Weekend Preview
18 Members and 8359 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Lisa Robertson's new show ---what's it all about?

Started 1325992378.39 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1330317416.8 by baby burns

There was discussion on Friday Night Beauty that she was nervous about her new show. I assumed it was on QVC, but I don't know. Is it a talk show or a fashion type show?

She works too hard at being "perfect" all the time. Too much pressure on any woman unless you are Kim K.

Page 1 of 2
Subject1325992593.59311269 PostsRegistered 2/24/2007

Selling clothes and beauty items that Lisa never herself uses.... nothing new.

RealLoisLa­ne1325992654.47440 PostsRegistered 8/5/2010
On 1/7/2012 newport said:

I believe she doesn't wear any clothes sold on the Q ---Denim & Co. and Quaker Factory, but she surely wears the makeup and skincare.

MISERABLE661325992835.9434828 PostsRegistered 12/7/2010Noo Yawk

Its PM Style with a new name.

"Being miserable and treating people like dirt, is every New Yorkers god given right." - The mayor from Ghostbusters 2

Subject1325992955.92311269 PostsRegistered 2/24/2007
On 1/7/2012 RealLoisLane said:

I believe she doesn't wear any clothes sold on the Q ---Denim & Co. and Quaker Factory, but she surely wears the makeup and skincare.

I do not believe it.

baby burns1325993154.6638793 PostsRegistered 12/9/2007

i was under the impression, that she would be on other qvc shows, like on one in canada, one in europe, now iam just using those names, i do not know if this is true, as sort of an expert or vendor in these lines. qvc wants to be global, and other people will be on the shows. i may be all wrong, but that is what i got out of the article i read. the idea that it would be shown all over the world.

Portia1325997076.82607 PostsRegistered 12/6/2006USA

http://www.qvc.com/cgen/render.aspx?qp=promo|LRS&rewrite=no

Last edited on 1/7/2012

Last edited on 1/7/2012

"If we may not think alike, may we love alike." ~John Wesley

santorini1325997221.217087 PostsRegistered 1/26/2007

Is that why she's in India?

isaboo1325997493.2331842 PostsRegistered 3/6/2007Texas

LoL - so true.

ValentinaB­on1325997556.036934 PostsRegistered 3/18/2011
On 1/7/2012 Portia said:

Last edited on 1/7/2012

Isn't that kind of what she already does on her PM style show (is that the name? The one on Tuesday night)? Is she still doing that show then too? And no more Friday night beauty? I don't want to watch fashion and beauty stuff...just the beauty stuff!

Also from her facebook page:

Guess what?! This February, a brand-new show is coming to QVC..."The Lisa Robertson Show"! I'm really excited about it. But it's not just because I'll be your humble host. Every Friday night, we're going to give you your own personal magazine/ trunk show/ private party, (all good things :) We're bringing you amazing ideas and we'll show you how to make them your own. We're sitting down with your favorite designers and introducing you to some up-and-coming trendsetters. More details to come in the coming weeks. Check here for updates:http://qvc.co/LRSShow

Last edited on 1/7/2012

Last edited on 1/7/2012

DUH....WENing! :)

Daysdee1325997810.93319025 PostsRegistered 1/23/2007
On 1/7/2012 isaboo said:

LoL - so true.

I agree. Just another way to try and sell stuff.

brat1325998279.68136 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

She will be selling black jeans, black tank, uber tall shoes, faux tanner, faux hair and teaching us how to stand so we look thinner. Sorry, she just isn't my idea of a fashionista. QVC keeps showing her in website pics in clothes that either aren't available at QVC or were benefit items that sold out months ago (the red & black scarf). So I don't expect much from the show. To me it says alot that QVC can't even post pics of her in QVC items. {#emotions_dlg.glare}

TDnTX1325999906.5360 PostsRegistered 8/28/2010
On 1/7/2012 ValentinaBon said:
On 1/7/2012 Portia said:

Last edited on 1/7/2012

Isn't that kind of what she already does on her PM style show (is that the name? The one on Tuesday night)? Is she still doing that show then too? And no more Friday night beauty? I don't want to watch fashion and beauty stuff...just the beauty stuff!

