Better Than Black Friday
129 Members and 11010 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Dove shampoo now using Argan oil!!

Started 1330274694.057 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1330893781.81 by lovestodance

I get emails from the Dove company. Seems they are now adding Argan Oil to there shampoo's.

Since i have very dry,but baby fine thin hair i am wondering if Argan oil would be good for my hair.

I have been using NC curly shampoo,and Conditioner. Have permed hair but it is growing out.

Would appreciate some replies regarding my question?

Thanks,lovestodance

Page 1 of 1
Clickedy C­lack1330275587.803342 PostsRegistered 2/28/2011

Since doing an in-depth study of argan, before my trip to Morocco as a photo-journalist some 5 years ago, and visiting with promoter of the women's groups that have banded together in this hand-crafted industry to provide education for their children - I've been tremendously impressed.

Argan oil has enormous properties, has been validated for eons in Morocco, the only place where the tree will grow.

I do wonder at the amount of the oil that is in the products that tout it, including the QVC guest who sells it in various forms. My guess, realist that I am, is not much. I use the pure oil, which I brought from Morocco and buy on-line from "Aziz" <<a href="mailto:aziz3@videotron.ca">aziz3@videotron.ca>, who would welcome your questions, and please use my name (Sandra) if you do, you'd do me proud!

Some 10+ years ago a couple (Estee Lauder & l'oreal) tried to buy Moroccan property where the trees grew, unsuccessfully (fortunately). EL has had a minimal amount - especially in their French line - for about 10 years, but one would have to've searched hard to find it, yet since I was studying argan, I did. Definitely, it is a healing product, as medical research has verified.

Argan is undeniably liquid gold!

Intern1330289118.917503 PostsRegistered 2/25/2012

While true argan oil may be wonderful, it is most certainly not rare. It doesn't matter where you go, you see argan oil in everything. I am very sceptical of all the argan oil claims. It is supposedly only able to grow in another country, and only harvested on few occassions. Yet, everyone is using it in their products, both expensive and inexpensive. Either argan oil isn't rare or people are using miniscule amounts or a cheaper version of it. I really cannot speculate, but it makes me wonder.

To answer your question, some oils can weigh hair down, especially fine hair. However, I don't think the inclusion of argan oil in your shampoo would affect your hair in terms of weighing it down, and will likely be a good helper with conditioning.

VTHokie1330348189.8512 PostsRegistered 12/16/2006
On 2/26/2012 Clickedy Clack said:

Since doing an in-depth study of argan, before my trip to Morocco as a photo-journalist some 5 years ago, and visiting with promoter of the women's groups that have banded together in this hand-crafted industry to provide education for their children - I've been tremendously impressed.

Argan oil has enormous properties, has been validated for eons in Morocco, the only place where the tree will grow.

I do wonder at the amount of the oil that is in the products that tout it, including the QVC guest who sells it in various forms. My guess, realist that I am, is not much. I use the pure oil, which I brought from Morocco and buy on-line from "Aziz" <<a href="mailto:aziz3@videotron.ca">aziz3@videotron.ca>, who would welcome your questions, and please use my name (Sandra) if you do, you'd do me proud!

Some 10+ years ago a couple (Estee Lauder & l'oreal) tried to buy Moroccan property where the trees grew, unsuccessfully (fortunately). EL has had a minimal amount - especially in their French line - for about 10 years, but one would have to've searched hard to find it, yet since I was studying argan, I did. Definitely, it is a healing product, as medical research has verified.

Great info here! Thanks!

Lucky One1330358124.011235 PostsRegistered 7/15/2011
I've started using the Dove leave-in oil and I really love it .

poregirl1330366149.017425 PostsRegistered 10/12/2009great white north

it sounds great but do they animal test?

‎Enough with the animal testing. Shame on you BATH&BODYWORKS, L'oreal, Olay ,Cover Girl, Revlon, Maybelline, Neutrogena, Avon

lovestodan­ce1330637921.8034917 PostsRegistered 6/12/2006
On 2/27/2012 Lucky One said: I've started using the Dove leave-in oil and I really love it .

Thanks Lucky One, I have some samples of Dove Shampoo,and Conditioner. Have not tried it yet. I don't think they have the Argan Oil.

I have permed hair,and using NC curl shampoo,and Conditioner.

Since my perm is almost gone. Have switched to Matrix shampoo,and Conditioner for thin hair.

Did use it yesterday,and my hair seems more mananageable,and also more body then the NC ones.

Have really problem hair which is thin,sparse,and soft now frizzy,and flyaway.

Do use,and like Garnier Fructis intensely smooth leave in conditioner for Frizzy,dry unmanageable hair. Do use it in between my hair washing.

I live in a cold climate,and have Electric Heat. This time of season does leave my hair with more problems.

lovestodance

croemer1330638258.19776292 PostsRegistered 1/29/2009

One blogs rating:

The Irish Beauty Blog

"That what you gaze upon...you become"

Wadzlla1330640246.1731982 PostsRegistered 2/25/2009

Are you questioning the purity of the Argan Oil sold by Josie Maran? I doubt the Q would allow her to sell 100% pure Moraccan Argan Oil if it was not the pure oil.

Oh her webpage, she says she buys her oil from the women's cooperative that you speak of.

NeedQVCAno­nMeeting1330645783.683434 PostsRegistered 8/17/2005
On 3/1/2012 croemer said:

One blogs rating:

The Irish Beauty Blog

OMG~~~I love that blog, Croemer! What a hoot! Thanks!

