Guaranteed Delivery
38 Members and 17975 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

UPS Opened my package of Algenist!

Started 1326166109.053 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1326466430.773 by silverchakra

I couldn't believe it. When I got home there was my package. It had been opened.

And THEN, whoever opened it resealed it with different COLOR tape!

The nerve!

They didn't even try to cover up the crime!

There were NO safety seals on anything!

Page 1 of 2
ElvisShops1326167013.644713 PostsRegistered 1/28/2007

I once opened an HSN package that came to my house without checking the address. I order from HSN so it didn't even occur to me to make sure the package was mine. After I opened it, I had no recollection of ordering whatever it was. It was then that I looked at the address. The package was actually meant for someone else several streets over. I resealed the package and placed it for the mail carrier to pick up, along with a note explaining what had happened.

Is it possible that someone else got your package, opened it, realized it wasn't hers and resealed it?

“When I feed the hungry, they call me a saint. When I ask why people are hungry, they call me a Communist.”
― Dom Hélder Pessoa Câmara, Brazilian archbishop

BellaCarro1326167264.7838385 PostsRegistered 10/1/2011Atlanta

I get packages for an address very similiar to mine all the time. Once a pest control co. came to service. I thought DH had booked them and let them in to spray. Turns out they were supposed to be at 1111 Jones Ct not Jones Road. When I figured it out they just let me have a free service. One time a lady dropped her 8 yr old DD at my house for a play date. Wrong house! I drove the child to the correct house. Scary!

jewelsluvs­beauty1326167599.8432483 PostsRegistered 1/18/2009
On 1/9/2012 BellaCarro said:

I get packages for an address very similiar to mine all the time. Once a pest control co. came to service. I thought DH had booked them and let them in to spray. Turns out they were supposed to be at 1111 Jones Ct not Jones Road. When I figured it out they just let me have a free service. One time a lady dropped her 8 yr old DD at my house for a play date. Wrong house! I drove the child to the correct house. Scary!

Crazy parent not to check where they are dropping off their kid, especially at 8. Geezzz!!!

BellaCarro1326168075.0638385 PostsRegistered 10/1/2011Atlanta
On 1/9/2012 jewelsluvsbeauty said:

Crazy parent not to check where they are dropping off their kid, especially at 8. Geezzz!!!

I know! I was shocked. Parent never called to thank me, not that I was looking for that. I would have been mortified and sooo grateful!

pink dogwo­od1326210793.3533254 PostsRegistered 7/11/2007

This is what happens when these shopping channels start out sending via UPS then somehow drops the stuff off at US Post Offices to re-package & then ship out/deliver via USpostal. Can't even begin to tell you how griped this makes me!

You can CLEARLY tell when our packages are re-boxed and shipped by USPostal. I don't at all understand this process - how do they do this? WHo gets paid for the shipping & handling? What kind of deals are going on b/t these two shipping companies? I just don't get it.

Very recently I received an order that was clearly re-packaged then sent to me - wasn't in any type of QVC packaging AND my sales slip was even in my package!!!!!!!!!! So there's all my info floating around out there for who knows who to see!

Then if/when we return and use the provided return label, if you read it they say you can drop it at a local US postal OR UPS store. I know for a fact return labels are like this from HSn.com & shopnbc.com (although I've closed my accnt w/shopnbc months ago b/c they REALLY angered me with cheap jewelry products - shortly thereafter they had the nerve to contact me begging me to come back "we miss you" - yeah right!).

In any event, I don't know why our goods are touched and re-packaged by who knows how many people. This truly bugs the cr*p out of me! {#emotions_dlg.angry} {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Teapot1326212424.2771995 PostsRegistered 7/31/2006

I wish manufacturers would be forced to put seals on beauty products just like drug companies do. I always get annoyed trying to get the seal off of a liner pencil (it never tears all the way down the dotted lines for me!) but at least I know for sure no one has used it.

It was a good thing you were at home, Bella. Imagine that poor kid ringing and knocking and no one answering the door.

rina331326213447.8735041 PostsRegistered 6/17/2008
On 1/10/2012 wonderwoman3 said:

This is what happens when these shopping channels start out sending via UPS then somehow drops the stuff off at US Post Offices to re-package & then ship out/deliver via USpostal. Can't even begin to tell you how griped this makes me!

In any event, I don't know why our goods are touched and re-packaged by who knows how many people. This truly bugs the cr*p out of me! {#emotions_dlg.angry} {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Yep. It's really stupid. FedEx and UPS are trying to keep the US Postal Service afloat by dumping our packages @ the Post Office instead of our homes. For example, when I went to the PO this a.m. to return the Algenist, my UPS guy was there. So, instead of getting my packages TODAY (I live across the street from the PO), he dumps them @ the PO, and I don't get my packages until tomorrow. Another problem with this is, there's no way to track who or WHERE your package was violated. I think the workers see "QVC" on the box, and out of curiousity, just open it, knowing they can reseal it, and remain anonymous. I bought the Algenist kit. NONE of the items had safety seals. Do you think I'm gonna put any of that stuff on my face after the box was opened by who knows where??? .. Not!