Also from her facebook page:

Guess what?! This February, a brand-new show is coming to QVC..."The Lisa Robertson Show"! I'm really excited about it. But it's not just because I'll be your humble host. Every Friday night, we're going to give you your own personal magazine/ trunk show/ private party, (all good things :) We're bringing you amazing ideas and we'll show you how to make them your own. We're sitting down with your favorite designers and introducing you to some up-and-coming trendsetters. More details to come in the coming weeks. Check here for updates:http://qvc.co/LRSShow

Last edited on 1/7/2012

hmmm...sitting down with your favorite designers? sounds like Basso, Mizrahi, etc. They'll be selling their stuff they sell on qvc and how to add them to your wardrobe. QVC isn't going to do a show about fashions that aren't sold on qvc! I wish they would get some new designers and fresh fashions...now that would be an amazing idea!

BurbankKate1326003380.8936188 PostsRegistered 11/18/2007Home of: Disney Studios,W. Bros, Nickelodeon, Cartoon network, media capital of the world
On 1/7/2012 brat said:

She will be selling black jeans, black tank, uber tall shoes, faux tanner, faux hair and teaching us how to stand so we look thinner. Sorry, she just isn't my idea of a fashionista. QVC keeps showing her in website pics in clothes that either aren't available at QVC or were benefit items that sold out months ago (the red & black scarf). So I don't expect much from the show. To me it says alot that QVC can't even post pics of her in QVC items. {#emotions_dlg.glare}

ITA Brat about the Q not posting pix of her wearing Q clothes. She would never wear Q clothes...we're talking about an ex beauty pagaent queen from the 80's...no way she's going to put on Q clothes. LR is strictly high end.

- A government big enough to give you everything you want, is then strong enough to take everything you have.
- Thomas Jefferson

HallieD1326038592.233814 PostsRegistered 5/30/2009

Amazing.

neineih1326039879.833836 PostsRegistered 6/19/2011

Not knowing the woman, I have no idea what she does or doesn't use or wear, I can't imagine how anyone would.

However, I certainly don't expect the sales associates at B&M stores to only wear and use what their stores sell, so, why would I expect that of a TV shopping channel host?

There are models on the shows to present the fashions, that's their job. Whether the Host's do or dont wear QVC fashions doesn't make a whit of difference to me.

MarthaStew­ardess1326039929.997295 PostsRegistered 11/14/2006

Probably be something like the ridiculous Posh Show a few weeks ago. Same s#%&, different day, all dolled up to make the viewer believe it's something new and exciting.

millieshops1326040402.2515079 PostsRegistered 3/15/2007

I really don't care if she wears what she sells. Personally, I doubt she does on a regular basis, but what about the other hosts?

I never see anyone complaining that Sandra who presented D&Co a few nights ago doesn't wear it herself - but never, never, never do I think she wears it any more often than Lisa does! Do I think she should" Do I think she has to? Absolutely not.

When posters put the down the same host over and over again with the same lame reasons, I just start to think of who else fits their complaint! I never imagine Lisa should change. I like her better than any other host. I will tune in to check out her show.

