Creede Silver Sale
75 Members and 14193 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Shelf life for Philosophy shower gels

Started 1261162317 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1261237325 by Daysdee
Does anyone know what the shelf life is for the shower gels and creams? I saw some gift sets on sale that I was thinking about buying now for next Christmas but I don't want them to not be any good. Thanks!

Page 1 of 1
kittensmit­ten1261162527192 PostsRegistered 8/1/2007
I have so many shower gels I could open up a shower gel store. Most have been opened and still smell good after 2 yrs.
If it's never been opened, I would guess it should ok.

Three meez­ers1261163329703 PostsRegistered 7/2/2007
I agree I've had a few for at least 2 years and they still smell great....HTH

LisaB12611635762746 PostsRegistered 1/8/2007
Kimberly,
Not trying to be a mother here but just wait and see what is available next year and keep your money in your account and not in Christinas or QVC's.
:)

mymb12611659501092 PostsRegistered 5/3/2007
I had purchased the large size of the Pure Grace shower cream and lotion. Don't know if I got a bad batch, but it had a strange smell after a few months. The Amazing grace did not do that. As far as the food scents, mine have lasted a long time becuase I dont' think they are strong in the 1st place.

KimberlyD1261166663766 PostsRegistered 11/26/2006
Thanks Lisa B for the advice. I was thinking about ordering the sale stuff from Sephora. You get an extra 20% off and they are really good deals. Hmmm, I will think about this.

Trix12611701063616 PostsRegistered 7/28/2005Chicago, IL
> Thanks Lisa B for the advice. I was thinking about
> ordering the sale stuff from Sephora. You get an
> extra 20% off and they are really good deals. Hmmm, I
> will think about this.
Kimberly, instead of thinking about gifts for 2010 use that discount to treat yourself to something. Maybe even one of those Philosophy sets.
I've never had a problem with Philosophy shower gels changing odor. I have many shower gels, and I always have a 32oz Amazing Grace (which I may only use 2 or 3 times per week). It takes over a year for me to use the 32oz AGrace and I've never had the odor change.
--
Trix
--
Edited by Trix at 12/18/2009 12:02 PM PST

Last edited on 12/18/2009

Trix

Bibione1261202374438 PostsRegistered 7/23/2006
The only item I use from Philosophy is Purity.I had fragrances and showers gels from this company get rancid after a few months,so I stopped buying them.I have tons of products from Perlier and Elaria and they are in perfect condition after even 2 years.

luvqvc15126120456526 PostsRegistered 11/12/2007
The only one I've ever had a problem with is FIL. I've had AG, PG and many of the food scents which are fine for over a year. Unfortunately, as it's one of my favorite scents, FIL got a rancid smell after a fairly short time.

DFuser12612064038 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Virginia
Hi Kimberly.
I wondered this same question and called the
800# listed for Philosophy on the products
just last week.
I asked the consumer relations person several
questions about shelf life for the shower gels
and creams as well as Purity Made Simple.
I have some Purity that has visibly separated.
I wondered if there was a way for us to tell
from a code on the product when it was made
or the expiration. Her reply to each question
I asked was, there's a 2 year shelf life on each
product and she said no there was no way to
tell expiration from information on the product.
I thought someone on the board had mentioned
a code for expiration dates or manufacturing date
like Italian beauth/Perlier/Elaria has on their products.
I do have some Amazing Grace shower gel from 2007,
never opened, but looks as if it too has separated.
Wondering if it's safe to use?

bullyluv1261224245562 PostsRegistered 12/31/2008
the body lotions have a very very short shelf life! my inner grace turned very quickly, i had to throw it our with 3/4 of the bottle still full! i'm not ordering any more phils products. i'm tired of them not lasting on me, nor lasting in the bottle!

shopperpro126122573630 PostsRegistered 11/11/2007
I've been using the shower gels and creams for several years now and also have a couple of them in Supersize bottles. I have them in Amazing Grace and Pure Grace and haven't noticed any problems when they're over a year old. The Inner Grace and Falling in Love lotion were a bit older and I did notice a SLIGHT change in the fragrance, however, not enough that it smelled bad and had to disgard. LOVE THEM ALL!

lmt1261233251893 PostsRegistered 10/20/2004
I have several shower gels that were manufactured (according to the date on the bottom) in 2005 and are just fine.
These were part of an AD program and I forgot that I even had them until I stumbled across them just recently. They smell just wonderful - no problem at all.

Daysdee126123732518893 PostsRegistered 1/23/2007
> Hi Kimberly.
> I wondered this same question and called the
> 800# listed for Philosophy on the products
> just last week.
>
> I asked the consumer relations person several
> questions about shelf life for the shower gels
> and creams as well as Purity Made Simple.
> I have some Purity that has visibly separated.
>
> I wondered if there was a way for us to tell
> from a code on the product when it was made
> or the expiration. Her reply to each question
> I asked was, there's a 2 year shelf life on each
> product and she said no there was no way to
> tell expiration from information on the product.
>
> I thought someone on the board had mentioned
> a code for expiration dates or manufacturing date
> like Italian beauth/Perlier/Elaria has on their
> products.
>
> I do have some Amazing Grace shower gel from 2007,
> never opened, but looks as if it too has separated.
> Wondering if it's safe to use?
There is a code on the bottles that can be "decoded"--I'm sure someone will post it. I think the letter refers to month it was made (A=Jan.) They are supposed to be good for two years, (I think one after opening), but I have so many I have kept and used mine a lot longer and never had any separate or smell bad.

Page 1 of 1