Last edited on 1/10/2012

Last edited on 1/10/2012

Josea9221326215049.6374367 PostsRegistered 11/20/2006
On 1/9/2012 jewelsluvsbeauty said:

I know! I was shocked. Parent never called to thank me, not that I was looking for that. I would have been mortified and sooo grateful!

OMG she must have been so embarrassed she couldn't even call to thank you. As the mother of a 9 year old DD, I'd like to say thanks! If it were my daughter I would be so grateful a kind-hearted soul opened the door instead of some creep.

ValentinaB­on1326215156.656934 PostsRegistered 3/18/2011

So why do you think UPS opened up your package?

DUH....WENing! :)

Desertdi1326215348.12316361 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007Surface of the Sun

It's possible the package just accidentally broke open during transit, and they just re-sealed it.

BellaCarro1326215444.988385 PostsRegistered 10/1/2011Atlanta

Okay, I guess I'm naive. I had no idea the items were re-packaged. I, too, hate the transferral to USPS. It takes at least two days longer for me but being re-packaged takes on a whole new dimension of irritation. I really don't think any of mine have been re-packaged.

di-mc1326215507.197567 PostsRegistered 12/4/2006the real world
On 1/10/2012 Desertdi said:

It's possible the package just accidentally broke open during transit, and they just re-sealed it.

That's definitely possible. Besides, don't they and all shippers have the right to inspect packages? I always thought they did, I could be mistaken.

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.
Alexis de Tocqueville

ValentinaB­on1326215546.846934 PostsRegistered 3/18/2011

They don't repackage the items. My ups often transfers to USPS because I live in a remote area and they do NOT repackage them...the label has both the ups and the usps tracking numbers.

BellaCarro1326216025.5538385 PostsRegistered 10/1/2011Atlanta
On 1/10/2012 ValentinaBon said:

They don't repackage the items. My ups often transfers to USPS because I live in a remote area and they do NOT repackage them...the label has both the ups and the usps tracking numbers.

I don't think being in a remote area is how the decision is made to transfer. I live in the city limits and it happens about 50% of the time with HSN and almost 100% with QVC. I wonder what the reduction is to shippers when agreeing to this transfer?

ValentinaB­on1326216200.966934 PostsRegistered 3/18/2011
On 1/10/2012 BellaCarro said:

I don't think being in a remote area is how the decision is made to transfer. I live in the city limits and it happens about 50% of the time with HSN and almost 100% with QVC. I wonder what the reduction is to shippers when agreeing to this transfer?

That is just what I was told by my USPS carrier. I am sure there are other reasons as well.

Last edited on 1/10/2012

Last edited on 1/10/2012

momcat1326217779.266462 PostsRegistered 9/12/2010

Absolutely correct. It amazes me that anyone here would think such a thing. And, I'll state for the one million-ith time - I've been receiving packages that start off with UPS and transferred to USPS for over 2 years and have never had one issue with it. Always on time, and in perfect condition, so we are no closer to an explanation of why the OP's Algenist was opened. The mis-delivery makes the most sense so far.

Let me know if you suddenly become interesting.

BellaCarro1326218271.6078385 PostsRegistered 10/1/2011Atlanta
On 1/10/2012 momcat said:

Absolutely correct. It amazes me that anyone here would think such a thing. And, I'll state for the one million-ith time - I've been receiving packages that start off with UPS and transferred to USPS for over 2 years and have never had one issue with it. Always on time, and in perfect condition, so we are no closer to an explanation of why the OP's Algenist was opened. The mis-delivery makes the most sense so far.

Thanks for the clairification on the packaging. I did not see how that could be the case, at least with mine. I've seeen no evidence of it. As for the transer from UPS to USPS I know it causes delays for my items. If I track and see the arrival scan at my nearby UPS facility that day and then "out for delivery" I will get it that day. If I see the arrival scan and then transferred to local post office it will be at least two more days before I get it. I kow this for a fact as I;ve seen it over and over. If I really wanted to I could pay extra for shipping and get it directly from UPS. So while it irritates me it's apparantly not enough for me to pay more. I guess my gripe with it is that Q's crazy high shipping warrants direct w/out a transfer. But, as a consumer I do have options.

tototwo1326219012.842689 PostsRegistered 2/8/2008Great Plains

I seriously doubt that UPS opened yours - or anybody else's - package on purpose. Packages get broken or opened in transit all the time. I'm sure they just resealed your broken package before delivering it.

