Just-Reduced Clearance
47 Members and 16385 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Why I like HSN more than QVC

Started 1341919428.42 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1341977704.14 by wdeerest

I do not watch the actual shows. When I shop, I shop online. HSN has far superior video and zoom than QVC. No ands, ifs, or buts, about it!
I have not even given many QVC items more than a glance due to bad video quality. Really, it is the worst online shopping as far as quality video clarity that I have ever come across. I also can't stand Victoria's Secret due to lack of views and zoom, but at least their pictures are mostly clear.

Am I alone in this point of view? Or lack, there of?

Page 1 of 2
matchpoint1341921686.257415 PostsRegistered 5/26/2007

Hi Cupcake, I actually like to watch the TV presentation of an item i'm interested in buying. ON both channels U don't ALWAYS get ALL the details U need to puchase the item. I will go to the web-page & LQQK -UP the item I wish to buy. QVC video & close-up pictures have ALWAYS showed the item from ALL angles to my satisfaction. Sooooooooooooooooo NO I DO NOT agree with U!!!!!!{#emotions_dlg.tt1}

chiclet1341922227.6971232 PostsRegistered 12/30/2005

I find that Hsn presentations are not good at giving dimensions, sizes, etc. They go on and on about how great the product is but I am yelling at the host to tell me length, width etc.

Miss Elain­e Eous1341922408.2132257 PostsRegistered 1/11/2007

I haven't shopped HSN in ages, but I do agree with you about the views online for QVS and VS.

And on the Q, they frequently will show pictures of clothing on a mannequin which does not show the fit of the garment. They have models, why not use a photo of a live model for the online view? If we were all built like mannequins it would make sense!

Kathleen1341922527.5313449 PostsRegistered 8/7/2006East Side, West Side, All Around The Town ... London Bridge is Falling Down

I never watched HSN videos.

Caffeina1341923943.7171900 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I like HSN's site navigation better than QVC's, and I can also watch online in HD. HSN's Android phone app works better than QVC's too.

GlitzAndGl­amAddict1341925554.31638 PostsRegistered 7/17/2011NYC

Now if only HSN would get better vendors.

Dani :)

JeanLouise­Finch1341925695.111599 PostsRegistered 10/3/2011

Years ago, HSN was all you could get on TV. I'm talkin' about back when it seemed like all they sold was Capodimonte, blue topaz rings, some sapphires, and the Connie Stevens Forever Spring skincare stuff with that machine. I purchased (and keep) a few things back then, but I returned several items in the process for quality reasons. I gave up on shopping via the TV. It's only been in about the past year or two that I've gone back, but not to HSN, I've only bought from QVC.

millieshops1341927100.63715532 PostsRegistered 3/15/2007

I'm not a good online shopper. Have never watched a video on either site, so if HSN's are better I'll never know - and I just can't find a product they offer that wants to come home to me. In the end, I shop products more than I do videos or gimmicks like EZPay or "free" S&H.

depglass1341927185.0324408 PostsRegistered 11/14/2006

I think it depends on how you order. I use the auto phone system a lot, and QVC's is much faster. I know the prompts by heart and I can get something ordered before DH even notices I've picked up the phone. {#emotions_dlg.devil2} But HSN is faster on the computer.

brandiwine1341927194.4632471 PostsRegistered 11/9/2006Colorado

I'm a long time QVC watcher. Over the last 18 months, I have not only been watching HSN far more, but using their products. Their quality is better than the Q in many areas. Shipping time and cost is so much lower at HSN. The Q has really gone down hill. Really don't care for many of the hosts anymore. It used to be fun to watch. For the best overall experience, I'm shopping at Amazon or Overstock. Prices great and shipping fantastic and low or no cost.

Shopsy1341927444.541684 PostsRegistered 7/21/2011In the rain

I can't believe how many of my posts are deleted, and yet they allow this discussion to be posted.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad it's posted, but really, I wonder why my use of the word 'disappointed' will block an entire discussion, but they approve this?

Go figure.

rina331341927964.175043 PostsRegistered 6/17/2008
On 7/10/2012 brandiwine said:

I'm a long time QVC watcher. Over the last 18 months, I have not only been watching HSN far more, but using their products. Their quality is better than the Q in many areas. Shipping time and cost is so much lower at HSN. The Q has really gone down hill. Really don't care for many of the hosts anymore. It used to be fun to watch. For the best overall experience, I'm shopping at Amazon or Overstock. Prices great and shipping fantastic and low or no cost.

My sentiments exactly! I didn't "choose" to not buy from QVC. It's just that everything I get seems to come from HSN, Overstock or AMZN, simply because it was more "convenient" ... for whatever reason (i.e., prices, shipping costs, specials, wider selection, more suitable merchandise etc).

rina331341928054.765043 PostsRegistered 6/17/2008
On 7/10/2012 Shopsy said:

I can't believe how many of my posts are deleted, and yet they allow this discussion to be posted.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad it's posted, but really, I wonder why my use of the word 'disappointed' will block an entire discussion, but they approve this?

Go figure.

This may disappear too. But honestly, QVC can learn something from listening to their customers. I like QVC, but they should take notice.

HSpy31341928256.36214 PostsRegistered 3/16/2012Huntingdon PA

I can give probably 20 reasons that should deter me from QVC, but I like the quality of the products. I don't so much from the other channels. I think their things look cheap and chintsy. Except on Shop NBC, I do like Skinn Cosmetics and the sheets, but I haven't ordered from HSN in a long time.

