A Day of Vicenza Style(R)
170 Members and 12739 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

ShopNBC Returns - no refund of orig shipping!

Started 1261686027 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1289607408.337 by SilentDance
Did you all know that ShopNBC does not refund original shipping charges! Boy does that make it expensive to try something and return it.
This will make me rethink my purchases from them and I will definitely be watching for free shipping deals from here on out.

Page 1 of 2
Subject126168621911269 PostsRegistered 2/24/2007
Yes- they never have given original shipping back.

ibb38126168624012248 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
This doesn't surprise me- their cs stunk years back when I first tried them and I haven't bought since! I was rethinking it since they've gotten so many former vendors from here and hsn- but hearing this? I think I'll stay put!

Subject126168645111269 PostsRegistered 2/24/2007
It might make those who order before thinking--- think twice- and then place their order. Not a bad thing really, as there are a lot of people who do order tons of stuff and return it all constantly. It is like a sickness.

Shelbelle126168752934482 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
Years ago I received a damaged bracelet, I had to fax them my postage receipt for them to refund my return shipping.

poregirl12616876667330 PostsRegistered 10/12/2009great white north
no surprise. most places don't refund original shipping back
--
"We have seen His star in the east and have come to worship Him"

‎Enough with the animal testing. Shame on you L'oreal, Olay ,Cover Girl, Revlon, Maybelline, Neutrogena.Avon

" Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Elie Wiesel

KimberlyRae1261687833264 PostsRegistered 6/7/2009SE Michigan
I wasn't able to edit my original post, so let me add this to clarify.
The email I received from them states this:
"As stated on our invoice and online, ShopNBC does not refund or reimburse original or return shipping costs, unless an item is damaged or defective."
So they do refund original shipping costs, but ONLY if the item is damaged or defective.

SuzyBailey12616891855348 PostsRegistered 6/17/2007NEW YORK, NEW YORK
It's true they have never returned shipping unless damaged item. I just don't see how this company stays on the air. Their CS department is horrible and has been for years. I simply don't buy unless it's a markdown item and I know I'll give to a friend or family member if I need to. They should just give it up with their 18 hours a day of watches.
--
Weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.
Psa. 30:5

"This Ain't Tennessee, and He Ain't You". Janie Fricke

babs12616935801006 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004ny
I'm with Poregirl. I wouldn't expect a refund of shipping simply because I changed my mind ~ from any company. When *Q* sent me a package that I'd previously cancelled (an auto-delivery one), I returned it at my cost & no reimbursement for the shipping. However, when ShopNBC made an error, *they* contacted *me*, they arranged for pickup, I got a full credit. With any vendor, it depends on circumstances & whether an item was defective or not. I personally have no issue with *any* of the shopping networks.
--
~*babs*~
:-)

babs :-)

LuvLife1261697854161 PostsRegistered 5/17/2007
QVC doesn't refund original shipping either. In over 20 years of shopping with them they have never, ever, refunded the original shipping cost I was charged. I was under the impression that most, if not all, businesses don't refund s.h. if you change your mind for whatever reason, other than defective or damaged merchandise.

winamac126169795219053 PostsRegistered 8/21/2005Carmel, Indiana
> QVC doesn't refund original shipping either. In over
> 20 years of shopping with them they have never, ever,
> refunded the original shipping cost I was charged. I
> was under the impression that most, if not all,
> businesses don't refund s.h. if you change your mind
> for whatever reason, other than defective or damaged
> merchandise.
The Q DOES refund original shipping unless it's past 30 days!

pepes mom12617654835286 PostsRegistered 7/21/2005SW PA
the Q has refunded my original shipping price on every item I have returned. I've never once had an issue with it.
--
pepe's mom
Knocking on 7's door.
Here we go Steelers, here we go!

~ Pepe's Mom ~

I'm cool toned. Yellow foundations make me look jaundiced. That is NOT the look I am going for.

4doggies12617658643501 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
They sent something I ordered to the wrong address (totally their fault), and the item was returned to them. Initially they did not want to credit me for shipping! I asked to speak to a supervisor, and they did finally refund it--worst customer service ever.

LuvLife1261766187161 PostsRegistered 5/17/2007
Ok I did check and I don't do many returns here but it does look like I did get refunded the original shipping. I don't know why I thought they weren't refunding it, maybe a time or two here or somewhere else it happened, I don't remember for sure now. Anyhow I'm glad to know that they are refunding the s.h. charges. Still it can get expensive if you do a lot of returns because you do have to pay to ship it back. I've learned that the hard way, especially when buying shoes online.
--
Edited by LuvLife at 12/25/2009 9:45 AM PST
--
Edited by LuvLife at 12/25/2009 9:51 AM PST

Last edited on 12/25/2009

lovemyboys1261766974535 PostsRegistered 4/29/2009
> Yes- they never have given original shipping back.
They used to refund original shipping charges, I used to buy loads of stuff and always rec'd original shipping charges, as far back as 2003 and before that when they were Valuevision.
Jewelry Television just stopped giving refunds, needless to say it will be a long time before I buy anything from either one of them. Besides, I have more jewelry than I need. I did get some beautiful pieces from Valuevision, when SNBC took over the prices went way up. I'm glad I got what I did when I did!!!

