TSV(R) Preview
16 Members and 15504 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

QVC New Beauty Test Tube - Fall (October) 2011 about ($114 VALUE)

Started 1318683608.123 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1320679151.933 by Tink113

Hi Ladies. I just wanted to share my video of the lastest New Beauty test tube in case anyone was thinking of picking it up. Hope this is helpful!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyyM9tPcyfk

~Amanda~

You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Tink11381?feature=guide
Scentsy: https://talkwickless.scentsy.us/Home

Page 1 of 2
Tink1131318989254.09336 PostsRegistered 10/15/2011NOVA :-)

I have read a "rumor" (can't remember on what blog now) that the the QVC TEST TUBE shown in my video will air on QVC on October 28th...

Anyone else hear this?

You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Tink11381?feature=guide
Scentsy: https://talkwickless.scentsy.us/Home

sunshine451318989613.36342539 PostsRegistered 1/13/2007east coast and west coast

i have already received this test tube about two weeks ago.....i thought that the one on october 28th was going to be a different one??..... not sure though. it is the end of mine and i was hoping to start it up again on the 28th if it is different.

"When will our consciences grow so tender that we will act to prevent human misery rather than avenge it?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

Tink1131318993609.053336 PostsRegistered 10/15/2011NOVA :-)
On 10/18/2011 sunshine45 said:

i have already received this test tube about two weeks ago.....i thought that the one on october 28th was going to be a different one??..... not sure though. it is the end of mine and i was hoping to start it up again on the 28th if it is different.

Wow, I'm not sure. They did this back in Aug, where they showed the same kit we were already getting but made us order it to keep with the "new" subscription. I ended up gifting mine, since I already had it.

You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Tink11381?feature=guide
Scentsy: https://talkwickless.scentsy.us/Home

Giordan1319033264.51937 PostsRegistered 8/5/2011

I also received this Test Tube...Liked it, but $114.00 value??? ... in a pig's ear. {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Tink1131319035998.733336 PostsRegistered 10/15/2011NOVA :-)
On 10/19/2011 Giordan said:

I also received this Test Tube...Liked it, but $114.00 value??? ... in a pig's ear. {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

I just did a run down of what it would have cost for each item.

Algenist Anti-Aging Moisturizer 0.5 oz. - Value $22.50 (Full size is $90)

New Beauty Magazine - Value $9.95

Supersmile Professional Whitening Toothpaste 1.75 oz- Value $8.75

Perricone MD Firming Neck Therapy - Value $11.88 (Full size is $144)

Philosophy Shower Gel in Snow Angel - Value $1.67

Malley Evercolor Liner - Value $15.00

Laura Geller Baked Eye Shadow - Value $23.00

Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil .17 fl.oz.- Value about $3

WEN Cleansing Conditioner 6 fl oz - Value $18.00

Not saying I'd value it at that price, just saying the value is there.

You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Tink11381?feature=guide
Scentsy: https://talkwickless.scentsy.us/Home

HWPratt1319037714.07722 PostsRegistered 9/26/2011New Hampshire

I really want to get this product. Two questions: Will the Oct 28th offer be this exact test tube? I really want these products so I am hoping so. Also, I want to make sure I get the AD. Is it only offered that way or does it come on a 1x purchase only as well? Thanks!

Tink1131319077605.713336 PostsRegistered 10/15/2011NOVA :-)
On 10/19/2011 HWPratt said:

I really want to get this product. Two questions: Will the Oct 28th offer be this exact test tube? I really want these products so I am hoping so. Also, I want to make sure I get the AD. Is it only offered that way or does it come on a 1x purchase only as well? Thanks!

I don't know for sure. I just read the rumor (not confirmed), but in Aug a few weeks after I received my shipment - they aired the same test tube. They offered two QVC Item Numbers - one for a one time shipment and the other for AD. Just make sure you use the right one. I do hope they air it. Lots of people seem interested.

You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Tink11381?feature=guide
Scentsy: https://talkwickless.scentsy.us/Home

BE4Me1319116630.163216 PostsRegistered 3/19/2005

Don't quote me, but I feel sure this test tube will be the same one that may air on Oct. 28. I already have this one. In fact I have two, because mine was ending (with 4 shipments), and the new AD is for 6, so I ordered that to continue to receive these. I liked the products in this and the last test tube so much that I am super pleased that I have the duplicate tubes. It just gives me more product to use before I have to cough up the $ for a full size product ;) Being a total beauty junkie, these test tubes are a dream come true, and I have discovered several products that are my new faves, that I may not have tried otherwise! Receiving these on my doorstep every couple of months is like Christmas Day for me!!

