Just-Reduced Clearance
141 Members and 11359 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

eyelid crepiness

Started 1262527899 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1262560617 by TommyGirl
Hi ladies, Happy New Year to all. I need ur help. I have a lot of skin on my eyelids. (thanks dad,lol). When I put eyeshadow it looks very wrinkly especially if the color isn't just right. My question is this. Is there a product out there that can smooth the upper eyelid so shadow goes on smooth and doesn't look so wrinkly? I do use a primer and am 53 yrs. old. If anyone has an answer to my question you beauties will. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Deb

Page 1 of 1
lovestotea­ch126252829714108 PostsRegistered 1/2/2009DFW Metroplex, Tx
Hi, beauty queen!
About 3 weeks ago there was a strand with many helpful suggestions on this topic.
You might try hitting "search" and type in "eyelid crepes" I think mine was just titled "the crepes." HTH
--
~LTT~

Loves ~ dancin' & prancin' ~ ♥ ♥ ♥

4doggies12625284933501 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
I know some on this board disagree with this, but I think once eyelids become crepey, there is no topical remedy. If your lids are dry, moisturizer that can be used in the eye area will help the skin look better, but as for the excess skin (and I know exactly what you are talking about) is not going anywhere. I think makeup technique has a lot to do with making this look better. Your primer needs to be not to greasy, not too dry..try 'patting' your lid shadow on, not swiping it across your eye--and make sure if you use a contour color you put it slightly above the crease--that area, at least for me, is firmer than the lid itself. Finally, no shimmer or glitter--that can make even young lids look crepey. Good luck, hope that helps.

Goldreich12625285021479 PostsRegistered 4/30/2006Flordia
My mother in law battled this problem for years, it finally became an issue that caused her not to see well.
Last month medicaid paid for her to have cosmetic surgery to remove the unwanted layers of skin. She is doing well now and tells me that it is so much better not having the eyelids hanging over top the lashes. As for a product that works on tightening them, I found M Asam skin tightening cream (HSN)combined with Perricone High Potency eye cream did help.
I think any retinol eye lid product will work the same. When the slight pealing starts is getting rid of layers of dead skin.
I doubt if any product will cure the excess layers.

fleetwood12625308125013 PostsRegistered 5/1/2009
My mother also had the surgical procedure done to remove the excess tissue. She said that she would definately do it again. She is very happy that she had this done and, according to her, the recovery was a snap.

marygray126253196447973 PostsRegistered 5/8/2005
If you are just looking a little fish-scaly with most shadows, I'm afraid its time for you to convert to MATTE shadows from now on.
Trust me, I have the same problem.
There really is no product that can remove the look of the fish scales, unless you have your eyelids re-worked by plastic surgery. And then there is no garantee.
Unfortunately, we reach a certain age where we can't look "20" anymore anywhere on our body.
Don't have to like it, or accept it, but it's the truth! X-(

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. "

ok212625326694688 PostsRegistered 7/13/2007
I can get away with a little shimmer shadow on my lids, but am at the point now, where matte looks better above the lid. I do agree with patting on, versus swiping. Makes a big difference. Botox use to help me tremendously, but not as much, the older I get. The bunny lines and crinkles come back, a lot faster. I use Too Faced Shadow Insurance primer, but can't get it close to my inner eye area, because it just accentuates the crepes, even more. I think I need to experiment with other primers...something a little creamier.
When I'm not wearing makeup, I keep the entire eye area, hydrated.

irishwoman12625368272168 PostsRegistered 3/23/2006
> Hi ladies, Happy New Year to all. I need ur help. I
> have a lot of skin on my eyelids. (thanks dad,lol).
> When I put eyeshadow it looks very wrinkly
> y especially if the color isn't just right. My
> question is this. Is there a product out there that
> can smooth the upper eyelid so shadow goes on smooth
> and doesn't look so wrinkly? I do use a primer and
> am 53 yrs. old. If anyone has an answer to my
> question you beauties will. Thanks in advance for
> any suggestions. Deb
i myself have this problem too...
ive decided to try a eye primer to see if it helps any..
iam going to cvs this morning to try the one by sally hansens, CARMINDY collection..
ive tried her under eye conceler, and its fine!
also useing her eye liner in brown and its great!
stays all day..
i also use her makeup primer on my face, and i do like it!
hope this helps?
bren

pupcakes126253700120960 PostsRegistered 7/29/2006
It comes with age & unless you can afford surgery, your stuck. I have tried moisturing at night but then my eyeliner slides off the next day even after cleansing.
--
Life is like a snowstorm...you'll meet a lot of flakes.

Life is like a snowstorm...you'll meet a lot of flakes.

poregirl12625556937236 PostsRegistered 10/12/2009great white north
walgreens has $3 coupon off revlon matte eyeshadows. Avon having a sale on their mattes shadows too
TRUE COLOR Eyeshadow 3 for $8.99
--
Edited by poregirl at 01/03/2010 12:56 PM PST
--
Edited by poregirl at 01/03/2010 2:16 PM PST

Last edited on 1/3/2010

‎Enough with the animal testing. Shame on you L'oreal, Olay ,Cover Girl, Revlon, Maybelline, Neutrogena.Avon

" Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Elie Wiesel

TommyGirl126256061737 PostsRegistered 1/3/2008
Hi Ladies, I'm 59 and suffer from the same problem, but I have found something that really helps a lot. I pat a little bit of the Distinction Firmalift Firming Face and Eye Serum on my eyelids day and night. Obviously, it can't get rid of any excess skin, but it almost totally got rid of the crepiness. Now my eyelids are pretty smooth with no scales. I also use Laura Geller eye spackle. I use all kinds of eyeshadows, shimmer and matte and my eyes look great.

Page 1 of 1