Meant for Mom(SM)
146 Members and 14510 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Need Suggestions Please! My Eyelashes Won't Stay Curled!!!

Started 1323449458.567 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1323570729.9 by VelvetBlack

I used to be able to curl my lashes with any curler, apply mascara, and they would stay curled all day. Now, when I curl them, and apply mascara, I'm lucky if they stay curled till I leave the bathroom!

Is there a curler that curls stubborn straight lashes?

Page 1 of 1
luvmypupz1323449703.3434982 PostsRegistered 8/30/2010By the Sea Shore

I would like to know too, I have always had this problem. Even the heated ones don't work on me.

"I confronted the fact that I was not only talking to a dog, but answering for one." - Claire Cook, Must Love Dogs

Luckylu II1323449874.8231408 PostsRegistered 2/7/2011

I found this advice by Wayne on a Gossmakeup video. The one thing he said that really made sense was to use waterproof mascaras because the other is water based and it's the equivalent to putting water on your freshly done hair, it droops.

Video

Last edited on 12/9/2011

Last edited on 12/9/2011

"Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest."
— Sam Levenson

Nan7181323449911.93329 PostsRegistered 9/27/2010

I have the same problem and the only thing that will keep them curled is when I use waterproof mascara. The best mascara that works for me is Maybelline Stilletto and Maybelline One on One in waterproof. If I use non-waterproof my lashes will not stay curled.

Thingamajig1323451634.9071960 PostsRegistered 7/13/2006

Thank you Luckylu ll & Nan 718!

Do you use an eye makeup remover, or will a facial cleanser remove waterproof mascara?

StarChild1323455423.2531830 PostsRegistered 4/26/2008NYC

The only mascara that ever kept the curl for me was Revlon's Colorstay Overtime LashTint that's been discontinued (I bet if Revlon reformulated it a bit - it was supposed to last for 3 days - and called it something like Curlkeeper they'd have a hit). Anyway after trying several other mascaras recced here including the waterproof ones (didn't help) a friend gave me Stilla's Forever Your Curl Memory mascara and it works for me. I have to curl my lashes carefully to get the curl I want to keep (I could be a bit more lackadaisical with the Revlon) but at the end of the day my lashes do look nicer than with the Revlon so at the moment it is my HG mascara.

Like Jack Benny, I'm 39 and holding ;)

robomo1323456402.2339202 PostsRegistered 3/15/2005

Hold a hair dryer on the lash curler. Mine stay curled all day and I used a plastic lash curler! I use Avon mascara and used to use Loreal and never had a problem with either of them making my lashes lose their curl.

FUTURE1323461603.35310896 PostsRegistered 5/18/2008
Use Sally Hansens "give em the eye" curler. The new, re-worked model of my HG curler. It curls in two places. I don't like it as much as their double curl one they d/c'ed, but the concept is the same and it's pretty good. The only mascara I really love has been discontinued, as well, but Loreal voluminous WATERPROOF still does the trick, just not as well. Until I did this, lashes never stayed curled. HTH!

Lindaj461323493262.173176 PostsRegistered 5/15/2011

I know what you mean. It drives me nuts. I use to be able to curl my lashes, and they would stay curled all day. And they seemed nice and long too. Now my lashes seem not as long, and I lose lashes too. Maybe its an age thing, I dont know. Things change when you get in your fourties I guess.

Thingamajig1323521122.3971960 PostsRegistered 7/13/2006

StarChild, robomo, Futureslp & Lindaj46 .......

Thank you all for your tips and suggestions. I appreciate your taking the time to answer!

silkyk1323523428.11848 PostsRegistered 11/17/2004

I have the same problem so I use a curler (count to 30) and then use a CURLING mascara. Maybelline makes an XXL PRO double ended one that you put the curling formula on first then color. The very BEST curling mascara was also by Maybelline but unfortunately they discontinued it. It was WonderCurl Mascara and you can sometimes find it on ebay.Good luck!

mrsivan20041323534684.073178 PostsRegistered 11/24/2007San Diego, CA

I have the same problem with my lashes being stick-straight naturally. I have tried everything on the market & this is the routine I've found that works.

I first curl my lashes with my Shu Uemura curler ~ works fantastically for me. I go over each eye 2-3 times to get the achieved curl. Then I layer my mascaras. I typically use 2-3 mascaras. The three I use that I've found the most success with are: Urban Decay Supercurl, Buxom & MAC False Lashes. Sometimes I use BE Flawless Definition Volumizing & an Avon Anew double ended one that has some serum on one end.

I truly believe that you need the right tool for the job & that a good curler makes all the difference in the world. I hope my suggestions have helped you!!

What if the armies of the Lord picked up & dusted off their swords? What if the family turned to Jesus & stopped asking Oprah what to do?

VelvetBlack1323570729.93190 PostsRegistered 10/19/2007Queens, NY

Hi,

I also have to use waterproof mascara otherwise my lashes don't stay curled at all. I curl them first, then I use Maybelline Lash Discovery, usually 2 coats. This mascara has a really short brush and very skinny. I didn't think it was gonna work at first and it seemed like it took forever to coat my lashes, but now that I am used to it, I LOVE it !!! I get it at either CVS.com or Drugstore.com. I used to use 2 mascaras, one for length and the other for volume, but I found that I would rather have length than volume because most of the volumizing mascaras leave my lashes looking like spider legs and I hate that.

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
Laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Page 1 of 1