poregirl12619589247330 PostsRegistered 10/12/2009great white north
> > Yes- they never have given original shipping
> back.
>
> They used to refund original shipping charges, I used
> to buy loads of stuff and always rec'd original
> shipping charges, as far back as 2003 and before that
> when they were Valuevision.
> Jewelry Television just stopped giving refunds,
> needless to say it will be a long time before I buy
> anything from either one of them. Besides, I have
> more jewelry than I need. I did get some beautiful
> pieces from Valuevision, when SNBC took over the
> prices went way up. I'm glad I got what I did when I
> did!!!
Youre wrong about Jewelry Television
Jewelry Television
Do you offer a Satisfaction Guarantee?
We at Jewelry Television want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. If you're not, send it back in its as-shipped condition within 30 days of receipt. Please complete and include the Satisfaction Guarantee return form located on the back of your invoice. For your own protection, merchandise should be returned prepaid and insured via UPS, FedEx, or U.S. mail. Send all returns to: Jewelry Television®, Customer Returns, 190 Hayfield Rd., Knoxville, TN 37922. For your convenience, a pre-addressed return label can be found on the bottom front of your invoice. Please return one item only per package. Shipping charges are nonrefundable.
--
"We have seen His star in the east and have come to worship Him"

‎Enough with the animal testing. Shame on you L'oreal, Olay ,Cover Girl, Revlon, Maybelline, Neutrogena.Avon

" Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Elie Wiesel

Stohsie1261967711178 PostsRegistered 2/10/2007
QVC and HSN don't either, do they?

"Do your eyes light up when your children come into the room? Because that's what they are looking for." Toni Morrison

KimberlyRae1261968902264 PostsRegistered 6/7/2009SE Michigan
> QVC and HSN don't either, do they?
As far as I know they both refund original shipping charges, which is why I was so taken back when ShopNBC did not. However, QVC will not refund your original shipping charges if it's been over 30 days. Don't know about HSN for this situation.

My Quigs1271860474.45136 PostsRegistered 11/17/2008So California

I ordered two necklaces from ShopNBC.  One is damaged and both are not the color of 18K Italian gold as represented in the on air presentation.  Both items are light weight and were shipped to me in one padded envelope.  I planned on returning them in the same envelope with the prepaid label.  However, I read the fine print on the back of the invoice which states that if more than one item is returned in the same package,  " A $7.99 charge will be deducted for each item returned in this shipment."  So they expect me to pay $16 for the return if I use their label!!!

I don't plan to purchase anything from them again until this policy is changed.

JustWantBe­autifulSkinn1271861784.3371357 PostsRegistered 11/13/2005

If an item is: broken, missing parts, not sealed, defective, wrong item ETC....  I would expect AND MANY places DO refund the original s/h AND pay the return postage

BUT.......  if someone changes their mind "just because"  OR just didn't like it OR...??? than I wouldn't expect my original s/h to be refunded NOR would I expect them to pay s/h to return the item

HSN & QVC do refund the ORIGINAL s/h EVEN IF someone changes their mind "just because"  OR just didn't like it OR...???   

SHOPNBC doesn't refund the original s/h, never has - UNLESS there was an issue wi the item

Last edited on 4/21/2010

Last edited on 4/21/2010

robomo1271862135.5439407 PostsRegistered 3/15/2005

Yes they do - at least they did when I returned an item I bought.  I'm not a watch person, so I don't buy much from them.

Bella HS1271875396.148076 PostsRegistered 12/17/2007East Hampton, NY

I don't like shopping with SNBC at all for many reasons.

wagirl1271875831.4434550 PostsRegistered 10/20/2004

I noticed that too, and that is enough for me not to order from them anymore. I have never ordered too much from them and now I won't at all.

msquanna1271877263.779684 PostsRegistered 10/3/2008

Yes, and it stinks.

DeltaOne1271882115.242173 PostsRegistered 12/19/2006

I won't order from them again, either. I am a very careful shopper, but sometimes you just can't tell the quality, fit, etc. of an item unless you actually see it in person, and I refuse to pay at least $15.00 just to "try something on."  There is a really cute rain jacket I am considering purchasing from a catalog, but they won't give me the measurements of it (say they don't have them) so I'm not sure which size to buy.  If I buy 2 sizes to try it on, I'll be sure to have to send at least 1 or maybe both back, and that equals almost $20.00 in shipping charges as this catalog doesn't refund shipping, either.  And, I really don't think HSN and QVC overcharges for their shipping, if you've looked at what catalog retailers are charging nowadays. Plus, QVC and HSN refund the original shipping charges when you return an item, which you just sometimes have to do.

4doggies1271882998.5233501 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

They even try to pull this when it's their fault. I ordered an item about a year ago and they sent it to the wrong address. When it was returned to them, they wanted to reship it but keep my original shipping and charge me again. I threw enough of a fit that they changed their mind and did not keep my shipping, but it's unbelieveable that they would even try this. I have not ordered from them since, nor will I ever again. A lot of people have said that the only reason they order is to purchase Isomers. I once called Isomers with a question, the person who answered suggested that I order directly from them in the future, and she admitted (not in so many words) that SNBC has horrible customer service.

Page 1 of 2