Labor Day Weekend Clearance
41 Members and 8726 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

? Clarisonic VS Knock Offs ?

Started 1320167777.47 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1320773007.717 by Helen Bach

This may have been discussed, but I couldn't find anything..

My question is please..

Does anyone feel the other brands, that are similiar / knock offs of the Clarisonic are just as good?

There is the one sold on HSN, another on SHOPNBC and even several at Ulta..

I can not justify $200 for a Clarisonic if the other (less expensive) are the same or close to Clarisonic..

Thank you for the input..

"Trust everyone just don't trust the devil inside of them"

Page 1 of 2
Lowry831320168760.113384 PostsRegistered 8/15/2008

I am not a fan of Clarisonic and will explain why in a moment, but first -- keep in mind that the Clarisonic prices, at least on QVC, generally include name brand skin care - often Bliss or Philosophy - products. Maybe you don't want/can't use those products, but they should be considered when evaluating the price.

I prefer the SkinnSonic - sold by Skinn Cosmetics on ShopNBC and the Skinn website. It doesn't have what I consider to be the annoying beeps and timers of the Clarisonic. Also, the SkinnSonic has a pore cleansing speed. I recently saw a Clarisonic on QVC with a pore cleansing brush, but I don't know that they have an extra speed for that purpose. The SkinnSonic is cheaper - latest configuration I saw is $100, with a few Skinn brand products included.

Skylands1320168935.3676086 PostsRegistered 5/30/2010

The MIA works just as well as the more expensive Clarisonic. Love it!

Love Roses1320170522.81710172 PostsRegistered 1/10/2007

I purchased a Clarisonic from the Q. Not at all impressed. Too late to return. I prefer a Buf-Puf or a less pricey item. Never again will I fall for these trends.

Never Forget - The Native American Indian Holocausts!

Iwantcoffee1320173780.9032656 PostsRegistered 11/28/2006

I think water, washcloth, and cleanser work fine for cleasning so buying a Clairsonic or knock-off is unnecessary. Cleansing doesn't need to be expensive to be effective.

Argyll1320177383.4531261 PostsRegistered 7/31/2011
I tend to agree with Iwantcoffee,post above, and the kinder you are to your delicate face,the better. I bought the Olay version at the drug store;it was under $30 and it works just fine. I use it every other day with a very gentle Neutrogena face wash. I also use Cetaphil or even Dove or Olay body washes(! Yes!) and they all work very well,as long as you don't scrub like mad!

Mustangshar1320178310.2637574 PostsRegistered 12/7/2006Chicago Burbs
I bought the SSC sonic from HSN and while I can't compare it to anything else, I love it! It has 3 speeds and a 2 year warranty. My white heads under my bottom lip and in the corners of my nose are gone. My skin feels CLEAN and massaged when I'm done. Mine was $99. I've had it 2 weeks. I'm not crazy about the actual massage brush, it has rollers and refillable with the cleanser. I prefer the regular heads, there are 4 that come with it along with full size products.

Sharon :)
WNYgal said The Shame Sisters, otherwise known as Linea Anonymous.

Nightowlz1320179094.1279418 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I ordered the Clarisonic the other day & turned around & cancelled it. Just don't think it's worth over $230 with shipping & tax. I think I would rather try the LightStim.

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” Will Rogers

BellaCarro1320180042.7537942 PostsRegistered 10/1/2011Atlanta

I have a Clarisonic and it's okay. If I were to buy one again I would certainly get a different less expensive version. Clarisonic can't be so great that it warrants a much higher price tag. I usually like the Skinn line and would consider the SkinnSonic Lowry83 suggested.

Mona Dahl1320180443.2832201 PostsRegistered 3/29/2007

I own a Clarisonic as well as the Youthful Essence system from HSN. I have to say, I think the Youthful Essence is a lot better value for the money. You get a lot more different attachments and they all perform well, including the cleansing attachment (comparable to the Clarisonic IMO--maybe not quite as good, but for the price, it holds its own). The pumice attachment is amazing for doing your feet at home. The sponge-like attachments are great for use 2-3x per week with the cream for at-home microdermabrasion-style treatments. For under $50 you get a ton of product value that the Clarisonic doesn't offer. I'd really recommend that purchase especially if you're on a budget.

Risk more than others think is safe,

Care more than others think is wise,

Dream more than others think is practical,

Expect more than others think is possible.

