TSV(R) Preview
27 Members and 8882 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

what happened to christina carlina from philosophy?

Started 1262462685 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1262489363 by maestra
Does anyone know where she is? I didn't see her on any of the holiday shows.

Page 1 of 1
Grade1Teach126246353110269 PostsRegistered 12/2/2007Long Island
She normally takes the holidays off and has Dara come in for her. Personally, I really like Dara a lot and don't mind one bit.
Christina should be back on soon. I'm sure she's not there today because of the New Year. Normally she does the long visits when Philosophy is on.

Brat Cat M­om1262463691393 PostsRegistered 12/5/2009
They probably wore her out from all the many, many, many Philosophy shows on QVC. :^O

squeezebox12624671635562 PostsRegistered 2/17/2008Land of oz!
I hear ya! I miss her but I do believe she is backing off of presenting to spend time on product development. Can't remember where I read it and who knows if it's true, but that's what I remember reading.
Love her. She is beyond a class act. And, it's thrilling that Philosophy is one of Q's best selling lines :-)

A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice.

DiMeStoRe-­DiVa1262468959236 PostsRegistered 5/26/2008
I am new to Philosophy line, but have watched Christina on the Q for a long time.
The other day I was looking online at Phiosophy items on Sephora and I know the line uses child photos which I think are cute and cleaver and I could not help but notice one of the child photos I am almost sure it is Christina when she was a little girl she is the top upper left pix and the girl is wearing a sailor suit dress and reading something she looks business like even then..lol :-D
Maybe you ladies already knew it was her in the photo but I just realized it the other day- I will post the link to the pix.
http://www.sephora.com/browse/brand_hierarchy.jhtml?brandId=3866&cm_mmc=us_search-_-GG-_-br%20phil_tm-_-{esvcid}

codywhitney1262473981612 PostsRegistered 6/20/2007California
You all know she sold Philosophy to a large conglomerate company(a few years back) that has questionable political ties (to put it mildly).I know she still works for them on Philosophy product development and I have always loved her products.I started with Biomedic (which was her first company)but now I try not to buy anything Philosophy anymore because of the company that now owns it.

ArRzrbk1262475719404 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Arkansas
I really enjoyed watching Christina as well. She was just so sincere and knowledgeable. I am sorry she sold the company. I hope the company's "philosophy" doesn't change. Personally, I love how they encourage self care and acknowledge God :-x
I do hope to see them pay more attention to what they put into the products - leaving out the parabens, DEA and TEA, Phthalates, and sulfates. I noticed on some of their products they are now saying what is NOT in them. So, they do know some consumers are watching what they put on their skin.

daiseyo12624782175508 PostsRegistered 6/8/2008
> The other day I was looking online at Phiosophy items
> on Sephora and I know the line uses child photos
> which I think are cute and cleaver and I could not
> help but notice one of the child photos I am almost
> sure it is Christina when she was a little girl she
> is the top upper left pix and the girl is wearing a
> sailor suit dress and reading something she looks
> business like even then..lol :-D
>
> Maybe you ladies already knew it was her in the photo
> but I just realized it the other day.
DiMeStoRe-DiVa - I always thought it was Cristina, too, but she has mentioned a few times that it is actually her sister (can't remember her name). They must look a lot alike. :-)
--
"Pooh!" whispered Piglet. "Yes, Piglet?" said Pooh. "Oh, nothing," said Piglet. "I was just making sure of you."

msblossom1262478754149 PostsRegistered 12/5/2009
> You all know she sold Philosophy to a large
> conglomerate company(a few years back) that has
> questionable political ties (to put it mildly).I know
> she still works for them on Philosophy product
> development and I have always loved her products.I
> started with Biomedic (which was her first
> company)but now I try not to buy anything Philosophy
> anymore because of the company that now owns it.
codywhitney, can you elaborate on this? I had heard here on BB that she sold her company for 500 million but I don't know anything about the company that bought it. TIA

rusty62155126247964024 PostsRegistered 1/28/2008PA
I just googled "Philosophy skin care sold to whom?" and came up with The Carlyle Group. Suggest you do the same. If I post anything else I probably will get poofed. Interesting, to say the least.

Sassenach112624799524531 PostsRegistered 12/3/2005
> I just googled "Philosophy skin care sold to whom?"
> and came up with The Carlyle Group. Suggest you do
> the same. If I post anything else I probably will
> get poofed. Interesting, to say the least.
Yes, it is very interesting and all philosophy customers should probably read about it.

msblossom1262482579149 PostsRegistered 12/5/2009
Interesting indeed.
Thanks for the heads up rusty!

dionline12624859242271 PostsRegistered 1/6/2008Central Florida
Just read about the Carlyle Group. I don't see a problem with it.
As long as things don't change (and no, I haven't seen a change in my beloved Purity).
I still love their items, their fragrances and their 'philosophy'.
Companies are bought and sold every day...this is just another one.
I'll still buy their products !!!

PembrokeCo­rgiMom12624860081758 PostsRegistered 7/20/2009North Carolina
Do not know but do not miss her at all.

Phyllis (MOM and RN) and AJ (Pembroke Welsh Corgi-Red and White and Spoiled Rotten)

simpy1262486251149 PostsRegistered 10/26/2007
I heard her say that she was thinking about cutting her "ON AIR" time. She didn't mention why?? I think that she is a great person! Go Christina!!

lovetosing12624863396137 PostsRegistered 4/3/2006
I don't know why, but I cannot watch the new sales person. I like Dara Though.
--
In the end it will all be okay, if it is not, it is not the end - Jason Castro

In the end everything will be okay, if it is not it is not the end - Jason Castro

maestra12624893638571 PostsRegistered 3/13/2008
I enjoy Christina's low key demeanor and professional knowledge that she freely shares, esp. on how to apply the product tor eceive it's maximum effects. She is a pleasant change from frenetic interuption .
--
Fur unconditional love go to www.carolinacockers.com.Our little man, Indy, has brought so much joy to our lives. 4 legged love is waiting for you, too. My dog loves strangers, he says they taste just like chicken.

Page 1 of 1