H.

Buck-i-Nana1341928534.018242 PostsRegistered 9/26/2007South West Ohio

I find it interesting that you feel compelled to post this on QVC's forum. Just sayin.

Personally, I shop from both channels on-line. HSN's roll-over for close-up is outstanding. Their videos, not so much. I've tried to watch videos on HSN and they don't edit them correctly, you get more time on the lead-in and focusing on the host/hostess and not the item itself. Bizarre.

Since reading the endless threads here making claims regarding how much better the HSN hosts are, how calm, how they don't interrupt, they don't "ummm" and on and on and on...ad nauseum...I've actually watched HSN specifically to see this, and guess what? I've come to the conclusion that people see and hear and retain based on whether they like the personality of the host. The only significant difference I see is that they are more low-key, and I believe on both stations it reflects TPTB's philosphy for sales. As for the rest - I see the umms, the talking over, the phoney hype and claims of using every product et al.

On one vendor/host presentation specifically I went and watched the videos because of the talk here. The Rachel Roy with Colleen Lopez. There was plenty of talking over each other, there was one video, I believe the initial intro of Rachel that I think Colleen's voice started out at least an octave above her normal on-screen voice, yet a few folks here were falling over themselves claiming how that specifically didn't happen.

Enjoying my retirement 1 cup of coffee at a time.

NOT invisible anymore, so get over it! I'm not gonna disappear :)

BellaCarro1341928650.5538385 PostsRegistered 10/1/2011Atlanta

I also prefer it for the most part. The hosts are not quite as "ram it down your throat", make up silly words, or seem like they need Ritalin. They often have great s&h deals and even occasional coupons. But, that being said, I still will order something from Q if it is appealing and a good deal. I'm about a stones throw from the It TSV and will probably order some Tarte foundation today for DD. But, once she has the brush I may wait for 20% off and free s&h deals from other online sites to replenish it.

I do have to say, though, that the Q's Beauty Board rocks and is way better thatn HSN's. For that I am very grateful. I've learned so much here.

Retired081341929127.25330 PostsRegistered 2/2/2008 Beautiful Coastal Georgia
On 7/10/2012 GlitzAndGlamAddict said:

Now if only HSN would get better vendors.

Agreed. All they would need for me is Denim & Co. and Valerie Parr Hill for me. They already have lovely jewelry shows.

Everything else I can order online elsewhere without the constant barrage of screeching, giggling and dancing....

What you put into the lives of others comes back into your own.

glmama1341931756.05720451 PostsRegistered 12/8/2006
I have had great experiences with HSN. In fact, they are so much better, IMO, with acknowledging &processing orders and reruns.

Over 40. Dark hair. Fair, with mild-moderate Rosacea. Finicky skin. Did I mention--Gorgeous? ;)

pink dogwo­od1341931955.523254 PostsRegistered 7/11/2007

I really enjoy most everything that hsn has to offer. I enjoy many of their hosts. I check out what they have almost if not every day. I've gotten many great things there.

Today there is an all-day jewelry showcase going on with many of their fabulous vendors. Great price points too.

Mona Dahl1341932243.882201 PostsRegistered 3/29/2007

HSN is a much better company than QVC, IMO. Their sale prices are truly impressive--often a 50%+ reduction, not just 20-30% like at Q. Their TSV prices are also spectacular. They ship much faster than QVC, and their shipping charges are not exorbitant. Much better overall. QVC's only advantage right now is that they have better brands.

Risk more than others think is safe,

Care more than others think is wise,

Dream more than others think is practical,

Expect more than others think is possible.

smokymtngal1341933102.213028 PostsRegistered 12/8/2007

In general, QVC has better brands than HSN. (Except HSN has Andrew Lessman - love him!)

HSN is far superior in how their website works. You can zoom in on products, they have a tab for ingredients, they offer ez pay on almost everything and sometimes you can take your pick if you want 2 or 3 ez pays, and they offer free shipping a lot especially on today's specials.

SAgal1341934301.7532158 PostsRegistered 8/25/2007

I haven't tried HSN but just a note on QVC - when you do a search on clothing so many times you come up with something in the color black and then you have to take the extra step to go the product description and change the color so you can see what the product really looks like - AAARRGGGHHHHH! Please change this!

Nature is the art of God.

foxywoods1341934449.7913 PostsRegistered 8/6/2007

I like to view HSN's online videos. I rarely buy off the TV presentation, except a TS cosmetic or skin care.

Q does a lot of advance orders for handbags, fashion or jewelry. When I buy something I want it now, not in three months!

I don't like those creepy mannequins for the QVC fashions as shown online! They are like stick figures. This has been going on for years! Note to Q Web Designers: UPDATE your product pages.

scatcat1341934765.6271468 PostsRegistered 11/19/2006
I agree HSN has better sales/free shipping/reduced shipping. But Q has higher end brands. Who remembers when HSN would use "Tootie" and the price started high and kept dropping it seemed until people started biting. Probably 20 years ago. Very cheesy.

santaslitt­lehelper1341936419.6538875 PostsRegistered 4/10/2007

hsn is a better place to make purchases. sales, shipping discounts and faster shipping etc. on the downside, i don't like as many of their vendors and i don't care for many of the hosts. they are also really bad in clothes presentations about not giving measurements.

aka bikerbabe

Page 1 of 2