Tink1131319117416.477336 PostsRegistered 10/15/2011NOVA :-)
On 10/20/2011 BE4Me said:

Don't quote me, but I feel sure this test tube will be the same one that may air on Oct. 28. I already have this one. In fact I have two, because mine was ending (with 4 shipments), and the new AD is for 6, so I ordered that to continue to receive these. I liked the products in this and the last test tube so much that I am super pleased that I have the duplicate tubes. It just gives me more product to use before I have to cough up the $ for a full size product ;) Being a total beauty junkie, these test tubes are a dream come true, and I have discovered several products that are my new faves, that I may not have tried otherwise! Receiving these on my doorstep every couple of months is like Christmas Day for me!!

I'm right there with ya! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Tink11381?feature=guide
Scentsy: https://talkwickless.scentsy.us/Home

Tink1131319341108.433336 PostsRegistered 10/15/2011NOVA :-)

Looks like the New Beauty Test Tube (from the New Beauty Website) are being shipped out soon. Excited to see what this one will bring.

You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Tink11381?feature=guide
Scentsy: https://talkwickless.scentsy.us/Home

Aunt Oly1319341673.061152 PostsRegistered 5/21/2011

These are the contents and value of the next Non QVC New Beauty Test Tube. No makeup - just hair and skin care'

Morroccanoil Glimmer Spray = Full Size - 3.4oz Value $24
dr. brandt Pores No More Anti-Aging Mattifying Lotion - Full Size - Value $60
hydroxatone 90 Second wrinkle reducer instant smoothing serum - Full Size Value - $79.95 (this company is owned by HSN's serious skin care!!)
kerstin florian Krauter Fub (foot) Balm - 1oz - (full size is 4.5oz for $32) - value - $7.11
garnier Skin Renewal Clinical Dark Spot Corrector - Full Size - value $17
lashfood Nano-peptide Eyelash Conditioner - 1.5ml (full size is 5ml for $95) value - 28.50
kneipp Herbal Bath in Lavander - .68oz (full size is 3.4oz for $19) value - $3.80
ahava Extreme Day Cream - 1.2oz (full size is 1.7oz for $68) value $48 !!! - the tube was small!!
newbeauty magazine $9.95
Total value without mag $217.18/ with mag $227.15 plus a $50 off $200 purchase spa look card

Aunt Oly1319342029.021152 PostsRegistered 5/21/2011

> October QVC New Beauty Test Tube Contents and Value
> New Beauty Magazine $9.95
> Wen Cleansing Conditioner 6oz (Full size 16oz/$28) Value $10.50
> Laura Geller Baked Eyeshadow duo Biscotti/Toast Full Size Value $19.50
> Mally Starlight Liner Midni...ght Full Size Value $15.00
> Supersmile Whitening Toothpaste Original Mint 1.7oz (Full Size
> 4.2oz/$21) Value $8.5
> Philosophy Snow Angel 3in1 2oz (Full size 24oz/$20) Value $1.67
> Josie Maran Argon Oil 5ml .17fl oz (Full size 1.7oz $48) Value $4.80
> Algenist AntiAging Moisturizer 15ml .5fl oz (Full Size 2oz/ $90)
> Value $22.50
> Perricone Firming Neck Therapy 7.5 ml .25fl oz (Full Size
> 2oz/$95) Value $11.85
> Foil of Divine Illumination Perfume - Value $0
>
> Total Value w/o Magazine $94.32
> Total Value with Magazine $104.27

betteb1319342470.3716784 PostsRegistered 1/1/2008The Land of Oz

If anyone is wanting to order the non-qvc test tube from newbeauty.com, if you are a first time customer the code TENOFF will get you $10 off your first tube.

I ordered it last night Smile thanks to Aunt Oly's thread about it, reminded me to do it.

"God forbid you ever had to walk a mile in his shoes. 'Cause then you really might know what it's like to sing the blues" Everlast

Nancy from­ WA1319373033.97654 PostsRegistered 11/13/2007Now living in Eastern Connecticut
On 10/22/2011 betteb said:

If anyone is wanting to order the non-qvc test tube from newbeauty.com, if you are a first time customer the code TENOFF will get you $10 off your first tube.

I ordered it last night Smile thanks to Aunt Oly's thread about it, reminded me to do it.

I went to the newbeauty.com website the last time this was posted. I cannot figure out where you sign up for the program. I entered test tube in the search bar and I get nothing. Help is appreciated! Thank you.

Simplify...

Tink1131319374607.61336 PostsRegistered 10/15/2011NOVA :-)
On 10/23/2011 Nancy from WA said:
On 10/22/2011 betteb said:

If anyone is wanting to order the non-qvc test tube from newbeauty.com, if you are a first time customer the code TENOFF will get you $10 off your first tube.

I ordered it last night Smile thanks to Aunt Oly's thread about it, reminded me to do it.

I went to the newbeauty.com website the last time this was posted. I cannot figure out where you sign up for the program. I entered test tube in the search bar and I get nothing. Help is appreciated! Thank you.

http://testtube.newbeauty.com/

Don't forget to use the code below! Enjoy.

