Dooney Days
65 Members and 15343 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Tarte's new BB Cream/Primer

Started 1346331237.927 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1346366873.763 by Nickel05
replies

Has anyone else tried this? I just received mine in the mail yesterday and couldn't wait to try it out.

I ordered the Medium, which I thought ran a bit darker than Tarte's normal Medium shades. It still works well for my skintone now, but I may need to switch to Light (or mix Light and Medium) in the Winter.

I tested it on bare skin (after cleansing; no serums or moistuirzer) and I loved the way it melted into my skin. Then I applied a foundation over top. I chose a foundation that can look dry because of the matte finish just to see how this BB Cream/Primer would perform as a primer. My makeup went on flawlessly and didn't look dry. It lasted for HOURS without budging, and because the BB Cream/Primer is tinted, it helped to cover my flaws, leaving me with a flawless face.

Using this product alone would be enough coverage for most people who just have redness/uneven skintone. If you have hyperpigmentation and acne (like me) then you could pair this with a concealer or layer foundation on top.

I was really impressed with this product; best BB Cream I've tried! I plan to make a blog post on this soon, with before and after pics.

Just wanted to rave about it while it was on my mind and see what others thought!

xoxox with love & beauty,
Crystal from the Valentine Kisses beauty blog

Page 1 of 1
Tricolor1346331644.6975315 PostsRegistered 4/19/2010Pittsburgh Suburbs

Thanks for the review. I did not order but I was so tempted. Will keep this in mind. Just trying to cut back a little. Haha.

65 year old
Blonde highlights
Dry skin and hair

lobstergal1346335274.773795 PostsRegistered 12/3/2010

Thanks for the review and please let us know when you post pics on your blog! I'm so tempted to get this but am nervous about the silicone in it breaking me out. Everyone who was wearing it when it first aired looked flawless but they didn't show the colors side by side on a hand so it was hard to tell which one to chose.

When the mindset of the hearer is set by anger or bitterness, everything that is said will be perceived as negative, regardless of intentions of the heart.
Ignorance is NOT an excuse...you can't plead stupid.

ValentineK­isses1346353350.85329 PostsRegistered 9/1/2010Front Royal, Virginia

@ Tricolor: I know what you mean... I've been trying to cut back and have done a pretty good job of it, until the Tarte BB Cream appearted on TV. I couldn't hold back and ordered. I'm so glad I did though; definitely something I don't regret!

@ lobstergal: I will definitely let you know when I make the post on the Tarte BB Cream... should be within the next few days to a week, as I tend to post about things ASAP when I'm excited about them. I'm making a post on the Mally Age Rebel Shadow Sticks (all 6 shades) and Age Rebel Lip Wand Trio within the next week or two as well.

xoxox with love & beauty,
Crystal from the Valentine Kisses beauty blog

lovestodan­ce1346353967.6974917 PostsRegistered 6/12/2006

I always get mixed up with primers,and concealers. Do have several primers for matifying and under makeup smoother.

What i need is a good concealer as i have several flaws,redness etc.

Do have age spots,and skin damage as well.

I am very fair,and need one that is very light.

Am currently using SCA industrial strength yellow base.

Can anyone recommend a good one that is good for full coverage,and also light in shade.

Love Tarte's eye shadow base.

lovestodance

ambersmom1346354238.9271899 PostsRegistered 5/15/2010Boston, MA

Hi VK...........

Agree with most of what you say. I too ordered the Med and it does run a bit dark(not necessarily yellow as sometimes Med can do) but just more of a caramel color.

It does contain silicones, so those of you who do not like that siliconey feel, it is not devoid of that.

It is like a TM and it is a primer, but can really say that form me, it has not totally wowed me .......but then again, I am 62 and you need a heck of alot more to be wowed at that age!!! If you are younger, you can most definitely get away with wearing this alone and it does "morph" into the skin.

I put some on and then a light layer of foundation and it has been 6 hrs. My issue is T Zone and do not see a ton of difference using this vs any other primer. While it looked really nice initially, it is "meh" now.

Not sure I will be keeping it as the tube is only 4" long and 1.5" wide making it a "not so sure it is worth it" value for me.................sorry.............ambersmom

Nickel051346366873.747225 PostsRegistered 8/4/2011
I loooooooooove it! Have it in the light and it's fab!

Page 1 of 1