Guaranteed Delivery
69 Members and 18321 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

"FACE FX " TSV on snbc...anyone KNOW if these 2 properties will work better?

Started 1318935942.46 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1318943323.57 by ambersmom
replies

The combo of the LED red light AND heat...anyone know if this is worth the steep price on the TSV on Shop NBC??...atleast you have the Jan 31 time to test, I guess, and the post a few weeks ago re: the green tea serum when using LED made me think of giving this a shot......any feedback??...or had anyone even HEARD of this brand and it's reputation??

Page 1 of 1
lyn in MI1318937689.50724655 PostsRegistered 4/29/2007SW Michigan

I'm familiar with the Silk'n brand, but have not tried any of their products. You can check out more info on the device at the links below...

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=42041

http://www.silkn.com/FaceFX

If I were going to purchase a new LED unit for my face, I'd go with LightStim. I read the FAQ on the FaceFX, and I've never heard of "fractional light" in reference to LEDs. I also read that A diode light is emitted when the applicator head is pressed onto the skin. I prefer a unit that doesn't need pressure.

Last edited on 10/18/2011

Last edited on 10/18/2011

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
♥ Birman =^..^= Servant ♥

ambersmom1318938986.3371900 PostsRegistered 5/15/2010Boston, MA

Thanks so much , Lyn for the info and the brand of this product. I have attached some info and although it says on the description on SNBC that no serum is needed, it appears that using it will certainly make the process go easier.

I was interested in the fractional thinking it was the fractional light used in derm's offices with lasers, but now not so sure/.............anyway, if some of you are interested, here's some more FAQ's....I guess it was on the Canadian version of SNBC and there were 9 reviews, mostly favorable

<table class="InnerContentTableLtr" width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"> <tbody> <tr> <td valign="top"> <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" align="left"> <tbody> <tr> <td class="Body">Hair Removal > FaceFX > FaceFX FAQ</td> </tr> <tr> <td height="10"> </td> </tr> <!-- Page Header --> <tr> <td align="left"> <h1 class="Header">FaceFX FAQ</h1> </td> </tr> <tr> <td valign="top"> <table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"> <!-- Main Section --> <tbody> <tr> <td class="Body" valign="top">

Who can purchase FaceFX?

Canadian customers can purchase FaceFX at http://www.silkn.com/Buy_Now_Silkn_Family

Customers outside of Canada can join our wait list and will be notified when FaceFX is available in their country.

What is Home Fractional (HF) Technology?

FaceFX uses a revolutionary new approach: Home Fractional Technology. Home Fractional is a safe and effective manner to provide stimulation of heat and light energy to the multiple layers of your skin for a total skin solution. The Active HF targets the top layer of your skin to address fine lines and pores, leading to texture improvements. The Deep HF penetrates deeper into the skin to address larger wrinkles and discolored spots. By fractionating the energy FaceFX is able to penetrate deeper into the skin without high levels of discomfort.

How Does Silk’n FaceFX Work?

A diode light is emitted when the applicator head is pressed onto the skin. The light stimulates deep into the skin tissue to rejuvenate the appearance of the skin.

What areas can I treat?

Typical facial areas for FaceFX include around the eyes (crow’s feet), under the eyes, cheeks, the forehead, around the mouth and the neck. When treating around the eyes, it is recommended that patients keep their eyes closed. Areas with little skin or fat can heat up faster than areas with more fat.

Are there any negative side effects?

The majority of users will experience a slight redness in the treated area. Often this will disappear a few minutes after treatment, but may linger for as long as a few hours after treatment. If at anytime you feel the heat is too hot for your skin or your skin feels irritated, you should stop treatment and allow the skin to cool down

Can I put on make up immediately after treatment?

Yes.

Why do I need to use moisturizing cream?

It is recommended that you apply a small amount of moisturizing cream on the treated skin areas after each session and massage it gently in circular motions. The heat during treatment may cause your skin to feel dry so the moisturizer will help soothe and hydrate your skin.

What type of moisturizing cream should I use?

You may use your regular facial moisturizing cream. Moisturizing cream and SPF is recommended if you are going to be in the sun as we all know the damaging effects the sun can have on our skin!

