Fall Fashion Days
65 Members and 12024 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

EYE WRINKLES, UPPER LID CREPINESS, PUFFY EYES AND DARK CIRCLES

Started 1331418831.417 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1331926282.05 by maestra

Hi Ladies,

Can you help me please. I have very crepiness eyelids that sag, dark puffy under the eyes and some wrinkles. I have tried any number of products, but don't want to try the expensive ones because i don't have the $$$ to lay out for something that is not going to work.

Can anyone recommend a product that works on extremely old looking eyes or am I expecting too much out of creams or serums? Oh yes, on top of everything else, when I put most creams/serums on , my eyes tear something terrible. Cannot wear them during the day, only at night and some make my skin near the eye break out. Is it hopeless???? {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Page 1 of 1
tama1331420887.9433 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004jersey shore

Clinique's All About Eyes is great for undereye problems. Peter Thomas Roth's Laser-free for eyes is wonderful and can be used on eyelids as well as under the eyes.

JMFINLEY0011331422052.348529 PostsRegistered 12/23/2004Wisconsin

I love PTR Laser Free for eyes and use it twice daily,I also incoporate Isomers Fast Lift Eye Serum for my hooded lids and I love it!!!!!!!I am going to order Skinn's Dark Circle Roller Ball to ttry for my dark circles!!!!!

55 yrs old,combo skin/w oily tzone
med golden tan complexion-no wrinkles yet ,but dark under eye circles,med brown hair with caramel highlights and brown eyes!dry fine hair but better with WEN!

WoW1331424004.431526 PostsRegistered 12/27/2011

Connie, I'm 58 and really showing the years around my eyes, too, sounds like yours.

Honestly, I think I try to use too much of the products, regardless of cost, and end up with puffier eyes! And my eyes get irritated, plus I will get break-outs around that area if I'm not careful.

I have the best luck with American Beauty (available only at Kohl's but made by Estee Lauder) eye cream - the firming one.

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/beauty/brands/americanbeauty/americanbeauty1/skincare1/PRD~92032/Uplifting+Firming+Eye+Cream.jsp

Kohl's promo code for 30% off if you use your Kohl's charge card: SHOPNSAVE. Good 3/7-3/14.

frankies g­al1331424628.70329 PostsRegistered 4/17/2010

hi connie, i have all the same eye problems,bags,crinkles,cronic tearing.guess what,for what ive spent on products,i could have had surgery.i dont care what anyone says,when you have the problems that we have,NO product is going to take it away.i went for a consult yesterday in n.y.c.its not cheap,but thats what works.so,save your pennies and look for a great plastic surgeon.no more high end products for me. its all hype and doesnt work.good luck{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Miss Amanti1331429534.257143 PostsRegistered 1/17/2008
<table class="vi-is1" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"> <tbody> <tr> <td colspan="4">
<h1 class="vi-is1-titleH1">Signature Club A Industrial Strength Line Be Gone Eye Ointment </h1>

I bid on this on ebay and won for $11.00 It is a excellent product and has made a dramatic difference in my eye area. A little goes a very long way

</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="4" height="10"> </td> </tr> <tr> <th class="vi-is1-lbl"> </th> <td class="vi-is1-clr" colspan="3"> </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="4" height="10"> </td> </tr> </tbody> </table>

Miss Amanti

deja vu1331430340.376139 PostsRegistered 7/9/2007East Coast
On 3/10/2012 WoW said:

Connie, I'm 58 and really showing the years around my eyes, too, sounds like yours.

Honestly, I think I try to use too much of the products, regardless of cost, and end up with puffier eyes! And my eyes get irritated, plus I will get break-outs around that area if I'm not careful.

I have the best luck with American Beauty (available only at Kohl's but made by Estee Lauder) eye cream - the firming one.

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/beauty/brands/americanbeauty/americanbeauty1/skincare1/PRD~92032/Uplifting+Firming+Eye+Cream.jsp

Kohl's promo code for 30% off if you use your Kohl's charge card: SHOPNSAVE. Good 3/7-3/14.

Ingredients sound pretty good for this cream..I believe my last coupon and book got accidentally thrown away...but I did get a Kohl's card a couple Christmas's ago to get 30%off.

Never used it again and think we threw them away....I'm sure they would look it up though. Estee Lauder owns soooo many companies.

~ life is short~pick your battles ~

UMTerpFan1331477993.6731629 PostsRegistered 3/26/2010

I haven't found one product that works on everything. I layer a lot of products that target specific things. But for hooded lids, I recommend Bremenn's Upper Eye Lid Lifter. For dryness, Kiehl's Creamy Avacodo eye cream is good but you'll need to let it sit for a little while to absorb. I've been trying Sisley's Siselya Eye & Lip cream since many said it was the best on the market. But at $205 a jar, I'm not convinced. You could get a sample at Saks, Neiman's or Bloomingdales (some Bloomingdales don't carry it though) to see what you think. I still haven't found a product that I think works on darkness although some have shown some results such as Perricone Cold Plasma eye but for me it doesn't hydrate. Many people swear by Skinn's Hylighten Dark Circle & Puffiness serum (ShopNBC & Skinn Cosmetics websites). Some other eye creams that have gotten rave reviews are Bobbie Brown's Hydrating eye cream and her Eye Repair for dryness, and Laura Mercier's eye serum and eye cream. I've been getting little samples of products at Nordstroms and Sephora's to see what works for me before purchasing something that I might have to return.

betteb1331478365.46315822 PostsRegistered 1/1/2008The Land of Oz

For puffiness I think the latest thing is eye creams that contain caffiene. I know that Garnier has one in the drugstore market, a rollerball I think.

