TSV(R) Preview
151 Members and 11002 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

why is the Lightstim no longer sold at QVC

Started 1327121381.14 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1327454744.843 by c_la_vee
replies

Looking through QVC high-tech beauty products. I noticed that the Lightstim is no longer sold by QVC. Does anyone know why they discontinued selling it?

Page 1 of 1
lyn in MI1327156571.0324580 PostsRegistered 4/29/2007SW Michigan

Lightstim is still listed as a beauty vendor, so maybe the Q is simply out of stock. The Q recently signed with Tanda, so it's also possible that will replace Lightstin as the LED product line the Q offers.

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
♥ Birman =^..^= Servant ♥

pretty_pin­k131327189279.2632 PostsRegistered 1/21/2012
I was really upset when I found out that they no longer were selling it, especially when they had it on 5 easy payments almost the whole month of December. So I called Q and I asked, what happened to lightstim? And the *rude* customer service rep pretended not to know what that even was! She was like what? What is that? I reapeated myself, lightstim..the handheld led device for wrinkles? She said uh...we have never sold that item before. I was like are you kidding me!!!???. No I said really? Yeah you did...and you don't know what that is? I'm reading the reviews on your site right now....she's asked well ughhh do you have an item #? Yeah I do. I gave it to her. She's said it looks like its been discontinued by the manufacturer. What??? Omg. And so i was even more mad...because one, I was mad that I could have bought it and I didn't and two that rep was clueless and completely rude. So what did I do? I emailed lightstim...mind you this was on new years eve. And I said did you guys stop manufacturing it? I got a reply an hour later from Steve, I think his title on his email said CEO. I was like wow that was fast and long story short no they absolutely did not stop manufacturing it and it will be returning to qvc.

itsMe1327190511.8673743 PostsRegistered 5/1/2008Sunny South Florida

I got one a couple of weeks ago from Skinstore.com. It was on sale for around $245, and I went through mrrebates and got 10% back. Total cost about $220. Can't tell yet how effective it is. I'm hoping!

Gussie20071327192575.217421 PostsRegistered 11/9/2007

My hair salon just started selling LightStim and they are getting $350 each. I've had mine for a year now but I didn't mention I got it from QVC for less.

itsMe1327203266.9073743 PostsRegistered 5/1/2008Sunny South Florida

Gussie, can you tell us about your usage and results? Thanks!

Gussie20071327254050.887421 PostsRegistered 11/9/2007

itsme,

I use this all over my face and I do my neck and hands as well - usually at different times. This has been totally the best "treatment" for my hands and neck and I wasn't expecting that bonus.

I did not take a picture before I started but followed my progress in a magnifying mirror. The first noticeable improvement was diminished pore appearance across my nose and cheekbone area. I have the unit that is designed for wrinkles but my overall complexion is better - very few breakouts over the past year and they heal quickly. My undereye dark circles are reduced by about half. I also stopped using PTR unwrinkle for my 11's and those are still diminished. My lips don't look like they are disappearing and that is without fillers. It's a gradual change but even in the first couple of weeks I could see I looked better.

If you haven't searched the BB's for LightStim you can get some really good tips from other users, too. The most important thing is to use it regularly. The first eight weeks of five times per week seemed like a lot until I started noticing the changes and then this became a part of my routine that was a pleasure.

Even though I am at a maintenance stage, I still use mine four or five times a week on my face. What I like the best is that I can smile (or frown) and I have expression lines but these lines are not deep and not so visible when I am relaxed. What I also like is that once you make this purchase you don't need any other products for support. Serums are recommended by some but most of the time I just use my unit on my clean face.

Good luck to you. HTH.

AMTH1327453661.8171 PostsRegistered 1/24/2012

Don't panic LightStim is not going away. I was at the A4M Show in Vegas and LightStim was there. They are relaunching the product on QVC in March with a big surprise so stayed tune.

nuck1327454251.23737 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Northern 'burbs of Atlanta
On 1/24/2012 AMTH said:

Don't panic LightStim is not going away. I was at the A4M Show in Vegas and LightStim was there. They are relaunching the product on QVC in March with a big surprise so stayed tune.

Uhmm, maybe a TSV? That would be nice, will be looking for the big surprise.

c_la_vee1327454744.8431832 PostsRegistered 9/2/2009

I bet the big surprise is that they made a cordless one, I would buy it again if they did.

Page 1 of 1