325 PostsRegistered 3/1/2007

Please can someone help me??

endlesssum­mer1268844840.363357 PostsRegistered 8/31/2008

Hi dj,  I heard that you can use pure aloe vera gel as a conductor.  I'm not 100% sure about it, but it does make some sense to me.  With the Isomers face machine, I believe that manuela says that you can use her serums as a conductor as well.  Not sure if that would work with nuface.   Just throwing some ideas your way.  I'm interested to hear what other people suggest!

Overall, how do you like nuface?  What results have you seen?

michelle671269366544.055 PostsRegistered 3/23/2010

Hello DJ! I ran into the same situation, and was informed that the the NuFACE works best with the conductivity gel. But no worries! I believe you can use the Opitimizing Mist instead, if you do not enjoy the gel. You wont get the same result as using the device with the conductivity gel, but the NuFACE treatment will still be effective.

Hope this helps Smile

mjfan1269441346.47160 PostsRegistered 1/5/2010

I read a 'tip' from the booklet that says you can put on your serums prior to the GEL...as they will absorb better while using NuFace.

What I have been doing is applying a generous layer of serums (I mix a CLIENTELE SERUM

and a VIT C serum) then use my NuFace--w/NO GEL. Works great!

plus--I don't have any gel to remove after either.

Another tip is to 'hold' the device in place for 5-seconds after each 'sweep'--at the top

of the forehead or cheekbone.

I do 3-sweeps/cheeks, then 3-sweeps over each brow---then repeat 3X. (I use the positions shown in brochure).

Only takes 5-mins. to do full face.

Usually 4X/wkly.

Last edited on 3/24/2010

Last edited on 3/24/2010

Muse Struck1269656405.945426 PostsRegistered 7/15/2007southeast

Some of the aloe based conductivity gels on amazon.com are quite good and less irritating.  Here's the one I've used, but if you do a search, you'll see several options:

http://www.amazon.com/Conductive-Aloe-Vera-Electrode-Gel/dp/B000XO32NK/ref=pd_sbs_hpc_4

Good luck!

Liane (aka starmuser)
"The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize." (Steel Magnolias)
"Climb on top of your lower self or it will climb on top of you" (author unknown)

Maggie Nol­ia1269669387.7814669 PostsRegistered 1/30/2006

My understanding is that the gel doesn't really do anything other than provide "slip" for the device.  If that's the case, any gel (such as aloe) will provide "slip".  

Tonight's demo with the vendor and Lisa R. was the most informative NuFace demo I've ever seen.  Made me look at the reviews.  And with 4 easy pays, I'm thinking of ordering it.

Buzzards fly in packs. Eagles soar alone.

Pray for the USA.

"Let's roll." ~ Todd Beamer, 9/11/01.

michelle671270237548.9975 PostsRegistered 3/23/2010
On 3/26/2010 Maggie Nolia said:

My understanding is that the gel doesn't really do anything other than provide "slip" for the device.  If that's the case, any gel (such as aloe) will provide "slip".  

Tonight's demo with the vendor and Lisa R. was the most informative NuFace demo I've ever seen.  Made me look at the reviews.  And with 4 easy pays, I'm thinking of ordering it.

The most recent demo on QVC is the best. However...Keri (NuFACE Educational Director) did say that the conductivity gel transfers the current from the device to your facial muscles. It does provide "slip" but if you are not using the gel, you may not get the best results.

LasVegas D­ot1272398147.71295 PostsRegistered 8/4/2007

Last night, for the first time, I used Pond's Cold Cream instead of the gel. It doesn't dry out at all. I noticed that it made the "snapping" feeling much stronger. In fact, I had to turn the unit's strength down half way. I'm not sure it was doing anything to my muscles, but it sure felt like it. I also noticed that the less cream the stronger the current. Tonight, I will try it again with more cream on my face.

I wish someone else will try this and report how it works for them.

