Just-Reduced Clearance
78 Members and 16874 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Skin Actives-Sea kelp Bioferment verse Cream de la Mer "miracle broth" from the sea ?

Started 1330995073.867 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1331331486.507 by endoqueen

I started using the La Mer cream a month ago, I absolutely love it...but not crazy about the price...I use it and the Hydrating Infusion gel spray.

I noticed on Skin Actives website that they have Sea Kelp bio-ferment in some pre-made products, and you can get it seperate...... wondering if there is any resemblance in them.

I did send Hannah a message to see if she had a close dupe for the La Mer cream on Sat...she asked for the product ingredients.... I should hear back from her tomm.

Has anyone tried both to see if any resemblance from a SA cream to the La Mer cream ?

deja vu

~ life is short~pick your battles ~

Page 1 of 1
BellaCarro1330999916.2978190 PostsRegistered 10/1/2011Atlanta

I have not tried both. I just got a La Mer sample the other day. I really like it but I don't think I'm willing to "invest" (that's what the s/a called it).

Please post whatever you find out.

deja vu1331008284.3476191 PostsRegistered 7/9/2007East Coast
On 3/5/2012 BellaCarro said:

I have not tried both. I just got a La Mer sample the other day. I really like it but I don't think I'm willing to "invest" (that's what the s/a called it).

Please post whatever you find out.

It would certainly be an investment if you used many of the products....the Hydrating Infusion is 4.2oz for less than $100. So that's pretty good to me.

I don't need but these two items though..I can get enough moisture out of the la mer cream and HI to work on my face, eyes, and neck..my skin is lovin it !!

I'll let ya know what I find out though.

Spunkyspou­ts1331011188.3877186 PostsRegistered 11/19/2008miami

I am going to bump this to keep it going...very interested myself.

tessan1331011253.9631211 PostsRegistered 8/11/2007

I have tried both but its been a few years, I wasn't impressed with either one.

Dharma_Ini­tiative1331047040.114147 PostsRegistered 7/16/2007

I've used straight SKB from another company and yes it's very hydrating. I've added it to lotions and also just applied on it's own, patting it on after everything else. What are you trying to achieve with these products? IMO you can get wonderful moisturizers for a lot less than La Mer. But I don't know what else it does for you (or anyone). The results you will see will depend on what you're looking to achieve, that's why I ask. Sometimes we expect the impossible (or improbable).

Smile

Last edited on 3/6/2012

Last edited on 3/6/2012

Tsukiko1331048311.14729 PostsRegistered 3/11/2006Arizona

I've been looking at this company for a while. I think that when I run out of my Isomers Hydrafix I'm going to try this: http://www.skinactives.com/Kit-Formulation-Kit-for-Beginners.html

I'll probably research what else I can throw in there (peptides, niacinamide) and give it a go. I see they have a message board so I will probably ask there how to go about this.

Dharma_Ini­tiative1331054437.6934147 PostsRegistered 7/16/2007
On 3/6/2012 LizzardDance said:

I've been looking at this company for a while. I think that when I run out of my Isomers Hydrafix I'm going to try this: http://www.skinactives.com/Kit-Formulation-Kit-for-Beginners.html

I'll probably research what else I can throw in there (peptides, niacinamide) and give it a go. I see they have a message board so I will probably ask there how to go about this.

LizzardDance,

I'm currently using Skinactives ready-made products and so far so good. I've only been using them for a week but so far would repurchase everything except 1 item. Keep us posted how you like the products if you do try them, even if they are the DIY ingredients like in that kit.

Shelbelle1331070191.42734705 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Eliz. Grant's line is also from the sea.

FUTURE1331070427.38711727 PostsRegistered 5/18/2008
On 3/6/2012 Dharma_Initiative said:
On 3/6/2012 LizzardDance said:

LizzardDance,

I'm currently using Skinactives ready-made products and so far so good. I've only been using them for a week but so far would repurchase everything except 1 item. Keep us posted how you like the products if you do try them, even if they are the DIY ingredients like in that kit.

Dharma, would you mind sharing the products you are using? I've always wanted to try La Mer, because of the rave reviews, but I can NOT bring myself to pay the price (and we won't even get into what DH would say!) :0 Thanks! ;)

tessan1331072720.8031211 PostsRegistered 8/11/2007

but I also don't believe that there is a miracle broth, or that it comes from the sea. call me cynical.

snowleopard1331074043.8971089 PostsRegistered 4/12/2008

Like all skincare, what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for another. I tried Skin Actives sea ferment stuff to compare with La Mer. Didn't come close. While my skin loves La Mer, and it absorbs beautifully, SkinActives sat on top of my skin. Never absorbed well. I'm sure others have different experiences, but that was mine.

deja vu1331138656.0136191 PostsRegistered 7/9/2007East Coast

I got my answer from Skin Actives about having a dupe for La mer...I'll put in like she did...I gave her the ingrediants off of the box as to not leave anything out.

"This is heavily fragranced (in italics the fragranced ingredients) "heavy" cream, in the sense that it contains "heavy" ingredients (in bold) that will prevent water loss:

This is not to different from Vaseline, and we don't really have an equivalent. But you could find in the supermarket something like Vaseline Hypoallergenic Intense Repair Lotion(10 oz for $4.50) and then add to it some Sea Kelp Bio-ferment."

I asked her if they had dupes for 3 of my favorite and expensive facial products that I use and like...If you go to their forum it's in the newbie category on their forum.

I did look at the ingredients and reviews of the Vaseline product at drugstore dot com...I don't know that I'll try this..but my skin truly loves the La mer cream. It must be more dry than I thought...I do believe their is something to the sea weed/sea kelp ingredients and hair growth...

Since I started using the LaMer cream and their Hydrating Infusion a month ago, I have new hair growing in all over my hairline and growing down my forehead, and brow area is getting bushier and longer, lashes have grown and thickened, and mustaches hair is growing faster. I've had to pluck hairs off my temple area, and that's a first. I use these on my eyes also as my eye products am and pm.

I'm still going to try some of the SA, products that have the Sea Kelp in them..I believe that their is something in sea products that helps my hair to grow.

deja vu

beautydiva1331139495.4032162 PostsRegistered 6/20/2006
i have tried them both and lamer is much better the skin additives did nothing for me

Nascarfan481331140696.4971525 PostsRegistered 9/6/2009

deja vu, if you read around the boards over there, alot of people use the SKF in their hair. I believe it can be added to your conditioner and also used as a hair gel (it has a similar consistancy but does not give as much "hold" as a regular gel). NCN also sells SKF and you can get it in a larger bottle.

royal flush1331326487.637651 PostsRegistered 5/4/2008

I use La Mer and also love the product but it's pricey so........ I buy a few store brand food items and more stuff at Costco so I can afford it. Most store brand cereals are good so I skip the expensive ones in ads.

endoqueen1331331486.5071274 PostsRegistered 7/6/2008parallel universe

I have used both, and the Skin Actives did nothing for me either - nothing...

Although I like La Mer, I don't like it enough to continually plunk down that kind of money.

I find that if I balance healthy eating, sleep and activity with a good basic junk-free, skin care line, then my skin and I look great. No skin care line will replace healthy living, and no skin care line will stop the aging process. Skin Care lines are to care for the health of the skin - keep cell turnover balanced, keep clean, keep moisturized and protected.

Endoqueen

Page 1 of 1