Over Christmas I received 2 boxes that had been repackaged and had printed "form" notes taped to them from USPS that stated they had received the boxes opened/broken, and that they had repackaged them before forwarding on. It happens.

A woman is like a teabag ~ you can't tell how strong she is till you put her in hot water.

rina331326221232.955041 PostsRegistered 6/17/2008
On 1/10/2012 Desertdi said:

Nope. It was CUT all the way around with scissors ... a special type of scissor .. I forgot what it's called, but it has "squiggly" edges; they're not straight. My issue was, how do I know someone didn't put their FINGER in one of my creams? Had the products had safety seals, I would've kept them, and it would've been a non-issue. Re: the previous poster who asked, "how do I know UPS opened my package" .... I don't know WHO, WHEN or WHERE my pkg was opened.

Perhaps I should change the title of this thread, as I do LIKE UPS, and I especially like my UPS guy. But that's the dilemma with the mail system ... when the mail goes from vendor to UPS or FedEx to the PO ... you really don't know where the carelessness starts.

ok4ablonde21326221354.3478837 PostsRegistered 3/9/2009Midwest

You can CLEARLY tell when our packages are re-boxed and shipped by USPostal. I don't at all understand this process - how do they do this? WHo gets paid for the shipping & handling? What kind of deals are going on b/t these two shipping companies? I just don't get it.

Very recently I received an order that was clearly re-packaged then sent to me - wasn't in any type of QVC packaging AND my sales slip was even in my package!!!!!!!!!! So there's all my info floating around out there for who knows who to see!

The post office doesn't do that. I have no idea where you got that idea. Both UPS and FedEx do this type of shipping now. It's called UPS Basic, with Fedex it's called SmartPost. It's cheaper for the shipper. And it doesn't matter if you are rural or in a large city, it's all about saving money for the shipper. (I live in a large city and this started about a year ago).

Last edited on 1/10/2012

Last edited on 1/10/2012

"We're all mad here." - The Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland

rina331326221616.385041 PostsRegistered 6/17/2008

Afterthought - I didn't get home till after 9PM. So .. It's possible SOMEONE could've walked up to my front door, removed the package, opened it, taped it back up, and put it back on my doorstep. That would exonerate UPS and the PO of all responsibility. I DID have a pair of boots stolen off my front porch in November.

rina331326221907.8875041 PostsRegistered 6/17/2008

Unfortunately, I can't change the HEADING of this thread. I'm sorry I blamed this on UPS, as they prolly didn't do it.

{#emotions_dlg.sad}

I really LIKE UPS. My mistake ... my apolgies.

pink dogwo­od1326222078.063254 PostsRegistered 7/11/2007

If you think this does not happen you are sadly mistaken. When A package starts out w/all of the UPS info, mailing label, etc and it arrives to you delivered by you mailman clearly in anything other than UPS that it started in, clearly repackaged by someone.

If you've ever tracked a UPS order and follow the tracks of info and then all of a sudden changes to USPS (US Postal Service) - something happened somehwere along the transport lines.

AND to boot when you get those plastice bags with the return seal taping to close if you return AND the taping has already been used, what do you thin happened? It was opend and sealed closed with the sealing tape it originated with. Oh and not to mention your sales receipt is missing from your package? Guess what?

ok4ablonde21326225097.4478837 PostsRegistered 3/9/2009Midwest

If you think this does not happen you are sadly mistaken. When A package starts out w/all of the UPS info, mailing label, etc and it arrives to you delivered by you mailman clearly in anything other than UPS that it started in, clearly repackaged by someone.

If you've ever tracked a UPS order and follow the tracks of info and then all of a sudden changes to USPS (US Postal Service) - something happened somehwere along the transport lines.

If that is happening to ALL your items, there's something fishy going on at YOUR post office. But there is a fairly new UPS service, it's called UPS Basic. It's NOT UPS Ground which we've all had in the past. With UPS Basic, a large amount of items are all shipped to the local post office, where UPS hands the packages off to the Post Office, then the PO delivers to you. That saves the shipper lots of money. But the post office never opens and repackages the items.

"We're all mad here." - The Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland

icezeus1326225269.3074730 PostsRegistered 10/30/2010Southern California
On 1/10/2012 momcat said:

Chalk me up for another person that has never had a problem with packages being transferred over the USPS. The only difference is that whatever I have ordered will arive a day later. However, I am still alive so it has not killed me yet having to wait that extra day.

I also believe that it was mis-delivered. One block over the residents and I have the exact same address. Different street names but the same numbers. Every blue moon I will receive something for them, and just drop it back in the mail, and I assume vice verse. Nor harm no foul

I really do not think there is some big conspiracy to steal our items that are marked QVC or HSN although, I would never say that it never happens.

Page 1 of 2