TSV(R) Preview
52 Members and 10998 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Paula's Choice Resist skincare...What are your reviews on it?

Started 1324994378.067 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1325022109.773 by Dharma_Initiative
I was thinking about ordering the Resist collection and her foundation but needed some reviews first.

Page 1 of 1
GreenEyedG­irl1324996733.22140 PostsRegistered 11/19/2007Beautiful Maryland

Thanks for the thread, LadyEagles! I think Paula's Choice Resist is next on my list to try. Can't wait for the responses!

"It's never too late to be who you were meant to be."

Milesdavis1324997208.571087 PostsRegistered 10/1/2011
I love her products. My skin is clearer and healthier than its been in 15 years since switching to her line. My favorites are her skin balancing cleanser, 2% bha, lip balm, aha duo, skin barrier repair moisturizer, sheer matte tint and mineral SPF 15. I highly recommend.

janey21324997450.76231 PostsRegistered 6/7/2010

I have been using more and more of her products, and saving a ton of money. I find her products to be equal and in some cases better than the high-end department store brands. I am currenting using her Resist Ultimate anti-Aging hand cream, lip and body treatment balm, and the best facial cleanser I ever used (even for triple the price),Moisture Boost one step face cleanser. I just ordered the Resist Skin Resurfacing and Smoothing system.

bella-luna1324997456.7432538 PostsRegistered 2/4/2007TN

Overall, I'm pleased with this line...but...although I do like the cleanser, I find that when I swipe my face with the toner, I still have traces of makeup on the cotton pad. Not gray, dead skin traces...it's clearly makeup. I massage the cleanser on my face about a minute, but still end up with traces of makeup when using the toner. Also, I do NOT use a ton of mascara - maybe 2 coats and more often than not, I don't even put mascara on my bottom lashes - I don't use waterproof mascara and invariably, I have mascara smudges under my eyes after washing, too. I don't really care for the day time moisturizer - you have to knead it and it still is kinda curdled-looking. I only use the AHA once a day because my skin can't take it both morning and night. I do LOVE the serum (I only use it at night) and the night time moisturizer is good.

I hope this helps!

Milesdavis1324998377.811087 PostsRegistered 10/1/2011
On 12/27/2011 bella-luna said:

Overall, I'm pleased with this line...but...although I do like the cleanser, I find that when I swipe my face with the toner, I still have traces of makeup on the cotton pad. Not gray, dead skin traces...it's clearly makeup. I massage the cleanser on my face about a minute, but still end up with traces of makeup when using the toner. Also, I do NOT use a ton of mascara - maybe 2 coats and more often than not, I don't even put mascara on my bottom lashes - I don't use waterproof mascara and invariably, I have mascara smudges under my eyes after washing, too. I don't really care for the day time moisturizer - you have to knead it and it still is kinda curdled-looking. I only use the AHA once a day because my skin can't take it both morning and night. I do LOVE the serum (I only use it at night) and the night time moisturizer is good.

I hope this helps!

Which cleanser? She has several. I never have this problem with her skin balancing cleanser. EDIT: I wanted to add that I use a makeup remover first (I go over my skin with a bad of aquaphor) and then use a washcloth with the cleanser so that could be why I don't have a problem with makeup removal.

Last edited on 12/27/2011

4doggies13249989373501 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I have been using the Resist line for about 9 months, I couldn't be happier. I use the 10% AHA several times a week, the Antioxidant Serum, and the Skin Remodeling Complex.

I never had a problem with breakouts or sun damage, I have good skin, but at 60 I felt it was getting dull looking and I was developing visible pores. My pores are invisible now, and my skin has a much smoother and brighter texture. Of course I wasn't expecting any change in nose to mouth lines, I don't believe there's any topical that can address this, but overall my skin looks greatly improved and healthy. I plan to try the new retinol moisturizer when I run out of my current stash. I highly recommend these products!

Nadine1324999870.061447 PostsRegistered 6/17/2006

I have several of the Resist products. I don't care for the cleanser, the one she has for dry skin I really like. The Resist cleanser leaves traces of makeup. I don't care for the serum because it is full of silicones and it feels oily on my skin. The daytime moisturizer with sunscreen is nice and I use it over whatever line I'm using that day. I think overall the line is good and very reasonable.

hawkeyegirl1324999909.823106 PostsRegistered 11/17/2004

I bought the Resist kit in June around my birthday. Unfortunately, I wasn't impressed. Guess I will go back to what I was using before, which was a mixture of product lines and products.

