Just-Reduced Clearance
33 Members and 15490 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Suzanne Somers Travel Kit - good buy 304-420 $52.07, $5 S/H

Started 1339763106.533 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1340151121.603 by JayJay

I have wheat, gluten, soy, diary, nut allergies to name a few - very difficult to find skincare that I can use. I'm 54 y.o. dry skin

I try to eat well and avoid using toxic stuff. I initially got - Suzanne Somers Organics 4-Piece Skincare Collection it was a special was $52.60 - now its $62.50 but I wanted to try the Night Cream, the Liquid Oxygen, the EyeCream but they are pretty expensive separately- see below - so when Suzanne's travel kit came up I ordered it.

Suzanne's travel kit has 8 pieces - of the 8 pieces 4 are full size - here's the number - 304-420 - Its $52.07 with $5. S/H if you order more you save - I ordered 2 kits and was $5 S/H total. Just her Liquid Oxygen is $47, the Eye Cream $32, the Serum $29, Nightcream $38

I've been using Suzanne's skincare for about 3 weeks - previously fan of SKINN -

liked SKINN's cleansing system with my Nutrasonic - didn't have alot of bad stuff in it. However some of SKINN's stuff has wheat/gluten or other allergens I can't use.

SKINN's cleansers had a deal where I got the Skinn Cosmetics Collagenesis Stem Rejen Sirtuin Support System - 1.2 oz free - I think it was a TSV - however I'm playing with danger because it has oats in it - typically oats are processed with wheat - so while I like what it does for my skin - I don't think I will continue to use it because of my allergies.

The other thing with SKINN is that it seems to be more heavily scented - the Collagenesis makes my eyes water. I could not use the SKINN cleansers on my eye makeup without irritating my eyes.

Suzanne's does have a light fragrance but doesn't seem to bother my eyes - I think it is a natural scent. I can use the cleanser right over my eye makeup and it removes it without aggravating my eyes. My skin is very sensitive and I have celiac DH so my skin is ultra sensititive. I haven't been able to use a lot of skin care because of all of my allergies. I avoid parabens - I've had many close calls with cancer since I was 15 - I'm now 54 - the most recent 2 weeks ago when they thought I had stomach/esophageal cancer, but the endoscope showed differently! Praise God.

My skin looks hydrated and has a glow about it when I wear makeup it goes on better and my skin seems to shine through - like Suzanne's where she has a glow. I can't believe it. I think I may have found the right skincare for me - which is difficult because of all the allergies.

She had another kit on yesterday that sold out, but I think the travel kit is a great buy since 4 of the 8 pieces are full size products...

Page 1 of 1
PSKat1339779020.358 PostsRegistered 6/17/2011

This kit really is a good buy. Congratulations on finding a skincare line that works for you and doesn't contain ingredients that aggravate your allergies. I relate to avoiding certain ingredients as I need to avoid Xanthan Gum wherever I can. A lot of food and cosmetic products contain this. It's hard to give up a product that really works for your skin, but it's just not worth the risk. I've had to experiment as some of my favorite products contain the irritant. Right now I'm using a combination of SKINN, PTR and Isomers. With your cancer scares, you are very wise to stick with the right ingredients.

Last edited on 6/15/2012

Last edited on 6/15/2012

SiameezeLo­ver!1339779582.851848 PostsRegistered 5/5/2006Green Mountains :)

PSKat - thank you - I am rethinking Xantham gum since I read that it is most like GMO - genetically modified. It is challenging to find good skincare that is affordable and that doesn't have parabens in it. Some of the skincare stuff has so many good things in it - then they ruin it by putting in parabens in it. I know blueberries and other fruits, honeysuckle has naturally occurring parabens, but I would rather have naturally occurring than engineered/chemical parbens. God bless you and good luck to you :)

SiameezeLo­ver!1339779970.9271848 PostsRegistered 5/5/2006Green Mountains :)

I do see some of Suzanne's stuff has Xanthum Gum :(. Still like the product - will probably email her to see if they would consider using Guar Gum or Chia Seed as a thickener, could also use potato starch too...

PSKat1339786414.92758 PostsRegistered 6/17/2011

SiameezeLover! I haven't found definitive information on how a food allergy translates into putting that product on your skin. Have you? I know what happens when I ingest Xanthan as I get an immediate reaction, but don't have that reaction when I put it on my skin. To be on the safe side I'd just like to eliminate it totally, but a couple of my go-to skincare products contain this. I am working on finding substitutes, but nothing so far works as well.

I was very interested in SS skincare, but then noticed the ingredient. I know a lot of cosmetics require a thickening agent so always checking for agreeable ones.

lizzydarcy1339787866.5972800 PostsRegistered 9/22/2006New England

OP,

I am very curious as to which products you are referring to as full sizes, as I only see two, the Night Cream and the Eye Cream, the rest are virtually samples. I use to get her skin care line, so very familiar with her products, since she first came to ShopNBC.

All the individual prices are marked up, way over priced. I do not see this kit for $52.00 plus SH of $5.00 as a great deal.Did you notice her four piece kit has gone up in price?How long will it last, she said two weeks at most.So if someone wanted a introduction/ try me kit to her line this might be a good deal, but I would not use all the products in that kit.Tried them all at some point, don't care for, or would use, the Liquid Oxygen, or the Exfoliating Cleanser,Eye Cream.I love the Everyday Cleanser , you only get one ounce. I can live without the Toner, liked the Bio Moisture alright, the only product I have never tried was the Night time cream.