I have dry skin and it tugs my skin when I use it. What should I do?

If your skin has a tendency to be on the dry side, gliding the device can be a little more challenging. Using a serum will alleviate this ‘tugging’ feeling. Wash face as per instructions, apply a small amount of serum on the skin and move the applicator in smooth circular motions. Not only will this help the applicator glide, but it will also give your skin an even healthier glow!

Using moisturizer will also help, however regular moisturizers tend to absorb more than serum and will not glide as easily (serums can be purchased wherever you purchase your daily moisturizer). Always apply your daily moisturizer after you have completed your FaceFX treatment. Be sure to clean your device by wiping it with a soft cloth to remove any residue!

I sometimes don't see light during my treatment, is there a problem with my device?

Dry skin can cause the device to lose contact and create inconsistent energy contact. Using a serum will alleviate any inconsistencies with skin contact. Wash face as per instructions, apply a small amount of serum on the skin and move the applicator in smooth circular motions. Be sure to clean your device by wiping it with a soft cloth to remove any residue!

I recharged my device but why isn't there power in my FaceFX?

The power adapter connected to the device must be inserted correctly to recharge. Snap the prong into the adapter. You will hear a loud “click” and both pieces should be flush. Also please note that to properly charge the FaceFX it may be required to sit in the battery charger for 6-8 hours. It is recommended that you plug in the FaceFX overnight or during the work day to charge so you are ready for your next treatment. If this does not resolve this issue please call our customer service department at 1-877-367-4556 for further assistance.

</td> </tr> </tbody> </table> </td> </tr> </tbody> </table> </td> </tr> </tbody> </table>

lyn in MI1318940833.3724655 PostsRegistered 4/29/2007SW Michigan

I don't think it can be compared to "fractional lasers". The Palovia is a laser. I also agree with you. The company info states that the heat can cause dryness issues and the plate can tug against the skin (since you need to apply pressure for it to turn on). I haven't watched a presentation, but I'd spend my $ on LightStim, Omnilux, Tanda, etc.

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
♥ Birman =^..^= Servant ♥

BellaCarro1318941661.888385 PostsRegistered 10/1/2011Atlanta

Is this the same technology as the baby quasar red light?

ambersmom1318943323.511900 PostsRegistered 5/15/2010Boston, MA

here's more info and some B/A pics......some have slight facial changes, but some do not.

YEARS ago, Marilyn Miglin had this device that was a red light type of gizmo that also had heat and vibration increasing circulation.....Man, I loved that but it went away (like so many things I seem to like)...still on the fence with this.

Lyn, do you or any others have good success with the light stim device?? I did get it early on, but sent it back as it was "too big" to maneuver around my face, which is why I liked the more compact nature to this FaceFX...???.....thank you!

<table width="550" border="0" cellpadding="20" align="center"> <tbody> <tr style="font-family: Arial;"> <td>

Silk'n FaceFX - Home Fractional

Light Based Treatment for Skin Rejuvenation and Anti-Aging

DISCOVER YOUR TRUE BEAUTY!

Silk'n FaceFX is a hand held light emitting diode (LED) device for skin rejuvenation, anti-aging, wrinkle treatment and skin texture improvements. FaceFX is your solution to a more youthful and radiant appearance.

Developed by the inventors of laser and IPL devices for medical skin rejuvenation. Silk'n FaceFX and HF technology brings the most advanced technologies to the privacy of your own home. Multiple technologies combined into a single system. HF (Home Fractional) is the synergy of healing heat energy and optical energy combined to produce long term clinical results.

Red LED light therapy has been proven to diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, improve skin texture color and tone.

Just after eight weeks of using Silk’n FaceFX users reported:

91% improvement in skin texture

69% reduction of fine lines and wrinkles

47% fading of skin patches

78% reduction of pore size

Immediately after treatment users have reported a tightening sensation and slight redness in the treatment area.

Before and After Photos

</td> </tr> <tr style="font-family: Arial;"> <td> </td> </tr> <tr style="font-family: Arial;"> <td> </td> </tr> <tr style="font-family: Arial;"> <td valign="top"> </td> </tr> </tbody> </table>

Page 1 of 1