WEN by Chaz Dean
163 Members and 11220 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Forsaken Fragrance

Started 1344545144.943 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1345907172.987 by SilentDance

Did anyone order it? Mine shipped already. lol

:)


Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 4 Next
dal1344546074.8733563 PostsRegistered 11/15/2007Indiana

Good grief, that was fast!!! I didn't order it but I ordered a couple of the deborah lippman things they had. Hope those ship just as quickly!! let us know what you think of it!

nantucket ­shore1344546212.75591 PostsRegistered 10/14/2007

I was thinking that's hard to sell a fragrance on TV....free shipping sure helps but wondering how many won't like and will return.

pegsue1344546454.107390 PostsRegistered 4/7/2005

I ordered it-I've never seen the show but the fragrance intrigued me. When they went thru the scents though one of the last notes they listed was patchouli, don't like it at all. Hopefully it won't be too strong because I think I will like the other notes.

Karena1344552598.15482 PostsRegistered 6/30/2008Bay Area, California

Hi Silent and pegsue - I got a sample of the fragrance in the mail, and I really like it. I also HATE patchouli in fragrances, but I really can't smell it in this fragrance. I was surprised to see patchouli listed on the fragrance pyramid. I hate 95% of perfumes, yet I really liked this one. I was very surprised becuase my typical fragrances are Amazing Grace, Pure Grace, and Unconditional Love, but this one captivated me. It's waaaay on the other fragrance spectrum compared to the philosophy fragrances. It's not dark, spicy and musky, it's dark and a little fruity in a dark/sexy way. I was surpised when Deborah Lippman suggested that it could be unisex, because I find it markedly femenine. Most fragrances pinch my nose when I lift up the paper to smell the sample, but this one did not! It was warm and sweet, not biting at all. I am so on the fence about ordering it, because I don't NEED it, but I want it. LOL I cannot think of any fragrance I've smelled quite like it. It also stands out to me because I find it a sophisticated and complex fragrance.

I hope you will enjoy your perfume!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

SilentDance1344554888.10314728 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 8/9/2012 Karena said:

Hi Silent and pegsue - I got a sample of the fragrance in the mail, and I really like it. I also HATE patchouli in fragrances, but I really can't smell it in this fragrance. I was surprised to see patchouli listed on the fragrance pyramid. I hate 95% of perfumes, yet I really liked this one. I was very surprised becuase my typical fragrances are Amazing Grace, Pure Grace, and Unconditional Love, but this one captivated me. It's waaaay on the other fragrance spectrum compared to the philosophy fragrances. It's not dark, spicy and musky, it's dark and a little fruity in a dark/sexy way. I was surpised when Deborah Lippman suggested that it could be unisex, because I find it markedly femenine. Most fragrances pinch my nose when I lift up the paper to smell the sample, but this one did not! It was warm and sweet, not biting at all. I am so on the fence about ordering it, because I don't NEED it, but I want it. LOL I cannot think of any fragrance I've smelled quite like it. It also stands out to me because I find it a sophisticated and complex fragrance.

I hope you will enjoy your perfume!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Hi.

Thank you so much for the review. I'm really excited now about receiving it. I'm just looking for something different and by what you describe, this is going to do it.

If you get it, I hope you will enjoy yours too!

Since you received your sample in the mall, I wonder if the department stores or Sephora will carry it?

:)

Last edited on 8/9/2012

Last edited on 8/9/2012


gradstuden­tMom1344562167.327958 PostsRegistered 12/2/2011

It's going to be a couple months before it appears in stores.

betteb1344562776.29316067 PostsRegistered 1/1/2008The Land of Oz
On 8/9/2012 SilentDance said:

I'm not a fan of patchouli either and I think it was a base note too, so it's expected to last longer right?

Anyway, I bought it because that new Lancome fragrance has patchouli and I do like the scent, so I shouldn't rule out all fragrances with patchoulil. The other reason is, I am a True Blood fan and I love the packaging.

I wanted to buy more but just decided on the fragrance because of the price and free ship now. The other products are the same price and have shipping charges so I can always purchase them later if I really like the scent.

:)

Last edited on 8/9/2012

I am the same way about patchouli. Please do let us know if you like it.

