TSV(R) Preview
150 Members and 15383 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

BB cream under bare minerals foundation as a primer?

Started 1346544585.507 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1346604583.433 by pixie stew
I just got my ready foundation in today. When I got home, I just tried it out over my foundation I applied this morning. I think I'm going to like it.. However, I also love my Clinique BB cream. The BB cream is light and I use it on non work days. I think I'm going to try it under my ready foundation. I've heard it makes a great primer.

Rhonda

Page 1 of 1
luvitall1346548272.1272345 PostsRegistered 10/27/2006

Yes! I've been using the Dior BB cream with Bare Minerals over it and now I am using the "Ready" over it and love the look! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

RHONDA1346552164.0531492 PostsRegistered 11/29/2007South Louisiana
Thank u so much!!! I am going to try it in the morning !

Rhonda

pixie stew1346553698.571261 PostsRegistered 1/13/2009IL, metro St. Louis

So far, of the 4 times I've tried the ready foundation, the only day I liked it was the day I applied it over my smashbox bb cream.

BE wasn't working on my skin the last year, and in the spring I began to try several foundations (mostly bb creams). Using the loose minerals over the bb cream is how I used up one of my loose jars.

brown hair, blue eyes, med. beige be foundation: mom to 5 wonderful girls

gtx1346556662.137224 PostsRegistered 8/14/2010

What is bb cream?

luvitall1346557203.922345 PostsRegistered 10/27/2006
On 9/1/2012 pixie stew said:

So far, of the 4 times I've tried the ready foundation, the only day I liked it was the day I applied it over my smashbox bb cream.

BE wasn't working on my skin the last year, and in the spring I began to try several foundations (mostly bb creams). Using the loose minerals over the bb cream is how I used up one of my loose jars.

That's what happened to me... several months ago, just wasn't lovin' BE on its own anymore, (maybe cause I'm getting older...) but LOVIN' it over the BB cream...the finish is flawless and the new Ready looks great!

luvitall1346557443.9032345 PostsRegistered 10/27/2006

GTX, BB stands for beauty balm.... THe BB creams are a little thicker than a tinted moisturizer, has a different consistency, but not a foundation....depending on brand, it is a moisturizer, SPF, primer, foundation...I never thought I would use one, but I am really loving it and BE over it looks amazing!

gtx1346558000.533224 PostsRegistered 8/14/2010

Luvitall, thank you. I couldn't figure it out! I am not familiar with the beauty balms. Today, I used a light application of my liquid foundation (Lancome Renergie Lift) and then used a little of the Ready Foundation over it and it looked really good. I will look at the Dior beauty balm next time I am at the mall. Thanks again.

kabella1346597535.523951 PostsRegistered 1/30/2012

The only way I will wear BE loose mineral is over a tinted moisturizer...I don't care for the way it looks on it own & I use it very sparingly...I don't like the new ready, it's not for me...At one time, all I used was BE but have found a few gorgeous liquids with a Lt. to med. coverage that look more natural, too much powder is ageing, just my opinion....I use the bisque as a eyeshadow base & still like the radiance...

sharlee1346597542.483975 PostsRegistered 6/13/2006

Beauty balms are great with a touch of powder foundation - I've been doing this for a while now (I use the Dr. Jart Waterfuse BB and a very light touch of Benefit's Hello, Flawless over it) but Bare Minerals should work well too - just don't be too heavy-handed or it could look cakey.

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde

kabella1346597925.3833951 PostsRegistered 1/30/2012
On 9/1/2012 luvitall said:

Yes! I've been using the Dior BB cream with Bare Minerals over it and now I am using the "Ready" over it and love the look! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Luvitall, you need to test Diorskin Nude Liquid foundation at Sephora, it is BEautiful, the texture, natural glow, & it's a mineral water based makeup...I use Channel & Neutrogena Healthy Skin (my dupe for Nars sheer glow) but When I use up my Channel, def. going to get the Dior...

luvitall1346597947.882345 PostsRegistered 10/27/2006

@kabella and sharlee, Yes, prior to using BB cream, I was using Lancome tinted moisturizer with a light dusting of BE....much better look... I am happy that the ready works just as well if not better. Kabella, I will definitely try the Diorskin, thanks!

@GTX, yeah, the BB creams were a mystery to me as well....Dior is the only one I've tried, so I will sample others along the line...I wear it alone on the weekend, really love it!

Last edited on 9/2/2012

Last edited on 9/2/2012

patticak81346599871.52115 PostsRegistered 11/17/2007computer
On 9/2/2012 sharlee said:

Beauty balms are great with a touch of powder foundation - I've been doing this for a while now (I use the Dr. Jart Waterfuse BB and a very light touch of Benefit's Hello, Flawless over it) but Bare Minerals should work well too - just don't be too heavy-handed or it could look cakey.

and tuen red.

Hello everyone.I cannot use any cream or liquid makeup it causes me to water and my eyes to get pain and get red.I use mineral makeup,but need some kine of serum or moisturizer to use under it.as it is too dry.I know you ladies have a lot of advice .I need help and appreciate your advice Thanks. patticake

patticak8

pixie stew1346604583.41261 PostsRegistered 1/13/2009IL, metro St. Louis
On 9/2/2012 patticak8 said:
On 9/2/2012 sharlee said:

and tuen red.

Hello everyone.I cannot use any cream or liquid makeup it causes me to water and my eyes to get pain and get red.I use mineral makeup,but need some kine of serum or moisturizer to use under it.as it is too dry.I know you ladies have a lot of advice .I need help and appreciate your advice Thanks. patticake

Before I 'left' BE foundation this is what worked best for me. I put a dab of a hybrid makeup (philosophy, that is now discontinued) a dab of a primer, and a sprinkle of the loose foundation. Blended and applied. (I did all this in my hand)

I would think that using a tinted moisturizer would do the same thing. The hybrid foundationI used was in between a tinted moisturizer and foundation in terms of pigment. You may just need a tad more be than I used.

The trick for me was using the moist product mixed with the powder.

Another application trick is to mist your face with some liquid of choice (distilled water, moisture burst, setting spray, ect.) after you apply your minerals. Then let set. I usually didn't need to do anymore buffing after it was dry, but you can.

Hopefully a few more tips will come along.

brown hair, blue eyes, med. beige be foundation: mom to 5 wonderful girls

Page 1 of 1