I was in love with Dove's original formulas and then they changed them up and my hair didn't behave as well. I'll have to try the "New New" formulation. I have a lot of thick, coarse hair to tame.

KrissieK1330646626.47838 PostsRegistered 2/14/2012South Florida
On 2/26/2012 Intern said:

While true argan oil may be wonderful, it is most certainly not rare. It doesn't matter where you go, you see argan oil in everything. I am very sceptical of all the argan oil claims. It is supposedly only able to grow in another country, and only harvested on few occassions. Yet, everyone is using it in their products, both expensive and inexpensive. Either argan oil isn't rare or people are using miniscule amounts or a cheaper version of it. I really cannot speculate, but it makes me wonder.

To answer your question, some oils can weigh hair down, especially fine hair. However, I don't think the inclusion of argan oil in your shampoo would affect your hair in terms of weighing it down, and will likely be a good helper with conditioning.

I was wondering the same thing. Adrienne (who sells makeup and jewelry) on HSN says it comes from one tree and one tree only. They have tried planting, I'm a guessing a seed from this tree, in different areas and it won't take (so she says). I see argan oil everywhere and I know some of these items probably have 5 drops of argan oil but I see several companies that say they sell 100% pure argan oil too. So one tree, on a few occasions, is supplying all of these companies with argan oil?{#emotions_dlg.blink}

Genie, you're free.
RIP Robin Williams.

lovestodan­ce1330818254.8434917 PostsRegistered 6/12/2006

Am not sure if i should get Keratin,or Argan oil for my hair?

Have very baby fine thin,dry,hair. It is also very soft and flyaway after i wash and condition it.

Since both Keratin,and Argan seem to be the new revolution now. Am confused with which would benefit me the most?

It's really very confusing to me.

Would love to hear from anyone that has the same type of hair that i do?

My perm is starting to go,and find it hard to have the body i do like with the perm.

Am also looking for a treatment to give my hair some body. I only want the leave in type ones.

I was at the Sally beauty site,and they have many different ones. Not sure which one to get?

Just to mention i have been using Topik fiber fill in which i believe someone here recommended. I have a few calics which does not help my issues.

It does cover my scalp in area's i need.

lovestodance

sungrl11330828212.521028 PostsRegistered 12/8/2006

Just saw a commercial that Garnier is now putting argan oil in theirs too.

Last edited on 3/3/2012

Last edited on 3/3/2012

arrianna1330828675.45072 PostsRegistered 10/20/2010

Your posts are very informative, thank you.

AnnMarie-11330829112.063607 PostsRegistered 7/15/2007Western NY
On 3/3/2012 lovestodance said:

Have very baby fine thin,dry,hair. It is also very soft and flyaway after i wash and condition it.

Since both Keratin,and Argan seem to be the new revolution now. Am confused with which would benefit me the most?

My perm is starting to go,and find it hard to have the body i do like with the perm.

Am also looking for a treatment to give my hair some body. I only want the leave in type ones.

I was at the Sally beauty site,and they have many different ones. Not sure which one to get?

Just to mention i have been using Topik fiber fill in which i believe someone here recommended. I have a few calics which does not help my issues.

lovestodance

Hi Lovestodance,

Giovanni has a new hairline coming out called 2Chic....with Keratin & argon oil....I plan on trying some of the products...I too have fine, thin, dry hair

http://www.giovannicosmetics.net/

or

http://www.giovannicosmetics.com/

55 now, light-med skin tone, dark blonde hair, blue eyes

Good4u1330831572.2173202 PostsRegistered 1/12/2008USA - Midwest
On 3/1/2012 NeedQVCAnonMeeting said:

I was in love with Dove's original formulas and then they changed them up and my hair didn't behave as well. I'll have to try the "New New" formulation. I have a lot of thick, coarse hair to tame.

If this is the case...Argan oil will do wonders for you. I too have thick, course hair and AO has truly been liquid 24K gold for my hair.

Last edited on 3/3/2012

Last edited on 3/3/2012

Beauty is ALWAYS before age...(Dorthy Parker misquoted intentionally)
Light-golden warm skin tone (dry side), olive-green eyes, medium brunette: Dominant Color season - Warm Autumn.

luvdobes1330832032.083665 PostsRegistered 6/1/2010

Guess the 70 year old lady in France that threw up her arms and shouted "Argan Oil" was not aware that others had Argan Oil (Jos**ie - the only person with the 70 year old's secret to looking 50 Hmmmm). Even Adrienne has had an Argan kit for several years - not so exclusive huh? BUT - it's good stuff for moisture etc.

I am sarcastic b/c I am really tired of hearing claims that fall right on the edge of being misleading. Don't get mad I know caveat emptor but????

lovestodan­ce1330893781.814917 PostsRegistered 6/12/2006
On 3/3/2012 AnnMarie-1 said:
On 3/3/2012 lovestodance said:

lovestodance

Hi Lovestodance,

Giovanni has a new hairline coming out called 2Chic....with Keratin & argon oil....I plan on trying some of the products...I too have fine, thin, dry hair

http://www.giovannicosmetics.net/

or

http://www.giovannicosmetics.com/

Hi Ann Marie, many thanks for the info,and link.

Just went over to there web site. I emailed CS about these added ingredients.

I also let them know what type of hair i have.

Hoping to get a reply,and input on this.

Nice to know that some stores in my area carry this brand.

Am so anxious to find out more.

Many thanks again.

((lovestodance))Smile

Page 1 of 1