I need to get somewhere and smell that new Lancome. I like a lot of their fragrances, but was disappointed when I read it had patchouli. Can you compare it to anything? Or maybe lest some of your other favorites so I can compare if we have similar taste? TIA

,
"Though nothing can bring back the hour
Of splendour in the grass, of glory in the flower;
We will grieve not, rather find
Strength in what remains behind;" Wordsworth

kar321344562994.8731981 PostsRegistered 3/28/2009

the candle is what i was interested in but for $58 forget it ! i just love candles but can't spend that much on one

doggy-lover1344563249.9331130 PostsRegistered 11/4/2011Texas

I'm so much wanting to try it!!!

49 yrs old
brunette- thick hair
combo skin
medium skin color

dionline1344564454.382199 PostsRegistered 1/6/2008Central Florida

I got a sample in a past order and fell in love with this fragrance. I do like patchouli but didn't really notice it. I placed my order last night and mine shipped already, too! I can't wait to get it. I hope I like it as much as I did that little sample!!

twocent1344564596.78710009 PostsRegistered 1/5/2008

I don't need it- but I soooo want it ! {#emotions_dlg.sneaky} {#emotions_dlg.blush}

I just love the look of the bottle ! {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Just hope there are no peppery/powdery notes! {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes} Hoping it's as good as I think it may be- but if not , it will look pretty awesome sitting on my stand ! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. :(

lmt1344592792.527878 PostsRegistered 10/20/2004

I ordered it, I couldn't resist the description of the fragrance. The bottle is also beautiful!!

I also have my eye on the set of 3 mini Deborah Lippman polishes, I may order them as well.

bow regard1344603606.4233710 PostsRegistered 4/16/2009...the Long & Winding road.....

Hey Silent! :)

I ordered this yesterday as well. Looking forward to receiving it. Let's post again when we receive and share our feelings.

Hope things are going fine with you. I've had some sad, sad, sad times recently as my husband passed away and I feel as if I've been forsaken right in the middle of my heart.... :(

LipstickDi­va1344605766.51737465 PostsRegistered 4/22/2005On the Lake in Ohio

I wish the TS had been a better offer like a set instead of just the fragrance. To add on the lotion nearly doubled the price.

You can't buy love but you can adopt it. Adopt, don't shop.

pegsue1344607750.483390 PostsRegistered 4/7/2005

Karena and Silentdance-thanks so much for the information. I am feeling really excited now about getting this perfume after your posts!

Alpha1344632672.631936 PostsRegistered 8/26/2007
I ordered the EDP and the body cream. First time I've ever ordered fragrance from a shopping channel, but I too was intrigued by the description of the fragrance. I'm kinda bummed though cuz mine hasn't yet shipped! Here's to all of us loving the fragrance! Last edited on 8/10/2012

Last edited on 8/10/2012

SilentDance1344639929.7414728 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 8/10/2012 bow regard said:

Hey Silent! :)

I ordered this yesterday as well. Looking forward to receiving it. Let's post again when we receive and share our feelings.

Hope things are going fine with you. I've had some sad, sad, sad times recently as my husband passed away and I feel as if I've been forsaken right in the middle of my heart.... :(

Hi Bow,

I am so sorry for your loss and heavy heart. My thoughts go out to you. Please take care of yourself in your time of despair. I know how you feel.

Yes, I look forward to us all sharing our opinions on this. I've been pretty lucky ordering fragrances I haven't smelled and liking them. There have only been a few, but I've liked them all.

I love the bottle and can't wait to display it on my vanity.

:)


SilentDance1344640031.1614728 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 8/10/2012 pegsue said:

Karena and Silentdance-thanks so much for the information. I am feeling really excited now about getting this perfume after your posts!

Pegsue,

Thanks to Karena, I'm really excited about getting it. I didn't really mind taking a chance at ordering time, since I've been waiting for it since first reading about it here. It just makes the purcahse that much better knowing some people have already tried it and liked it.

:)


SilentDance1344640129.65714728 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 8/10/2012 Queen of Posts said:

I wish the TS had been a better offer like a set instead of just the fragrance. To add on the lotion nearly doubled the price.

Me too!

I reluctantly ordered before midnight thinking that there would be a duo or something coming up, but went ahead anyway.

:)


SilentDance1344640713.5814728 PostsRegistered 10/20/2008Location, location, location!
On 8/9/2012 betteb said:
On 8/9/2012 SilentDance said:

I'm not a fan of patchouli either and I think it was a base note too, so it's expected to last longer right?

Anyway, I bought it because that new Lancome fragrance has patchouli and I do like the scent, so I shouldn't rule out all fragrances with patchoulil. The other reason is, I am a True Blood fan and I love the packaging.