DannysWife1320197783.93470 PostsRegistered 10/11/2010Ohio

Thank you everyone for the suggestions, it is appreciated! I'm fine with a nice face wash and the washcloth, but if I do venture out I'm looking at the Susan Lucci one.. Thank you!

"Trust everyone just don't trust the devil inside of them"

rina331320199591.324694 PostsRegistered 6/17/2008
On 11/1/2011 Lowry83 said:

I am not a fan of Clarisonic and will explain why in a moment, but first -- keep in mind that the Clarisonic prices, at least on QVC, generally include name brand skin care - often Bliss or Philosophy - products. Maybe you don't want/can't use those products, but they should be considered when evaluating the price.

I prefer the SkinnSonic - sold by Skinn Cosmetics on ShopNBC and the Skinn website. It doesn't have what I consider to be the annoying beeps and timers of the Clarisonic. Also, the SkinnSonic has a pore cleansing speed. I recently saw a Clarisonic on QVC with a pore cleansing brush, but I don't know that they have an extra speed for that purpose. The SkinnSonic is cheaper - latest configuration I saw is $100, with a few Skinn brand products included.

THAT is so weird! Just today, I saw a "SKINSONIC" online. But it's not by Dimitrius (ShopNBC). It's by "Sirius". If you google "Sirius skinsonic", you'll find it. It's only $49.oo.

Wadzlla1320199710.2431941 PostsRegistered 2/25/2009

Sallys Beauty Supply. I have used mine for 5 years and love it. $29.95

http://www.sallybeauty.com/pore-cleanser/SBS-244008,default,pd.html?cm_vc=SEARCH

shopaholic­531320200405.21252 PostsRegistered 7/26/2011
On 11/1/2011 skylands said:

The MIA works just as well as the more expensive Clarisonic. Love it!

I love my mia, my skin looks great and I have only been using it for 2 weeks.

MainelyMom­my1320201877.7331588 PostsRegistered 3/8/2010

Having tried clarisonic and olay + another one, they are all overhyped IMO, I sent them all back.

sunshine451320202125.28340752 PostsRegistered 1/13/2007east coast and west coast

well, i have bought three full sized versions and four smaller sized versions of the nutrasonic..... so that should probably tell you how i feel about them. Wink. i bought mine from hsn and i have to say that even my teenage son is using one of them!.... he loves it for his face and elbows.

Our days are happier when we give people a bit of our heart rather than a piece of our mind. - author unknown

millieshops1320204038.4614615 PostsRegistered 3/15/2007

I have no idea about the worth of the knockoff's. No machine is necessary, but because I started with the Clarisonic and see a great difference in my skin, I'm sticking with it. The Clarisonic is working and any different machine I'd buy now would just be a waste of my dollars.

I didn't carry it with me on an August vacation and then the day I returned, Hurricanne Irene left me without power for 5 more days - so no Clarisonic for nearly 3 weeks. I missed it! And I could feel the difference. Would I feel that same difference with a cheaper machine? Not finding out unless my current machine dies. In fact, I might never find out. I could just go back to my stack of white washcloths which I used to buy by the dozen so that I had enough to use a clean one every time I touched one to my face.

Hoping I don't find out what I'd do for lots of years/

Mustangshar1320723441.1937574 PostsRegistered 12/7/2006Chicago Burbs

I can now say after owning my SSC ultrasonic for 2 weeks now, that I love it. I look forward to getting my face massaged and thoroughly clean every night. I can see why everyone likes whatever brand they have. I have large pores, they look smaller now..I looked in the magnafier. Still big, but my skin looks so much better and my TMJ feels better too. Love the massaging of the machine, makes the jaw feel better.:)

Sharon :)
WNYgal said The Shame Sisters, otherwise known as Linea Anonymous.

Irshgrl312­011320724417.69314170 PostsRegistered 3/14/2006
On 11/7/2011 Mustang Shar said:

I can now say after owning my SSC ultrasonic for 2 weeks now, that I love it. I look forward to getting my face massaged and thoroughly clean every night. I can see why everyone likes whatever brand they have. I have large pores, they look smaller now..I looked in the magnafier. Still big, but my skin looks so much better and my TMJ feels better too. Love the massaging of the machine, makes the jaw feel better.:)

Last time I looked it got great reviews too!!