Night Cream - 1.05 oz
Ageless Serum - 0.25 oz
Bioactive Moisturizer - 10 ml
Liquid Oxygen Therapy - 0.25 oz
Calming Toner - 1.05 oz
Everyday Cleanser - 1.05 oz
Exfoliating Peach Cleanser - 1.53 oz
Eye Cream - 0.50 oz
Clear Travel Bag

TIA Wink

Last edited on 6/15/2012

Last edited on 6/15/2012

Last edited on 6/15/2012

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

SiameezeLo­ver!1339802135.6571848 PostsRegistered 5/5/2006Green Mountains :)

darn - looks like they revised the photo as well as the decription of products - I am not happy at all I feel deceived -

The liquid veil, the eye cream, the night cream and the serum were all full sizes when I posted and purchased the items - now I see in the pictures are revised we well as the oz changed. If I can - I will cancel this. Very disappointed. Certainly don't want to mislead anyone...

SiameezeLo­ver!1339806142.6171848 PostsRegistered 5/5/2006Green Mountains :)

well I checked my status and the kit had already shipped - so I called ShopNBC and told them that I wanted to cancel the order because the sizes listed now are changed so tiny sizes - before they were full sizes for 4 of the products. I also said I did not feel I should be charged for shipping since this was not my fault that the sizes were erroneously listed.

Bummer, at least I won't be charged for shipping it back.

lizzydarcy1339807113.432800 PostsRegistered 9/22/2006New England

Glad to read that you resolved this.That happened to me once b4 and they were not going to charge me for shipping it back either. It was an order I wanted to cancel & It was resolved to my satisfaction. It is too bad that the deal was not a real deal. i wish she would sell her everyday cleanser as a stand alone product, as I can use that directly on my eyes, no stinging, wonderful for my extremely sensitive eyes. I don't like the Exfoliating cleanser, and the toner I can live without. I like the moisturizer.She needs more kits, more variety to reach out to everyone.Unless she ever does that I have to go back to my former skin care.

Do you like cats? Guessing by your screen name. I have three, two are brother & sister, got them as kittens.

Last edited on 6/15/2012

Last edited on 6/15/2012

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

SiameezeLo­ver!1339990246.0231848 PostsRegistered 5/5/2006Green Mountains :)

Hi lizzydarcy - well believe it or not I wasn't a huge fan of cats - until I was introduce to siamese - about 20 years ago...Now we are owned by we are owned by 2 seal point balinese, 1 chocolate point and 1 lynx point siamese and their pet lhasa apso. Yup the dog loves cats - used to whine for more kitties - however after 4 kitties - the competition for mooching is pretty stiff - so she's happy with 4 kitties, but no more :)! (2 of them were rescue meezers.

Hey I checked Suzanne does have her cleanser at her website - I haven't seen it at Shopnbc - not cheap - $24.75 - http://www.suzannesomers.com/Suzanne-Organics-Everyday-Cleanser-P1960C44.aspx

Weird Suzanne sell the toner separately, but I agree with you I like the cleanser a lot - I used to use mineral oil to remove my waterproof mascara, but now I can use her cleanser directly on my eyes with no stinging.

I guess with the travel kit - the eye cream and the night cream are full size products - to but those two separately would cost me $15 more - I might keep one of the kits - I did order two of them

JayJay1340151121.6435 PostsRegistered 1/13/2005
On 6/17/2012 SiameezeLover! said:

Hi lizzydarcy - well believe it or not I wasn't a huge fan of cats - until I was introduce to siamese - about 20 years ago...Now we are owned by we are owned by 2 seal point balinese, 1 chocolate point and 1 lynx point siamese and their pet lhasa apso. Yup the dog loves cats - used to whine for more kitties - however after 4 kitties - the competition for mooching is pretty stiff - so she's happy with 4 kitties, but no more :)! (2 of them were rescue meezers.

Hey I checked Suzanne does have her cleanser at her website - I haven't seen it at Shopnbc - not cheap - $24.75 - http://www.suzannesomers.com/Suzanne-Organics-Everyday-Cleanser-P1960C44.aspx

Weird Suzanne sell the toner separately, but I agree with you I like the cleanser a lot - I used to use mineral oil to remove my waterproof mascara, but now I can use her cleanser directly on my eyes with no stinging.

I guess with the travel kit - the eye cream and the night cream are full size products - to but those two separately would cost me $15 more - I might keep one of the kits - I did order two of them

I feel duped as well. THERE ARE NO FULL SIZES IN THE TRAVEL KIT and I still have shows on my DVR that state that the Night cream and eye creams are full sizes....nope...both are .25 oz. I know the night cream full size is 1.05 oz and the eye cream full size is .50 oz. so I'm really mad now. I actually wrote to Kimberly the first day this was online to tell her the text online was wrong so I knew some of the products were smaller but I heard them say that this travel kit comes with 2 full size items.....I wrote to CS but I really don't want to return it but feel so cheated by the presentation on this kit.

Page 1 of 1