Peg551326041138.551544 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

i enjoy watching her and i think she is a good host and an awfully pretty lady

but i have to be honest i never really see her wearing clothes from the Q

when she is on PM Style she wears her favorite wide leg jeans and always a black top and then she would throw on whatever is being shown at the time. she does this throughout the show

to be honest i cannot see her wearing any Quaker Factory or Denim and Co clothes or even Susan Graver

I think she has her own style of clothing when she is off the air; as she always says or did say that she loves going into New York. I bet she buys her clothes in the city

I just think she keeps it simple when she is on camera as she can then try on whatever is being shown at the time. I also think she loves neutral tones; as in blacks and beiges, etc

She does look fantastic when they dress her up for a jewelry show

I don't believe she wears anymore makeup than half the movie stars out there; even Miss Kim K

so what if she likes to self tan? I don't understand why that bothers people. Maybe she feels her skin tone is way too light. I didn't even realize she does that until these posters brought it up

rina331326041538.294913 PostsRegistered 6/17/2008
On 1/7/2012 Portia said:

Last edited on 1/7/2012

Thank you. I signed up for reminders. Should be fun!

stevieb1326042371.57329864 PostsRegistered 11/4/2007
On 1/8/2012 millieshops said:

I really don't care if she wears what she sells. Personally, I doubt she does on a regular basis, but what about the other hosts?

I never see anyone complaining that Sandra who presented D&Co a few nights ago doesn't wear it herself - but never, never, never do I think she wears it any more often than Lisa does! Do I think she should" Do I think she has to? Absolutely not.

When posters put the down the same host over and over again with the same lame reasons, I just start to think of who else fits their complaint! I never imagine Lisa should change. I like her better than any other host. I will tune in to check out her show.

I agree with your comments to the letter...

And of course the show will be about selling, that's what QVC does. I only hope it won't be a new name for the same old stuff, because all too often that's what QVC does too!

icezeus1326049727.94561 PostsRegistered 10/30/2010Southern California
On 1/8/2012 Peg55 said:

i enjoy watching her and i think she is a good host and an awfully pretty lady

but i have to be honest i never really see her wearing clothes from the Q

when she is on PM Style she wears her favorite wide leg jeans and always a black top and then she would throw on whatever is being shown at the time. she does this throughout the show

to be honest i cannot see her wearing any Quaker Factory or Denim and Co clothes or even Susan Graver

I think she has her own style of clothing when she is off the air; as she always says or did say that she loves going into New York. I bet she buys her clothes in the city

I just think she keeps it simple when she is on camera as she can then try on whatever is being shown at the time. I also think she loves neutral tones; as in blacks and beiges, etc

She does look fantastic when they dress her up for a jewelry show

I don't believe she wears anymore makeup than half the movie stars out there; even Miss Kim K

so what if she likes to self tan? I don't understand why that bothers people. Maybe she feels her skin tone is way too light. I didn't even realize she does that until these posters brought it up

ITA,

I can't see myself wearing 95% of what the Q sells. She performs her job, and obviously does it well. I don't see why people get so worked up about her not wearing "Q" clothes. Whenever, I watch PM Style, she is constantly changing in and out of the jackets, tunics and such that are offered. That's good enough for me. I guess that is why they have the models to present what is being sold. That is there job.

It's quite simple, if you don't like her. Don't watch her.

Shawn and Rick also have new show coming out next month as well.

csv3201326050150.046724 PostsRegistered 6/24/2007

Lord, like she's not into herself enough already as it is.

straitgirl1326050215.92321645 PostsRegistered 7/29/2006

I thought she already had her own shows.

Shelbyspri­ngs1330297964.2435 PostsRegistered 3/5/2011

I enjoy watching Lisa Robertson as a host. I think she can be pretty funny and offers up amazing details on a product. However, I have to say that her jeans/trousers always look ridiculously long. YOu can't see her feet or shoes and I remember her remarking how this elongates you and makes you look taller. I think it makes her look shorter and like she is wearing a taller person's pants. The models don't wear their pants like that. She also doesn't seem very friendly to Susan Graver when they are on together. Is it my imagination?

bunky6031330299384.42310105 PostsRegistered 2/11/2012
On 1/8/2012 mj198 said:

Lord, like she's not into herself enough already as it is.

Amen Sista !!!!!!

Just another show I won't be watching.

~~~~Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God. ~~~~

Page 1 of 2