Muttlvr1272398614.792631 PostsRegistered 9/18/2005

~~I love my NuFace device and use it probably 6 out of 7 days.  I am still in my first tube of the gel, but ordered a second one.  I want to try the Ponds Cold Cream idea, however.  I likt eh NuFace spray and unfortunately, the Q does not sell the replacements for that.  Seems odd since they offer the gel, but that's beside the point!  I'm lucky not to have a sensitivity.  I think the thing really works.  I'm 50+ and frequently get compliments on my skin and the relative tautness to my age (not saying this just right, but you know what I mean).   What were the tips that Lisa R provided?  I basically use the treatment suggested in the lit you get with it and also the "hold" technique.  When I first got it, I did try to use on my neck, but it was too harsh.

Last edited on 4/27/2010

Save the W­hales1272405930.623773 PostsRegistered 4/1/2008

I would recommend that you call Carol at Nuface and ask her what you should do. She is very nice and helps with all questions. The number is in the instruction booklet. Or go to the Nuface website.

🌺🌺Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date!🌺🌺

sissy21272407749.35178 PostsRegistered 7/4/2006

I've been using the Nutritone from Isomers (love) when I run out of Isomers gel, I've used Loreal face serum (drugstore brand) I've used Elizabeth Grant's serums.  All work fine.  I think as along as it's "gel" formula you'll be fine.  I used BE vit. Mist (once) thought it would be fine, NO.  Got red marks, went away 1/2 hr. or so.  Don't use any "water" like substance, gel/serum-like is what you want.  Isomers conductive serums are 2 for $15, love, love you might want to try them.  I've never tried plain aloe.

crdlb1272407928.9612898 PostsRegistered 6/24/2009So. Cal.
On 3/17/2010 endlesssummer said:

Hi dj,  I heard that you can use pure aloe vera gel as a conductor.  I'm not 100% sure about it, but it does make some sense to me.  With the Isomers face machine, I believe that manuela says that you can use her serums as a conductor as well.  Not sure if that would work with nuface.   Just throwing some ideas your way.  I'm interested to hear what other people suggest!

Overall, how do you like nuface?  What results have you seen?

Yesterday Manuela went back on that position and said you still need to use a conducting gel along with the serum. I know she said what you said last fall, but now she's changed her recommendation about that. 

Muse Struck1272413899.5575426 PostsRegistered 7/15/2007southeast

This month, because we've been so stressed for time (hot and cold running contractors after a house fire) I've been experimenting using my clientology serums (new love in my life!) and optimizing spray (which can be ordered from Amazon dot com btw!)

So far, the results are as good as what I've had with the gel, although the "pop" sensation is a bit stronger if I let things dry out at all!  I do love my Nuface.  I'm on my third month with it, and the difference in the texture/firmness of my skin is amazing.

Soo...the routine is cleanse w/ claronic, apply serums, spray down with optimizing spray, fuse Nuface, wipe down face with a warm wash cloth and apply clientele elastology face cream and neck cream just because it feels so good. :).

Liane (aka starmuser)
"The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorize." (Steel Magnolias)
"Climb on top of your lower self or it will climb on top of you" (author unknown)

Katey12611272455691.822973 PostsRegistered 8/30/2008Texas

Where do you get the nuface?

LasVegas D­ot1272482247.723295 PostsRegistered 8/4/2007
On 4/28/2010 Katey1261 said:

Where do you get the nuface?

??? Right here on QVC. I had just ordered mine w/4 easy-pays. I then got an email offering me 2 5-easy-pay orders. I called QVC and they changed my order to 5 easy-pays.

michelle671272573680.785 PostsRegistered 3/23/2010

Here is a link to the NuFACE device:

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.A87589.desc.NuFace-Microcurrent-Facial-Toning-System

The optimizing mist is now up as well!

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.A203219.desc.NuFace-Optimizing-Mist-8-fl-oz

Hopefully the links work. If not...here are the item numbers:

NuFACE: A87589

Optimizing Mist: A203219

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Page 1 of 1