Weekend Preview
157 Members and 11953 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

I hate my pores, I hate my pores, I hate my pores!!!!!!!

Started 1323984262.427 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1324085634.487 by JENLOVESTOSHOP

I hate my pores.....Just venting.

I received some more Chanel foundation samples and after applying, all I could see are PORES.

Retin-A...Differin...Benzo...BHA...AHA.....masks.......etc....I am using or have used. Still Pores.

OK lovely ladies of this BB, what in heavens to Betsy can I can do about them.

Do you have any foundation suggestions for covering these horrible craters of the skin?

I generally never say hate, but I really hate my pores.

Page 1 of 2
EstyWA1323984482.7131578 PostsRegistered 11/7/2011
If you have an issue with covering your pores with makeup, make a paste with a heavier primer (smashbox photo finish works well for this) take a little bit of your foundation mix it with the primer and tap it on to your nose and any other area you have enlarged pores. Set with powder When my pores are feeling a bit bunked I will actually apply a thicker layer of my retin-a micro on my nose at night (leave it on like a mask) and in the morning the pores look way more refined.

poodlpoo1323984743.2834265 PostsRegistered 10/23/2010

Girlfriend, I can feel your pain!! I recently tried the beauty blender, and I have found that really applying pressure when putting it on problem spots, does help. I mean I just press the sponge into the skin with a fair amount of pressure, and do it several times. I think it helps somewhat, but nothing really seems to work. I am looking into having the Pearl done soon. I have researched these type of treatments to alleviate skin problems such as large pores and acne marks, and this one seems to be the one that will really help. It isn't cheap, but when you factor in all the money you spend on products trying to help reduce them, this way you would save a ton of money on products, as u won't NEED them anymore. I just think it is something that all people with this concern should look into. People always say they don't have the money, but most places offer payment plans and again, you will save a ton in makeup, primer, treatments, etc. You will generally have to use less makeup, and that in itself is a blessing. Plus, it isn't temporary. It truly renews your skin with the added benefits of reducing wrinkles and uneven skin. The before and afters are truly amazing. One thing...if you have really bad issues, sometimes more than one treatment is needed to achieve your desired results. I think it is worth it. I say...fix the problem, don't try to cover it up. No OTC product will ever help. We've tried!!! Good luck!

raildog1323984743.7971116 PostsRegistered 9/19/2010

I am using .3 Differin now so I will do the paste thing tonight. Thanks for the rec.

raildog1323985045.2071116 PostsRegistered 9/19/2010

Poodlpoo, what is it? I have not heard of that procedure. I went to my Derm last week to have acne surgery done but she said to try the Differin first. The trouble is I also have to worry about wrinkles, anti-aging da, da, da.

bengals gal1323985597.4277514 PostsRegistered 3/30/2010

I use Benefits POREfessional for a quick fix and then I use BE Pure Transformation Night Treatment every night and I notice a huge difference in my pore size.

The only foundations that don't settle in the pores for me is Smashbox Halo and Laura Gellar balance&Brighten.

University Of Bling Graduate....Class of 2011
I'm no beauty queen, I'm just beautiful me.~Selena Gomez

Farmers da­ughter1323985645.5771415 PostsRegistered 8/28/2008

If you haven't yet, try putting pores in the above Search Bar for some past recs. Hopefully, you can find some help!!

EstyWA1323986072.1931578 PostsRegistered 11/7/2011
Angelina what kind of acne are you dealing with (cystic,pustule,blackheads,whiteheads, all of the above?) What kinds of dietary changes have you made and have you done any in office procedures (peels,LED treatments etc?) or just prescription meds? Hope you don't mind me asking a ton of questions, I have worked with some pretty severe acne in my office and with great outcomes (even when the derm failed) when you mentioned surgery it sounds pretty bad?

JustWantBe­autifulSkinn1323986887.031390 PostsRegistered 11/13/2005

I never had LARGE pores - then 7 years ago all of a sudden 1 day while dring I glanced in the mirror and WOW....... huge! iI mean HUGE!!! Standing on my deck one day with my husband shortly after that - he looked at me, when I asked what he said.... oh nothing and I said NO - what and he said your pores are so big on your nose and chin & he said you never had that

Since then I tried products that just did not work HELPED but...???

The past few years Witch Hazel was AND has been GOD sent - just apply to a cotton ball and rub, swipe over the nose, chin, cheeks - my pores in those areas are looking pretty good ALOT smaller anyway since

BUT - recently I found a product that is WON - DER - FUL!!