Lovemylife1320725217.363608 PostsRegistered 1/30/2011
Oh, my goodness. A few hours ago I changed out my battery operated toothbrush. I was going to recycle it for a jewelry scrubbing tool. I looked at my husband and said " This is my version of the Clarisonic." It worked GREAT!!!!!!!

bklynite1320732720.537111 PostsRegistered 5/16/2009

i bought the nutrasonic a couple of months ago from hsn for about $69 and i really like it. i can't compare it to the clarisonic as i have never used it, but i felt the clarisonic brush at barney's the other day and it felt much softer than the nutrasonic. i have no idea if that is good or bad, if the brush really makes a difference or if it's all about the sonic motion. i was concerned when i bought the nutrasonic since i have sensitive skin but i have done well with the nutrasonic. smaller pores and if i get a zit, a little extra treatment with the nutrasonic and it's gone in like two days. i had the susan lucci youthful essence years ago and it did not agree with my skin- my skin was too sensitive for it an it would inflame it.

EstyWA1320735180.461578 PostsRegistered 11/7/2011

I use the Clarisonic Pro in my practice however I can't use it at home and I don't sell it either because unless the brush is being cleaned daily with disinfectent I noticed an increase in breakouts due to bacteria collecting on the wet brush. That seems to be a common problem with daily use of these types of brushes. I personally buy a stack of white washclothes and use a fresh one everytime I wash my face and then throw it in the wash with bleach.

Pook1320750552.6173523 PostsRegistered 5/5/2007

I don't have the clairisonic but for the price it is probably sturdier. I've already gone through 2 skinsonics (both had the buttons deteriorate within 9 months of use. I then got a nutrisonic (which is neary identical to the skinsonic and the chargers are interchangeable) and after 3 months it seems like it will do the same. Still all in all, they are cheaper and when costed out not that expensive even if I have to replace them. I notice such a big difference in my skin so I will continue to use and would recommend sonic cleansing.

lyn in MI1320754372.22724373 PostsRegistered 4/29/2007SW Michigan
On 11/8/2011 Pook said:

I don't have the clairisonic but for the price it is probably sturdier. I've already gone through 2 skinsonics (both had the buttons deteriorate within 9 months of use. I then got a nutrisonic (which is neary identical to the skinsonic and the chargers are interchangeable) and after 3 months it seems like it will do the same. Still all in all, they are cheaper and when costed out not that expensive even if I have to replace them. I notice such a big difference in my skin so I will continue to use and would recommend sonic cleansing.

Pook - based on your experience with Skinnsonic and Nutrasonic, I think you're correct. I purchased my Clarisonic in June of '07 and it still looks nearly new and works fine approx 4 and 1/2 years later. I think that may make the "cost" of Clarisonic less than Skinnsonic and Nutrasonic.

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
♥ Birman =^..^= Servant ♥

smhr661320761996.3772384 PostsRegistered 9/5/2010Laid Back and Mellow Small Town USA
On 11/1/2011 Love Roses said:

I purchased a Clarisonic from the Q. Not at all impressed. Too late to return. I prefer a Buf-Puf or a less pricey item. Never again will I fall for these trends.

JMHO... aren't the Buf-Puf's harsh on the skin? I felt of one and it felt a lot like a brillo pad. Even with gentle movement, I can't even imagine using one of those. I felt the delicate brush head - used inconjuction with the Clarisonic machine and it felt nice.

I don't have a Clarisonic Pro, but my occillating tooth brush head is rinsed afterwards with hydrogen peroxide to kill bacteria. My suggestion to Clarisonic users, pour a little hydrogen peroxide on facial brush, leave on for about 2 minutes and rinse. That is what my dentist suggested for cleaning my toothbrush after using. I just imagine the same method for the toothbrush could be applied to a facial brush head for killing germs.

I would never use the Clarisonic exclusively for washing the face. Wash face first and go over a second time with the Clarisonic machine. JMHO.

Last edited on 11/8/2011

Last edited on 11/8/2011

mature, dry, sensitive, makeup optional skin. keep it healthy with NIA24, MD Forte, physical sunscreen and Fancl cleanser.

LipstickDi­va1320764304.5437479 PostsRegistered 4/22/2005On the Lake in Ohio

Both HSN and SNBC carry the Nutra Sonic. HSN's is on clearance right now for $69.00 and comes with a couple products. I think it's $49.00 on SNBC but is not the machine, no products.

I use the really soft brush from Shiseido and have for years. It's manual but very gentle.

You can't buy love but you can adopt it. Adopt, don't shop.

Page 1 of 2