Better Than Black Friday
68 Members and 16714 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

I'm looking for a powder foundation for my very sensitive skin+++

Started 1319507575.663 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1319572686.713 by nodecaf

Now that I think I have my skincare routine down, I would like to find a non-irritating powder foundation. I do NOT like liquid foundation{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

I'm looking for one with NO bismuth, NO fragrance, NO mica, NO cornstarch, NO aluminum starch, and hopefully one that I can get at the store without having to order online :)

I know this is a tall order, but my skin really needs some TLC right now.

thanks everyone!!

Page 1 of 1
c j1319507817.02523 PostsRegistered 9/2/2006

After two pregnancies, I think I am developing sensitive skin. Last weekend I was at Sephora and bought the Cover FX mineral foundation powder that is supposed to be good for sensitive skin. They have different formulas, but I "think" it's called Powder FX. YOu can look at coverfx dot com or go to Sephora and check it out.

Good luck!

Oh, and I also looked at the LORAC powder foundation. It is also supposed to be good for sensitive skin, non-irritating and such.

PurplePink1319509197.5931129 PostsRegistered 10/29/2010

Here is what I found - I have not tried either. They are free of everything you listed, except for MICA. All have mineral sunscreen which works for sensitive skin (zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide listed as active ingredients) and all can be found in drugstores.

1. Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Powder Foundation SPF 20 - it has a starch in it but it is rice starch

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (6.6%)

Inactive Ingredients: Mica, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Dimethicone, Oryza Sativa Starch (Rice), Magnesium Myristate, Methicone, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Retinyl Acetate (Vitamin A), Pantothenic Acid, Panthenol, Glycine Soja Flour (Soybean), Alumina, Silk Powder, Water, Polymethylmethacrylate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Iron Oxides, Nylon 12, Carmine (CI 75470)

2. Physicians Formula (PF) Mineral Wear® Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

Hypoallergenic. Fragrance-free. Oil-free. Talc-free. Non-comedogenic. Dermatologist approved

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 6.0% (AVE.), ZINC OXIDE 4.2%. INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: MICA, SQUALANE, SILICA, BORON NITRIDE, LAUROYL LYSINE, KAOLIN, RETINYL PALMITATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN. MAY CONTAIN: IRON OXIDES, ULTRAMARINES

3. PF Mineral Wear™ Talc-Free Mineral Airbrushing Loose Powder SPF 30

Hypoallergenic. Fragrance free. Paraben free. Dermatologist approved. Non-Comedogenic

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: TITANIUM DIOXIDE. ZINC OXIDE. INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: MICA. BORON NITRIDE. ZINC STEARATE. LAUROYL LYSINE. TRICAPRYLIN. MAGNESIUM SILICATE. CARTHAMUS TINCTORIUS (SAFFLOWER) SEED OIL. CHAMOMILLA RECUTITA (MATRICARIA) FLOWER EXTRACT. PANAX GINSENG ROOT EXTRACT. GINKGO BILOBA LEAF EXTRACT. CAMELLIA OLEIFERA LEAF EXTRACT (green tea). ASCORBYL PALMITATE (vit c). TOCOPHERYL ACETATE(vit E). RETINYL PALMITATE (vit A). CHLORPHENESIN. POTASSIUM SORBATE. SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE. MAY CONTAIN: IRON OXIDES. TITANIUM DIOXIDE

Last edited on 10/24/2011

Last edited on 10/24/2011

bizziebee0­071319509711.2473251 PostsRegistered 1/13/2010Philly Burbs

Benefit "Get Even" powder. fantastic stuff!

the key to looking younger, is to stand next to someone who looks older than you...get the heck away from me!!!
--------------------------------------------------

baby burns1319510715.2178793 PostsRegistered 12/9/2007

purplepink, you better find out what all those things are, that are in those three makeup, to me it sounds like it has too much in it.

PurplePink1319511060.5471129 PostsRegistered 10/29/2010
On 10/24/2011 baby burns said:

purplepink, you better find out what all those things are, that are in those three makeup, to me it sounds like it has too much in it.

I didn't look up every ingredient, I just looked to make sure the products do not have the ingredients pucker did not want. I am sure there is more information about each ingredient online, my post offered a starting point I guess.

PurplePink1319511366.4631129 PostsRegistered 10/29/2010
On 10/24/2011 bizziebee007 said:

Benefit "Get Even" powder. fantastic stuff!

I looked up the ingredients in the powder and unfortunately, it does have mica, talc and bismuth ...

Benefit "Get Even"

TALC, MICA, DIMETHICONE, LAUROYL LYSINE, NYLON-12, MAGNESIUM MYRISTATE, ZINC STEARATE, POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE, SQUALANE, METHICONE, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) OIL, TOCOPHEROL. [ +/- : TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491 - CI 77492 - CI 77499), CARMINE (CI 75470), BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE (CI 77163), BLUE 1 LAKE (CI 42090), MANGANESE VIOLET (CI 77742), FERRIC FERROCYANIDE (CI 77510), ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007), YELLOW 5 LAKE (CI 19140), RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850), RED 30 (CI 73360), RED 6 (CI 15850), YELLOW 6 LAKE (CI 15985)]. N° 3N5296 Please read the ingredient list on the packaging of your product to be sure that the ingredients are appropriate for your personal use.

brownie9171319513266.3834579 PostsRegistered 11/19/2004New England

I wonder what the ingredients to Clinque's powder foundations are? Easy enough to get at your local store that carries Clinique (which is hypoallergenic and fragrance-free). But, for the other ingredients you list as no-nos.....you'd definitely need an ingredients list.