ZIT ZAPPER by E.I.F - when I read thru the ingredients i thought WOW a GREAT GREAT pore cleaner, pore reducer - it has: a blend of Salicylic Acid, Tea Tree Oil, witch hazel, & camphor

I roll it over my nose & cheek area & chin and tap or rub it in - i know the skin there will become dry and peel BUT that is GREAT - I will get rid of the dry skin to really get beneath so this gets in really good and use once a day OR once the pores are more under control, a few times a week just to keep them clean and clear of dirt, oil & debris

poodlpoo1323988811.954265 PostsRegistered 10/23/2010

Google it sweetie, you will get a ton of info. It is a laser procedure and requires some down time. But there are several different settings that the doctor can use and a light setting isn't that bad. You can also find lots of YouTube videos on it. The PEARL FRACTIONAL LASER TREATMENT is what it is. It takes teeny columns of your skin out and leaves the surrounding skin and it is supposed to help your skin regenerate faster and rebuild collagen etc. It is fantastic at removing wrinkles!!! It just smooths out your skin and will erase sun damage, scars (depending on depth) wrinkles, fine lines, acne, uneven texture, etc. For those who are very concerned with it, I think it is a great option. But, it depends on your specific needs. You may also find great results with something like a TCA peel. THose are much cheaper too. Bigger cities usually have a rate of about 1000 for the Pearl, and less for a package deal.

http://pearlfractional.com/

Last edited on 12/15/2011

Sister Gol­den Hair1323988988.06714544 PostsRegistered 7/18/2008

Also, while you are trying to treat your pores, CLinique makes a great product to use before applying your foundation. I will check out the name and be back.

Reach for the moon, even if you miss, you will land among the stars.

bizziebee0­071323989508.3873251 PostsRegistered 1/13/2010Philly Burbs

hi angalina! i too, feel your pain. i have very large pores and difficult skin.

about 2 months or so ago, i changed my skincare routine entirely...to a very minimal routine and i cannot believe the fantastic results i am seeing. irshgrl really helped me pare down my routine and made recs that changed my skin -- for the better!

i am 48 w/dry, splotchy red skin. here is what i am using:

Morning:

Alpha Hydrox Foaming Face Wash, Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid (applied w/a cotton ball), PC anti-oxidant serum and PC facial moisturizer (both in white tubes w/blue writing);

Evening:

PC Clear Facial Wash, PC Clear Toner, EL Synchronized Night Repair Serum (for face and eyes), followed by Avon Genics cream.

Once a week I do an aspirin mask...and that is it. I stopped using all the fancy, expensive products, stopped over exfoliating and over treating my skin (retin a, green cream, mama lotion...you name it i was using it).

my primer, foundation and concealer go on so much better now that my skin is in better shape.

wishing you good luck!! i hope you find a routine and products that work for you!

the key to looking younger, is to stand next to someone who looks older than you...get the heck away from me!!!
--------------------------------------------------

Thatwhitec­at1323993029.807261 PostsRegistered 1/13/2009

I hate my pores too. I use a highly disciplined face care system, have had peels and laser and just recently had restylane under eye and nasiolabial fold treatment. Nothing has helped the pore problem very substantially. One thing though - YSL Teint Majeur foundation covers very very well and hides pores. Does not look heavy - blend with a Beauty Blender. I read where Christie Brinkley says that after she does her makeup she uses a damp washcloth and lightly presses it against her face to remove what she calls excess color.

CraZLadE1323999404.3871259 PostsRegistered 12/29/2007moutains of Carolina

I think we all hate our pores! Mine aren't bad, but I got a sample of EL Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher and love the stuff! Hardly can see a pore anywhere!

Good luck and I hope you find something you like!

shoekitty1324000631.2812887 PostsRegistered 8/10/2006

Perricone MD, pore minimizer helps. Sure worked for my chin, it was awful

life is a banquet and most poor fools are starving to death!"
Auntie Mame

raildog1324002253.971116 PostsRegistered 9/19/2010

Hi guys, I just wrote a long post thanking all of you dear friends for all of the great information. Somehow It disappeared on me.{#emotions_dlg.confused1} Anyway, I am going to google the procedures, skincare, foundation,etc. that you have all mentioned. I have tried a lot of them already but I use so many different products, it is hard to say what works and what does't. I do try and minimize my routine, that doesn't last long.

What is a beauty blender!

Accutane... I want to take it again but my Derm says NO! When I took it when I was younger my pores were non-existent. I want that again. I don't have to worry about pregnancies just liver damage. Do you know anyone in their 50s who has taken it with good results. Thank you all!

BigBro61324002663.3172768 PostsRegistered 11/15/2007Lafayette New Jersey

ME TOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} They keep getting larger at 52 !{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Sister Gol­den Hair1324004711.2114544 PostsRegistered 7/18/2008

Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Instant Perfector

Reach for the moon, even if you miss, you will land among the stars.

