Fashion Special Offers
157 Members and 13509 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Boots 7 Serum, Intense Protect one versus Olay Regenerist??

Started 1320556887.963 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1320664313.21 by Gal

My skin is soooooo dry and angry right now and I can't make up my mind for which new day treatment to try out?? Any suggestions??

Page 1 of 1
Chihuahuas­rock1320557287.507326 PostsRegistered 11/16/2010

I really love the Boots products, especially the serum. I've tried the Olay products several times and I just don't care for the smell.

doglover31320565793.3339462 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I use the Olay Regenerist serum, unscented one, is what works the best for my very dry skin. I use the olay micro sculpture cream over it at night. I have a friend that tried Boots for 3 months than went back to the Olay regenerist. I think everyone is different and our skin reacts differently to different products BUT. for me the Olay regenerist line works the best. I get mine at BJ's, best deal, twice the product for 2 to 5 dollars more than one in a drug store.

StellaDiva1320583350.0031131 PostsRegistered 10/15/2011
Beautypedia rates the Olay product as a best product in the serum category. I use the unscented. Doglover, thanks for the BJs tip. Never really make it over there as the parking lot is a disaster.

sweetpea531320595814.4174002 PostsRegistered 10/16/2011

A few weeks ago I bought a jar of Lumene Vitamin C+. This stuff is amazing.

I have dry, red old{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}skin. I started using the Avon Anew Clinical Retexturizing pads.

I follow up with the Vitamin C+. I got the Lumene Excellent Future night cream.

I'm still tweeking but I do believe this is going to be my winter skincare regime. Over the last few months I have tried so many it's not funny anymore.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.......

PurplePink1320604293.911129 PostsRegistered 10/29/2010

Olay Regenerist Fragrance-Free Serum Ingrendients (1.7 oz for $23.99)

CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, WATER, GLYCERIN, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, NIACINAMIDE,* DIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, PANTHENOL,† BUTYLENE GLYCOL, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, PALMITOYL PENTAPEPTIDE-4,§ CARNOSINE,§ TOCOPHERYL ACETATE,** CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT,†† ALLANTOIN, CETYL RICINOLEATE, BIS-PEG/PPG-14/14 DIMETHICONE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, PEG-100 STEARATE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, DISODIUM EDTA, ETHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, METHYLPARABEN, BENZYL ALCOHOL, CITRIC ACID. ?? *VITAMIN B3 †PRO-VITAMIN B5 §AMINO-PEPTIDE **VITAMIN E ††GREEN TEA

Boots No7 Protect & Perfect Intense Beauty Serum (1oz for $22.99)

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua/Water/Eau (Water), Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cyclohexasiloxane, Glycerin, Arabinogalactan, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Magnesium Sulfate, Dimethicone Copolyol (Silica), Phenoxyethanol, Sodium PCA, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A), Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Extract (Alfalfa), Methylparaben, Propylene Glycol, Lupinus Albus Seed Extract, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Carbomer, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Polysorbate 20, Ginseng (Panax Ginseng) Root Extract, Morus Alba (Mulberry) Leaf Extract, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide

Both of them have great anti-oxidants however most of the anti-oxidants in the Boots serum come after "phenoyethanol" which is a preservative, meaning there is more preservative in the serum than vitamin A, Ginseng, Vitamin E etc. This makes the Olay serum a better deal because it gives you more antioxidants (in higher concentration) for your skin.

Also the Boots serum is more expensive at 22.99 for 1 oz while 1 oz of the Olay serum is $14.11 ( the full price is 23.99 for 1.7 oz)

TexasTorna­do1320608423.71351 PostsRegistered 4/7/2008

I think Purplepink pretty much hit the nail on the head. I did some research on Boots this weekend and there were many people who had reactions later and second, Boots does not have enough of the right elements to match Olay or others.

babyb1320615655.0474637 PostsRegistered 12/3/2006SD

Thanks for that ingredient info! Makes me smile extra big, knowing I have the Olay in my aresenol!!! I find it cheaper than that at our WalMart and coupons make it even cheaper. Coupons come in many Sunday papers and you can usually get some on the Olay site.

srick tx1320616581.352054 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I have used both Boots No. 7 and Olay Regenerist Fragrance Free Serums. I prefer the Olay and have been using it now consistently for about 8 years.

doglover31320623738.479462 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 11/6/2011 StellaDiva said: Beautypedia rates the Olay product as a best product in the serum category. I use the unscented. Doglover, thanks for the BJs tip. Never really make it over there as the parking lot is a disaster.

yes, you get a bottle double the size of 1.7 the stores sell for $22 to $24 and you get the double size for $30.99 BUT almost every other month in their flyer they put either a $3 or a $5 coupon for it PLUS if you have another coupon from the newspaper flyers they will accept both so, is really a very good deal. For the OOO Rengenerist Microsculpture cream they just give you 2 jars instead of doubling the size of one as in the regenerist serum, both great busy and even better when they put a $3 or $5 coupon in their flyer. You can also get a one day pass if not a member but pay an extra 5% of whatever you buy.

My friend loves and uses plus gets it also at BJ's for $20.99 2 full jars of the Garnier ultra firming/lifting moisturizing cream(plus is suppose to ease the look of wrinkles) there. She loves this stuff. It has a green cap on the jars. they have a newer stronger one out now but she hasn't tried that, has a red cap I think she said. She said Consumer Reports said this was the best for wrinkles and firming but took 3 months to see a difference.

I think this is the thing with most of us, want immediate results. Who waits 3 months before giving up on a product, usually a month I think is what of us do?

Gal1320664313.211782 PostsRegistered 9/18/2007

I have been using the BOOTS skincare products for several years and I absolutely love everything I've tried. The BOOTS PROTECT/PERFECT INTENSE SERUM is fabulous! I couldn't do without it! I get the pump bottle and it is usually around $22 - however, ULTA now carries some of these products and with their coupons, either in the mail or Sunday paper, their price can sometimes be less than Target.....without the coupons, their prices are usually a couple of dollars or so more than Target. I would definitely suggest that you give BOOTS Serum a try as well as their other skincare products - different formulas for different skin types. They have a new night cream that is also called Protect/Perfect which I recently purchased at ULTA (with coupon) that is great. I also use a face mask that will remind you of pink whipped cream along with Soft/Smoothe cleanser and toner. As you can see, I am sold on these products. I have tried other skincare brands but once I discovered BOOTS, I quit looking......

Page 1 of 1