TSV(R) Preview
60 Members and 11441 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

WEN vs. Devacurl No Poo

Started 1339860541.17 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1339998249.6 by drkcharger

Other than the Devacurl being a line specifically for curly hair, what would be the advantage of WEN over it? I tried the No Poo (which is a non sudsing, cleansing conditioner) and love it! I had been tempted by the WEN, but was wondering if it would actually be any better. Anyone out there who's tried both?

Page 1 of 1
jazzbabe1339860756.992822 PostsRegistered 12/14/2007

Although I go to a salon where they use the Deva no poo on my hair, I usually use Wen , therefore I can't really compare them.

LA Trainer1339863519.2931511 PostsRegistered 10/20/2004Los Angeles, CA

After WEN first came out, I went to the salon and got small bottles of all four flavors to try. I didn't have any problems, hair loss, etc., but I wasn't so impressed with the results that I stuck with it. I also tried the lavender when it came out, and it was just okay.

I vastly prefer Deva Curl to Wen, but I like the Lo Poo and One Condition better than No Poo.

Everyone's hair is different--stick with whatever works.

American College of Sports Medicine Certified Personal Trainer

brandiwine1339877586.8832397 PostsRegistered 11/9/2006Colorado

Deva Curl doesn't strip hair color like Wen.

Lorilyn1339895989.853228 PostsRegistered 11/3/2008

I do not have curly hair but it is dry, course and color treated. I have used Wen and DevaCare no poo and I prefer the DevaCare hands down! It is more moisturizing and does not weigh it down at all, hair feels soft and clean. I don't need a conditioner either and that is a first for me.

Catstamper1339897979.1235933 PostsRegistered 1/28/2009Baltimore area

I tried Wen, and it always felt like it left something not quite oily and not quite waxy on my hair. Almost like the wax they put on fruit at the grocery store. I love the Deva products and find that the NoPoo cleanses my hair beautifully. For way way less money, and you use WAAY less product. So, I tried the Wen, and went happily back to my Deva.

Cat
Fairly medium BE, brownish gold hair with weird white highlights (where did they come from???) green eyes, except when they're blue! In memory of my Jazzie Cat, who went to kitty heaven.

DonnaQ1339898458.31472 PostsRegistered 7/23/2005

Deva Curl and I've tried both.

HappyDaze1339898666.69316698 PostsRegistered 6/13/2012

Does devacurl have menthol in it?

I just looked up the ingredients and the no poo one does have menthol, although it is at the very end of the list.

This looks interesting.

Last edited on 6/16/2012

Last edited on 6/16/2012

fivekiddos1339964004.807594 PostsRegistered 4/3/2012

Here is a list of the ingredients

Achillea Millefolium (Yarrow) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Cymbopogan Schoenanthus Extract, Humulus Lupulas (Hops) Extract, Melissa Officinalis (Lemon Balm) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Flower Extract, Isopropyl Palmitate, Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Laureth 4, Grapeseed Oil, Peppermint (Leaf) Oil, Propylene Glycol, Wheat Amino Acid, Soy Amino Acid, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Menthol, Fragrance

HappyDaze1339975287.55316698 PostsRegistered 6/13/2012

This will be one on my list to try if WEN doesn't work out. Thanks!

geish1339976271.977214 PostsRegistered 4/20/2006FL

Found this ingredient list on their website:

Water (Aqua, Eau), Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Behentrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-7, Laureth-4, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Propylene Glycol, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Triticum Aestivum (Wheat) Peptide, Avena Sativa (Oat) Peptide, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Peptide, Melissa Officinalis Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Menthol, Citric Acid, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance (Parfum)

HappyDaze1339977071.65316698 PostsRegistered 6/13/2012
On 6/17/2012 geish said:

Water (Aqua, Eau), Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Isopropyl Palmitate, Behentrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-7, Laureth-4, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Propylene Glycol, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Triticum Aestivum (Wheat) Peptide, Avena Sativa (Oat) Peptide, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Peptide, Melissa Officinalis Extract, Humulus Lupulus (Hops) Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Extract, Achillea Millefolium Extract, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Menthol, Citric Acid, Diazolidinyl Urea, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Fragrance (Parfum)

Hm those ingredients are different than what fivekiddos posted. I think she posted the ingredients are fo the no poo one and the one you posted is for a different one?

geish1339977376.72214 PostsRegistered 4/20/2006FL
On 6/17/2012 HappyDaze said:
On 6/17/2012 geish said:

Hm those ingredients are different than what fivekiddos posted. I think she posted the ingredients are fo the no poo one and the one you posted is for a different one?

http://www.mydevacurl.com/products/cleanse/no_poo1

HappyDaze1339978620.92316698 PostsRegistered 6/13/2012
On 6/17/2012 geish said:
On 6/17/2012 geish said:

wow yeah those ingredients are somewhat different (and in different order) than what drugstore.com has listed for it! I wonder why so different? Now I am not sure about trying it.

And one shows parabens in it and the other doesn't. Interesting.

Last edited on 6/17/2012

Last edited on 6/17/2012

Lizzie76771339978737.0331628 PostsRegistered 7/16/2006Mass
I have tried both and I prefer WEN.

geish1339979330.557214 PostsRegistered 4/20/2006FL
On 6/17/2012 geish said:
On 6/17/2012 geish said:

wow yeah those ingredients are somewhat different (and in different order) than what drugstore.com has listed for it! I wonder why so different? Now I am not sure about trying it.

And one shows parabens in it and the other doesn't. Interesting.

Last edited on 6/17/2012

Looks like the product was reformulated and the parabens were removed. I would assume the DevaCurl site is correct.

drkcharger1339998249.6777 PostsRegistered 2/17/2005

Devacurl been using off and on for years then tried Wen didn't like it at all. I also use Traite by Mastey wich i believe was one of the first cleansing creams on the market

Page 1 of 1