Boston Blo­nde1324007072.2517 PostsRegistered 5/2/2008

I can truly understand how frustrating it is to have large pores all of a sudden...it's the aging process we all hate. My thyroid went crasy so I am really having skin issues. What I have been doing is to use a personal microdermabrasion system I purchased on line.. I have only been using the PMD system for 3 weeks and only use the gentle blue discs - so far my skin is looking better and my pores are getting smaller.

I also use jojoba oil to remove makeuo and mix this in with my face wash , which I bought from my dermatologist. The wash is a papaya enzyme with salyclic acid facial cleanser. My derm Dr recommended getting dermabrasion at his office but the cost was too much so I researched getting my own system. go to www.PersonalMicroderm.com to view the system. I also use the Mia to clean with and have purchased the Lightstem which is reducing my wrinkles. So by alternating the Mia and doing weekly microderm treatments with using my lightstem my face is really gettting much healthier looking.

Hope this info helps you !!

4doggies1324007514.4133501 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Paula's Choice 10% AHA (liquid) has really made a difference for me. You're only supposed to use it once a week, but some use it daily with no problem. I use it 3-4 times a week.

MotorCity ­Chick1324040694.4431816 PostsRegistered 2/1/2005Michigan

"Pores no more" works great for my pores!

seehorse1324049153.662098 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I have been trying to find something that works since high school and now have found products that help - miminal pores (at 60). I have to attribute this to using Alpha Hydrox cleanser and souffle 12% AHA and ResQ at night. I don't wear foundation, so maybe less clogging of pores.

For me, I've had somewhat oily skin, and tried Clinique which had salycilic acid. That helped, but really saw more of an improvement with the AHA's. The AHA's have balanced my skin (unless it's extremely hot and humid).

I think you have to stick with one thing for at least a month to see any difference. I find that the less I do to my skin, the better.

JLLH3581324051966.7975032 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 12/15/2011 4doggies said:

Paula's Choice 10% AHA (liquid) has really made a difference for me. You're only supposed to use it once a week, but some use it daily with no problem. I use it 3-4 times a week.

I second that! Her products WORK wonders on the skin!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} (And they don't break the bank doing it!)

raildog1324055401.6971116 PostsRegistered 9/19/2010
On 12/16/2011 seehorse said:

I have been trying to find something that works since high school and now have found products that help - miminal pores (at 60). I have to attribute this to using Alpha Hydrox cleanser and souffle 12% AHA and ResQ at night. I don't wear foundation, so maybe less clogging of pores.

For me, I've had somewhat oily skin, and tried Clinique which had salycilic acid. That helped, but really saw more of an improvement with the AHA's. The AHA's have balanced my skin (unless it's extremely hot and humid).

I think you have to stick with one thing for at least a month to see any difference. I find that the less I do to my skin, the better.

Everything you said has been my experience as well. I honestly feel that AHAs work better for me than BHAs. So thinking back when I used those exact 3 products from Alpha Hydrox , my skin looked
pretty good. I did use Proactiv in the AM with it though. I guess I have been thinking that RX treatments are the best but a year of using Retin-A, among others, just has not done the trick. I ordered the Souffle this last sale. I have not received it yet. I will think seriously about ditching the RX treatments, for awhile anyway, and go back towards the AHA direction. It won't hurt. thx

I appreciate everyone's thoughts, thanks also.

Last edited on 12/16/2011

Last edited on 12/16/2011

annabellet­hecat1324056322.91314417 PostsRegistered 9/23/2006
I have pores the size of craters. Since using Dr. Denese's pads every night, the pores have shrunk! I also sometimes put Vitamin C pads of her's. That is wonderful. Then make sure you use a good primer. I like Laura Geller's make-up and primer that comes in the tubes. It is quick (just rub around your face and spread out).

MainelyMom­my1324057824.461588 PostsRegistered 3/8/2010
On 12/15/2011 JustWantBeautifulSkinn said:

BUT - recently I found a product that is WON - DER - FUL!!

ZIT ZAPPER by E.I.F - when I read thru the ingredients i thought WOW a GREAT GREAT pore cleaner, pore reducer - it has: a blend of Salicylic Acid, Tea Tree Oil, witch hazel, & camphor

I roll it over my nose & cheek area & chin and tap or rub it in - i know the skin there will become dry and peel BUT that is GREAT - I will get rid of the dry skin to really get beneath so this gets in really good and use once a day OR once the pores are more under control, a few times a week just to keep them clean and clear of dirt, oil & debris

I have to second the zit zapper, I was schocked a $1 product could works so well. I keep one in each bag and one in my purse. The ingredients are all there and it really really does the work! I've used it for pore/blackheads to a huge red paindul guy and it healed it right up. I find mine at Target since I dont use much from ELF, but the cuticle pen, the eyelash curler and this I will probably buy forever.

Page 1 of 2