If you can find something fragrance free that might help the watery eyes. I could be fragrance int he product doing that.

"Though nothing can bring back the hour
Of splendour in the grass, of glory in the flower;
We will grieve not, rather find
Strength in what remains behind;" Wordsworth

Harpa1331491544.47373 PostsRegistered 6/28/2007

I think you can re-texturize skin around the eyes, but I, too, haven't found one product that does it all. Neither is it a quick fix. It is consistent use of a series of effective ingredients. I've been diligent over the years to address any issues that cropped up and in keeping my eye area hydrated.

My 1st suggestion would be to use AHA's (PC @ 8% or AH @ 12%) to help resurface your undereye area and soften lines. After applying under and on sides of eyes (crows), I wouldn't hesitate to pat any residue over my lids, and would also use in the inner corners.

Other line fighters/collagen builders are Vit C & Vit A. No other topical is going to firm up skin tissue. Of course it is far better to prevent than to correct. But if you're going topical, these are the proven collagen builders: AHA's, Vit C & Vit A.

You can use just about anything to maintain moisture around your eye area.

Dark circles -- proven to reduce them is Haloxyl. (This worked for me!) I know you mentioned expense, but unfortunately, a product w/ Haloxyl is a bit more expensive. Check out Restore eyes eye cream from iQderma. http://www.iqderma.com/ Serious Skincare line also has an eye product w/ Haloxyl, as does Isomers. (I only have personal, positive experience w/ the iQderma product.)

CONNIE1331493447.0219 PostsRegistered 1/5/2012BRICK, NJ

Thank you ladies for all of your advise. I'm glad tht I am not the only one that has these problems. My skin around my eyes isn't dry at all so it's not that. My allergies don't help either. Hey, has anyone tried the Peter Thomas Roth Turbo un-wrinkle yet? What are your thoughts. I'm trying a few products, Dr. Dennis Gross and something from Skin Perfection an organic company. I was able to get samples and was told that I should see some change with these, so at least I didn't spend a fortune if they don't work (and they have not so far).

UMTerpFan1331517645.11629 PostsRegistered 3/26/2010
On 3/11/2012 CONNIE said:

Thank you ladies for all of your advise. I'm glad tht I am not the only one that has these problems. My skin around my eyes isn't dry at all so it's not that. My allergies don't help either. Hey, has anyone tried the Peter Thomas Roth Turbo un-wrinkle yet? What are your thoughts. I'm trying a few products, Dr. Dennis Gross and something from Skin Perfection an organic company. I was able to get samples and was told that I should see some change with these, so at least I didn't spend a fortune if they don't work (and they have not so far).

I just sent PTR Turbo Unwrinkle back as I think my 11's were getting deeper after I stopped what I was using and started with Turbo Unwrinkle. Problem is I was using Perricone Neuropeptide Deep Wrinkle Serum, ran out, then was trying to use up a bottle of Kinerese C8 Deep Wrinkle serum that had been sitting on my counter top followed by a 3 week sample of a Sisley product I'd gotten that was awfully expensive so I'm not certain which product was working. I just got Perricone's Neuropeptide Deep Wrinkle serum and will try that first as I'd received it in a kit before and did like it.

Also, Skinn's Hylighten does include haloxyl. Here's a list of the ingredients: infused green tea and cucumber extracts, Haloxyl (palmitoyl oligopeptide, palmitoyl tetrapeptide-3, steareth-20, hydoxysuccinimide, chrysin), isopentyldiol glycol, chitosan, glycolic acid, MDI complex, guar gum, dimethicone coplyol, caffeine, vitamin K, biosaccharide gum, chlorphenesin. It runs $36.50 and there are quite a few Beauties on this board that swear by it.

CONNIE1331917258.219 PostsRegistered 1/5/2012BRICK, NJ

what about isomers?

Margo Chan­ning1331925336.34713266 PostsRegistered 11/29/2007

Isomers Fast Lift Eye Serum has worked for me for almost 16years. I keep it in the fridge. It has caffeine which helps with the swelling. I have no discernable crowsfeet or crinkles and am 60 years old.

I would do without food to buy this line of skin care if I had to.

It's not the typing, it's arthritis.
NO-ONE puts Leisle in the corner

maestra1331926282.058453 PostsRegistered 3/13/2008

Skinn Hylighten or Skinn Stem Regen for Eyes-very good skincare line, quality ingredient deck and affordable.

Page 1 of 1