Jane

wilma132500060413128 PostsRegistered 7/10/2007

I use the Resist weekly treatment product in conjunction with her acne line. After reading many reviews about how the Resist weekly treatment product helped people with acne prone skin I contacted CS, and they told me how I should use it in conjunction with her acne line, so I decided to give it a try.

I have not noticed any changes since adding the Resist 2 months ago. I doubt I will reorder it when I finish using it up. My skin has improved since using her regular strength acne line (been using that 5 months).

Btw the weekly Resist product does burn a little when applied, but this subsides after a moment or two.

ShakesPeer1325000747.34301 PostsRegistered 4/9/2011Florida

I have been using the line for several months now and love most everything in it. I can't say I look 10 years younger, but I can say my skin is in the best shape it's ever been and I'll be 45 next month. For the price I paid for single serums, I am getting the entire Resist line. I still use a few other brands mixed in (WHINE serum w/vitamin c booster powder), and do weekly at home peels which I feel all contribute to the way my skin looks. Here are some of my comments on the specific Resist products I use.

Cleanser -moisturizing but doesn't remove makeup very well. I have to rely on the toner to pick up remaining foundation.

Remodeling Complex Toner - best product in her line. Sometimes this is the last step in my routine at night after washing my makeup off. Extremely moisturizing and leaves skin feeling supple and not tight.

5% & 10% AHA - excellent and non-irritating. I use the 5% twice daily and 10% 3 X per week.

2% BHA Gel - superb BHA, really keeps my pores clear and skin smooth. I use it 3 - 4 times per week.

Antioxidant Serum - at least as good as Dr. Denese' Hydroshield and 1/4 the price. Excellent serum.

Barrier Repair Moisturizer - Love it. Leaves my skin silky smooth and hydrated.

Daily Moisturizer w/SPF 25 - the only product that I'm struggling with. I can't use that much because it leaves my skin tacky and never really absorbs completely into my skin. I continue to use Dr. Denese' SPF 30 Defense Day Cream as it's 3 products in one; moisturizer, SPF and foundation.

Hope this helps. I think you'll really like the products, and her customer service is top notch.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." Wayne Gretzky

bella-luna1325001653.9132538 PostsRegistered 2/4/2007TN
On 12/27/2011 rory_calhoun said:
On 12/27/2011 bella-luna said:

I hope this helps!

Which cleanser? She has several. I never have this problem with her skin balancing cleanser. EDIT: I wanted to add that I use a makeup remover first (I go over my skin with a bad of aquaphor) and then use a washcloth with the cleanser so that could be why I don't have a problem with makeup removal.

The RESIST Cleanser is what I was referring to; that's what the OP was asking about. I can't use makeup removers, as they tend to break me out (I'm 51 and I've tried several). Also, I normally do use a baby washcloth to help with removing my makeup for the day.

PurplePink1325001985.9671129 PostsRegistered 10/29/2010

General Advice

I have followed her and I used the products she recommended for quite a while before I actually ordered her products. My best advice is to always order samples - her products are all great on "paper" but until you try them on your skin and compare them you can't know for sure how you like them. Also do not order an entire set at first - you might not like them all, and you can get a better deal by buying a only few at a time (instead of a whole set) because she always has some sort of sale on certain types of products.

My experience/review

I use a few products from the Resist line and the Skin Recovery line (for dry skin). I can tell you that although I understand the importance of fragrance-free products, fragrance-free products are not odor-free products. Some of her products (although they were full of great ingredients) just smelled weird and I could not get past that. I know it is a psychological thing, but to me that mattered. Samples are the best way to see what you like, how your skin reacts to her products and her samples are very generous I get at least 3-4 uses out of each.

I like her: Skin Recovery Treatment Mask (as a night cream), her Resist Toner (as a light moisturizer) and her 8% AHA (I use it only 3 times a week). I did not like the texture or smell of her Skin Recovery serum or her Skin Recovery moisturizer. Her Skin Recovery Cleanser is very similar to Olay's Foaming Face Wash for sensitive skin - which is also much cheaper.