~Amanda~

You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Tink11381?feature=guide
Scentsy: https://talkwickless.scentsy.us/Home

jesttalking1319375373.27733 PostsRegistered 1/2/2008
Does anyone know the number of the new test tube? I got notification that was my last shipment and I want to continue it! So I am wanting to start a new ad order! But did a search and can't find the number? If anyone knows the number please let me know!

claudia___­anne1319375886.7877486 PostsRegistered 7/5/2011Arizona

Knowing QVC, they probably added the shipping cost into the value.

bwahahaha!

I just cracked myself up.

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

"Who are you to tell a woman what she can or can't do with her body?" Melliezap

harvestmoon1319380353.93320 PostsRegistered 1/29/2007East coast

To those of you that have tried different testtubes, I'm interested in your opinions as to which you may prefer? Birchbox, New Beauty or Qvc's beauty test tube?

Tink1131319386197.53336 PostsRegistered 10/15/2011NOVA :-)
On 10/23/2011 harvestmoon said:

To those of you that have tried different testtubes, I'm interested in your opinions as to which you may prefer? Birchbox, New Beauty or Qvc's beauty test tube?

I have subbed to all 3. That being said, after 3 or 4 months of 1 or 2 hits and far too many misses - I got rid of Birchbox and don't regret it AT ALL! I like both the QVC Test Tube and the New Beauty Test Tube. I will say that I find the NB TT to be skin care heavy and hair care heavy, where as the QVC tube seems to be a little more blanaced (IMO). I have received more cosmetics in that tube. Not to say that I haven't received cosmetics in the other one, I have - it just seems to be more in the QVC Tube.

For me, if I could only choose one - I would go with the QVC tube. I love most if not all the brands QVC carries and their Tubes are only made up from a slecetion of QVC available products. I feel like they include mostly High End items and the NB Tube has added in some drug store available products. Not that I didn't enjoy receiving a FULL SIZE Huge bottle of hair spray - just saying that I can always pick that up at a drug store and with QVC sometimes the shipping costs keep me from trying some of their products.

Now, if only Sephora would start a Sephora Sampling Program (and they did it right!).... lol!

You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Tink11381?feature=guide
Scentsy: https://talkwickless.scentsy.us/Home

Karlakaye1319386670.263933 PostsRegistered 7/6/2009The beautiful Chesapeake Bay

Sorry---one more question Tink-----I am new to the Beauty Test Tube thing, so if I were to order one from New Beauty today (and use the $10 off code---YEA!), would I receive the one you showed in your UTube video (BTW loved watching it---good job!!!! :-)) or the next one in the series?? Are they (Q and NB) the same price?

KK

Last edited on 10/23/2011

Last edited on 10/23/2011

"It's a dog-eat-dog-world and I'm wearing Milk Bone underwear." Norm on Cheers

TooManyCats1319386922.782694 PostsRegistered 7/5/2009

The Sephora Favorites seem to be their version of a test tube, but they've gotten pricier lately. I've bought a couple of Lash Stash boxes in the past and liked them, but inevitably one or two of the mascaras is dried out or damaged.

I like the Q test tube the best too, although the latest non-Q test tube looks really nice too. I only stayed in Birchbox for two months before cancelling. GoGoGirlfriend is also compelling.

winamac11319388211.1731401 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana

I'm only interested in the Q test tube. The other one has really nothing I'm remotely interested in except for perhaps one item.

"Friends don't let friends...drink white zinfandel"

I am still­ oxox1319388326.5634618 PostsRegistered 5/14/2006North of NYC - the greatest city in the world
On 10/23/2011 TooManyCats said:

The Sephora Favorites seem to be their version of a test tube, but they've gotten pricier lately. I've bought a couple of Lash Stash boxes in the past and liked them, but inevitably one or two of the mascaras is dried out or damaged.

I like the Q test tube the best too, although the latest non-Q test tube looks really nice too. I only stayed in Birchbox for two months before cancelling. GoGoGirlfriend is also compelling.

I don't think the Sephora favorites is similar since its only one item in the collection, not a variety like the Test Tubes

Decided to change up my SN a bit, and maybe this is a bit clearer :)

Always be Happy, always wear a smile .. Not because life is full of reasons to smile, but because your smile itself is a reason for many others to smile :)

TooManyCats1319388425.6772694 PostsRegistered 7/5/2009

The Lash Stash is all one product type but they have other sets that are a variety, like this one and this one.

Last edited on 10/23/2011

Last edited on 10/23/2011

harvestmoon1319388945.197320 PostsRegistered 1/29/2007East coast

Thanks ladies for your input and Tink thanks for your review. I agree, I like Q's beauty brands and would prefer those vs. drugstore brands thrown in.

Page 1 of 2