I wanted to buy more but just decided on the fragrance because of the price and free ship now. The other products are the same price and have shipping charges so I can always purchase them later if I really like the scent.

:)

Last edited on 8/9/2012

I am the same way about patchouli. Please do let us know if you like it.

I need to get somewhere and smell that new Lancome. I like a lot of their fragrances, but was disappointed when I read it had patchouli. Can you compare it to anything? Or maybe lest some of your other favorites so I can compare if we have similar taste? TIA

I could have compared it to something I already own, but tossed the card out this morning forgetting I wanted to do so.

For some reason, I keep thinking it's one of my Kat Von D fragrances, but now I can't be sure. I'm annoyed with myself because I would hate to have similar scents since I do plan on buying it.

I like deep, musky scents...EL Sensuous and Sensuous Noir, Kat Von D Fragrances. Hanai Morie Butterfly and Magical Moon, Kenzo Amour, Shiseido Zen and Mac Aquatic. Benefit Your place or mine Gina. I like some Tokyomilk fragrances too.

My warmer weather scents are Origins Ginger Essence, EL Bronze Goddess, BB Beach and Lavanila Grapefruit/Vanilla. I also like the new body Mists from TBS in Shea and Coconut. Every once in a while a flowery scent, but not too much.

:)


NickelEmily1344646034.561923 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007
On 8/10/2012 bow regard said:

Hey Silent! :)

I ordered this yesterday as well. Looking forward to receiving it. Let's post again when we receive and share our feelings.

Hope things are going fine with you. I've had some sad, sad, sad times recently as my husband passed away and I feel as if I've been forsaken right in the middle of my heart.... :(

So sorry to hear of your loss. May memories be of comfort to you.

bow regard1344653239.0473710 PostsRegistered 4/16/2009...the Long & Winding road.....
On 8/10/2012 SilentDance said:
On 8/10/2012 bow regard said:

Hey Silent! :)

I ordered this yesterday as well. Looking forward to receiving it. Let's post again when we receive and share our feelings.

Hope things are going fine with you. I've had some sad, sad, sad times recently as my husband passed away and I feel as if I've been forsaken right in the middle of my heart.... :(

Hi Bow,

I am so sorry for your loss and heavy heart. My thoughts go out to you. Please take care of yourself in your time of despair. I know how you feel.

Yes, I look forward to us all sharing our opinions on this. I've been pretty lucky ordering fragrances I haven't smelled and liking them. There have only been a few, but I've liked them all.

I love the bottle and can't wait to display it on my vanity.

:)

Thanks for your kind words, Silent! ......they really do help....

I too love the bottle. :)

bow regard1344653520.5633710 PostsRegistered 4/16/2009...the Long & Winding road.....
On 8/10/2012 NickelEmily said:
On 8/10/2012 bow regard said:

Hey Silent! :)

I ordered this yesterday as well. Looking forward to receiving it. Let's post again when we receive and share our feelings.

Hope things are going fine with you. I've had some sad, sad, sad times recently as my husband passed away and I feel as if I've been forsaken right in the middle of my heart.... :(

So sorry to hear of your loss. May memories be of comfort to you.

Thanks for your kind words, NickelEmily! I'm hoping that in time, memories will bring comfort, but right now they just bring tears.

tracyk1344661922.667430 PostsRegistered 11/12/2007Illinois
On 8/10/2012 bow regard said:
On 8/10/2012 NickelEmily said:
On 8/10/2012 bow regard said:

Hey Silent! :)

I ordered this yesterday as well. Looking forward to receiving it. Let's post again when we receive and share our feelings.

Hope things are going fine with you. I've had some sad, sad, sad times recently as my husband passed away and I feel as if I've been forsaken right in the middle of my heart.... :(

So sorry to hear of your loss. May memories be of comfort to you.

Thanks for your kind words, NickelEmily! I'm hoping that in time, memories will bring comfort, but right now they just bring tears.

I am so sorry for your loss,bow regard. I am a widow,and I understand how you feel.

Tracy

Last edited on 8/10/2012

Last edited on 8/10/2012

D Oro1344673435.7634069 PostsRegistered 2/17/2011Knock Knock, USA

Bow Regard, I can't imagine your loss. My heart goes out to you. I hope that time helps to heal the pain and that your memories bring you comfort and peace.

The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.
-- Coco Chanel

Life is too short to spend hoping that a perfectly arched eyebrow or hottest new lip shade will mask an ugly heart.---Kevin Aucoin

Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 4 Next