Hope this helped.

Milesdavis1325002327.7331087 PostsRegistered 10/1/2011

YOu should call their customer service. I'm sure after a phone consultation they would send you lots of samples of appropriate products for your skin. They have the best customer service.

Thatwhitec­at1325004300.523261 PostsRegistered 1/13/2009

Ditto for everything ShakesPeer wrote. I began using the Resist line in September of 2011 and must say that my skin is smoother and less crepey. I use everything SPeer does with maybe a few from the Skin Recovery line thrown in depending upon my need. My esty is impressed with the texture of my skin and the nurse who does my fillers says the same. I am 63 and will not try to fool myself or you guys that I am some miracle that now looks 50 - however, the line is reasonably priced and works for me.

StellaDiva1325009272.491134 PostsRegistered 10/15/2011

I like everything except the lightening lotion with AHA (made both my and my husband's face break out), the antioxidant serum (can't stand the consistency) and the SPF moisturizer because it separates and the dispensing cap is terrible. I was told to knead the moisturizer which is ridiculous. I still use it on my neck.

BTW, previous comment about fragrance vs odor free. There isn't a legal or unified definition of this but when I was in the industry about 20 years ago, we used the terms unscented or fragrance free to mean that the product didn't have added fragrance and what you smell is the odor of the ingredients (which were in the product for reasons other than smell). If we added an odor blocker, we couldn't/wouldn't label it unscented because the odor blocker was technically a fragrance. Some brands might use the terms differently. I agree some of her older products have a weird smell but I haven't tried them again so they may have been reformulated.

PurplePink1325010425.3171129 PostsRegistered 10/29/2010
On 12/27/2011 StellaDiva said:

BTW, previous comment about fragrance vs odor free. There isn't a legal or unified definition of this but when I was in the industry about 20 years ago, we used the terms unscented or fragrance free to mean that the product didn't have added fragrance and what you smell is the odor of the ingredients (which were in the product for reasons other than smell). If we added an odor blocker, we couldn't/wouldn't label it unscented because the odor blocker was technically a fragrance. Some brands might use the terms differently. I agree some of her older products have a weird smell but I haven't tried them again so they may have been reformulated.

I get your point. I was just pointing it out, because in my naivety I was surprised to find out that her products had a weird smell to it even though they were fragrance free. Obviously, I then realized that each of the ingredients could have its own odor and that what I was smelling was the "raw" deal as nothing was added to block/mask it. I added the comment because, maybe like in my case, some people will be discouraged from using a product because of the product's odor.

Dharma_Ini­tiative1325010765.5974147 PostsRegistered 7/16/2007

I'm currently using the Super Antioxidant Serum and like it. It goes on sort of like a primer, makes your skin very smooth). However, I'm not happy that Paula won't tell what the % of Vitamin C is in this serum so I'm going to try the Devita 17% Vitamin C serum next.

I did purchase a backup of the PC Super Antiox Serum so if I end up liking Devita better, anyone want it?

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I have a sample of the Resist Hand Cream and it seems very nice. It's thick and very moisturizing without being too greasy. At least that's how the sample seems.

BellaCarro1325020983.347998 PostsRegistered 10/1/2011Atlanta
On 12/27/2011 Dharma_Initiative said:

I'm currently using the Super Antioxidant Serum and like it. It goes on sort of like a primer, makes your skin very smooth). However, I'm not happy that Paula won't tell what the % of Vitamin C is in this serum so I'm going to try the Devita 17% Vitamin C serum next.

I did purchase a backup of the PC Super Antiox Serum so if I end up liking Devita better, anyone want it?

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I have a sample of the Resist Hand Cream and it seems very nice. It's thick and very moisturizing without being too greasy. At least that's how the sample seems.

Dharma-were you able to find the Devita serum? My Whole Foods does not have it. Just wondering if it is worth an online search.

Dharma_Ini­tiative1325022109.774147 PostsRegistered 7/16/2007

Yes, I'm going to buy it from Vitacost as soon as they offer free shipping on a $25 order (usually it's $49). That's the cheapest price I've found (when you figure in free shipping).

Page 1 of 1