MelOregon1319513672.393183 PostsRegistered 10/17/2009

Alima Pure's minerals didn't bother me. And being pasty white, really liked the huge color selection, about 60! Good service too, easy to get samples. Switched to them after Everyday seemed to change their formula. No way could I use BE, way too itchy.

I finally gave up powder, though, and am using BB oil-free liquid.

bizziebee0­071319514038.9933251 PostsRegistered 1/13/2010Philly Burbs

sorry! i honestly didn't know it had bismuth in it b/c i can't wear bismuth -- it makes me iitttccchhh (at least in BE and Halo)...but I am able to wear the Benefit powder. How is that even possible? I am so confused!!!

the key to looking younger, is to stand next to someone who looks older than you...get the heck away from me!!!
--------------------------------------------------

susanks11319547995.7831269 PostsRegistered 12/1/2007
On 10/24/2011 MelOregon said:

Alima Pure's minerals didn't bother me. And being pasty white, really liked the huge color selection, about 60! Good service too, easy to get samples. Switched to them after Everyday seemed to change their formula. No way could I use BE, way too itchy.

I finally gave up powder, though, and am using BB oil-free liquid.

This is what i use too and I have sensitive skin. Excellent products and excellent customer service.

LovemyHusky1319560627.9732871 PostsRegistered 3/4/2010

I know that you are looking for something that is sold in a store, but I have not not had any luck in finding a foundation in a store that will work for me and I have tried everything from drugstore to department store foundations. They either irritate my skin or cause me to break out. Right now I am using Lucy mineral foundation and I really do like it. It does cover my redness and does not irritate my skin. Also it was created by a Woman who has Rosacea and She actually shows the coverage that she gets from the foundation. It does have mica in it though. Cory minerals does have a Mica free foundation so that might be an option for you. I have really sensitive skin and also suffer from Rosacea so I know how hard finding a foundation that works for you can be. I hope that you are able to find something that works for you.

MotleyCrue­4EVA1319560895.4873096 PostsRegistered 7/17/2009South of Baltimore

100% Pure Healthy Flawless Skin Powder Foundation

Healthy Flawless Skin Foundation Powder with SPF 20

HEALTHY FLAWLESS SKIN FOUNDATION POWDER with SPF 20
(sheer to medium coverage)

100% Natural, 100% Vegan, Gluten free

Super lightweight face powder to give you a beautiful, flawless, poreless complexion. Use alone or over our tinted moisturizer. All natural formula packed full of anti-aging vitamins, antioxidants and skin purifying eucalyptus, soothing calendula, chamomile and rose, oil absorbing rice powder and flattering color from fruits and vegetables. Does not contain talc, chemical preservatives, fragrances or any other toxins

Ingredients:Oryza Sativa Germ Powder (Rice Powder), Pigmented Extracts of: Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit, Prunusm Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa Bean), Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate), Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit, Fragaria Vesca (Strawberry) Fruit, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit, Prunus Serotina (Wild Cherry) Fruit and Vitis Vinifera (Cabernet Grape) Fruit, Extracts of: Matricaria Chamomilla (Chamomile) Leaf, Calendula Officinalis (Calendula) Flower, Organic Camelia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf1 and Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Powder, Oils of: Linum Usitatissimum (Flax) Seed, Rosa Damascena (Rose) Flower, Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Seed and Persea Gratissima (Avocado), Mica, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Citral*, Eugenol*, Geraniol*, Citronellol*, Farnesol* and Linalool*

Sun Screen Active Ingredients:: 12% Titanium Dioxide, 7% Zinc Oxide

1 certified organic by USDA * Component of natural essential oil

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option"

Psychomomma1319561254.8757 PostsRegistered 9/27/2011

I'm not sure what's in Lancomes Dual Finish fragrance free powder, but I use it on my seriously oily sensitive skin and have no reactions, and you can buy it at a store. I also have no problems with it oxidizing on my face through out the day.

Okay, I went and looked for the ingredients, they are as follows

398182 - Lancome Dual Finish Powder Makeup
Ingredients:
Talc, Mineral Oil, Squalane, Zinc Laurate, Stearic Acid, Linalool, Geraniol, Glyceryl Stearate, Triethanolamine, Isoeugenol, Cholesterol, Coumarin, Aluminum Myristate / Palmitate, Cinnamyl Alcohol, Farnesol, Limonene, Lanolin, Hydroxycitronellal, Petrolatum, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Parfum / Fragrance, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hexyl Cinnamal, Butylparaben. May Contain: Mica, CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491, Iron Oxide CI 77891 and Titanium Dioxide

This is the list for the one with fragrance, the fragrance free is obviously without fragrance.

Last edited on 10/25/2011

Sylart1319571527.0324 PostsRegistered 10/5/2011

Have you tried Korres SPF 30 mineral loose foundation. I looked up the ingrediates and it's paraben free, talc free, bismuth free. Supposed to be good for your skin to brighten it. I just ordered mine from Sephora with the Friends and Family sale!

harls3211319571885.723805 PostsRegistered 7/11/2006

Bare Escentuals Matte foundation

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide. Inactive Ingredients: Lauroyl Lysine, Silica, Calcium Silicate, Soil Minerals. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

nodecaf1319572686.012498 PostsRegistered 4/15/2007Pinelands

Get yourself to a good old Merle Norman counter (or call one for delivery).

Merle Norman - Luxiva Purely Mineral Makeup!

This has NEVER bothered my very reactive skin!

Ingredients

mica, zinc oxide, titanium dioxide and iron oxides

“The first wealth is health.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson

nodecaf1319572686.7132498 PostsRegistered 4/15/2007Pinelands

oops!

double-post!

“The first wealth is health.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 1 of 1