Fashion & Accessories Clearance
7 Members and 11571 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

recomendation needed please for tightning and firming face

Started 1318084943.49 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1318116016.653 by di-mc

Can anyone of you beauty experts please help me? I need a good skin care line that will tighten and firm my face, i have just noticed last night in the mirror while i was washing my face how saging and loss of elasticity of my skin on my face.

i am 46 and have sensitive skin need something that would not irritate it with not too harsh on my skin, i already tried perricone and it just made my face break out and phillosophy i don't like. I would like something i can buy in sephora, i will going there today. Soo if someone can really help me that would be great. thank you.

Page 1 of 1
CreditCard­Overload1318086962.43526 PostsRegistered 8/17/2007

There is NOTHING that will help sagging skin using cosmetic products, like skincare. Only a surgeon can fix sagging. Botox and fillers will help the wrinkles, but it's the sagging that actually enhances wrinkles. See a doctor and use you money wisely. Please don't waste it on skincare. sorry, but those are the facts no matter what anyone says.Not my opinion, fact......

--------------------------------
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com

Kathleen1318087867.4512413 PostsRegistered 8/7/2006East Side, West Side, All Around The Town ... London Bridge is Falling Down
On 10/8/2011 CreditCardOverload said:

There is NOTHING that will help sagging skin using cosmetic products, like skincare. Only a surgeon can fix sagging....

True. But, there are some things that I found that give me some temporary firming to get me through a day or evening.

I use Avon's Dramatic Firming Cream. I've used this for years and the effect appears to be cumulative. They also have an eye gel which I like: Total Radiance Eye Gel.

Facial Flex does help me with saggy jowls, but it's something I have to use it every day or I start sagging again. I found that out when I went on vacation and didn't take it with me.

For other body parts - there are firming lotions at the drug store that give some temporary firming. I have a Jergens firming lotion at the moment I use.

You do have to make a commitment to continue with any of these.

lyn in MI1318088380.22724349 PostsRegistered 4/29/2007SW Michigan
On 10/8/2011 Kathleen said:

...cut...

Facial Flex does help me with saggy jowls, but it's something I have to use it every day or I start sagging again. I found that out when I went on vacation and didn't take it with me.

...cut...

I agree! Facial Flex helps strengthen facial muscles and that improves the look of nasolabial folds as well as jowls. Microcurrent treatments (FaceMaster, NuFace, Nutritone, etc) also help to strengthen the underlying facial muscles. There are also "workout" DVD's for the face.

@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
♥ Birman =^..^= Servant ♥

Kathleen1318088584.5712413 PostsRegistered 8/7/2006East Side, West Side, All Around The Town ... London Bridge is Falling Down
On 10/8/2011 lyn in MI said:

...cut...

...cut...

I agree! Facial Flex helps strengthen facial muscles and that improves the look of nasolabial folds as well as jowls. Microcurrent treatments (FaceMaster, NuFace, Nutritone, etc) also help to strengthen the underlying facial muscles. There are also "workout" DVD's for the face.

My sister swears by the facial exercise DVD!

skin care ­junkine1318089001.107210 PostsRegistered 9/19/2011

thank you everyone for all your help and information i will check them out.

Iwantcoffee1318089229.1932626 PostsRegistered 11/28/2006

There is NOTHING that will help sagging skin using cosmetic products, like skincare. Only a surgeon can fix sagging. Botox and fillers will help the wrinkles, but it's the sagging that actually enhances wrinkles. See a doctor and use you money wisely. Please don't waste it on skincare. sorry, but those are the facts no matter what anyone says.Not my opinion, fact......

I totally agree

JENLOVESTO­SHOP1318089433.77932 PostsRegistered 6/2/2006

What works for me is to address three key areas:

Structure - I do believe in facial exercises and began in my mid-30s. My current program is Carolyn's Facial Fitness and have used it over a year, 5 days/week. It only takes my 15 minutes every morning. I've used several other programs in the past and add 1 or 2 to my current program. I love Carol Maggio's exercise for the chin,neck,jowls...the rocking one. It's on Youtube...the clip with Crook & Chase. I do use the Isomers Nutritone 2-3x/week and also use the DPL LED Panel 2-3x/week.

Support - I add a dab of natural hormone creams (Bi-Est & Natural Progesterone) to my skincare. If you don't use Natural compounded hormone creams, you can purchase a couple otc.....Life-flo makes a Bi-Estro cream (estradiol & estriol) as does Estro 500. If you opt to use natural estrogen creams, you must use a natural progesterone cream to balance it. For my face, I use NOW Natural Progesterone and purchase it online at imedmart.com. I also use other collagen stimulating products like Isomer's Matrixyl Advanced and their Vitamin C serum. I use Renova several nights a week. Diminishing hormone levels can definitely contribute to sagging skin.

Surface - I add a drop of Sea Buckthorn oil to whatever Isomers moisturizer I use. I also add a few drops of Isomers Carnosine+ for the anti-oxidant protection. I do peels every month or so to keep the surface refined and every 3 months, I do a TCA peel. TCAs can really help refine pores and firm. I buy TCA peels from makeupartistschoice.com I believe they still have their 20% off sale and the discount code is rose. I currently use the 18% on my face and 15% on my throat/neck/arms/tops of hands.

Edited to confirm that makeupartistschoice 20% off sale is going until until Monday, October 10th. Discount code: rose. You can "like" them on Facebook to receive the sales discount notices.

Last edited on 10/8/2011

Last edited on 10/8/2011

skin care ­junkine1318089478.05210 PostsRegistered 9/19/2011

i know this may sound dumb asking but im really not a good beauty expert, i would be one of those people would buy those books for like (example beauty solutions for dummys)

can dry skin from not using the right cleansing soap or not exfoliating enough make your face look saggy.

Iwantcoffee1318090035.1032626 PostsRegistered 11/28/2006

At the following link you can read how various doctors respond to the question "Does facial flex work?"

http://www.realself.com/question/so-does-facial-flex-work

quesolvr1318090639.69232 PostsRegistered 9/9/2011

There is only product that I know of that will actually visibly immediately firm the skin. It is like a mask. It will immediately firm and shrink up the skin. You probably could use it all the time, but it is more a product made for special occasions. You can wear it under makeup. You will look like you are twenty in pictures. It is amazing. Expensive. But it feels strange on your skin. It is called Peter Thomas Roth firm x gfx neuropeptide...it is in a tall skinny-ish container that pumps. It is the only thing short of surgery that I have ever found.

snowball1318091441.8938368 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

quesolvr, Is this product you mention a serum or a mask? Do you use it like a mask and wipe off, or is it something you use and leave on overnight? Thanks

CaChica1318092891.85883 PostsRegistered 1/13/2006

There is NOTHING that will help sagging skin using cosmetic products, like skincare. Only a surgeon can fix sagging....

True. But, there are some things that I found that give me some temporary firming to get me through a day or evening.

I use Avon's Dramatic Firming Cream. I've used this for years and the effect appears to be cumulative. They also have an eye gel which I like: Total Radiance Eye Gel.

For other body parts - there are firming lotions at the drug store that give some temporary firming. I have a Jergens firming lotion at the moment I use.

You do have to make a commitment to continue with any of these.

I like that Avon's Dramatic Firming Cream and Facial Flex also!

Kathleen1318092909.512413 PostsRegistered 8/7/2006East Side, West Side, All Around The Town ... London Bridge is Falling Down
On 10/8/2011 Iwantcoffee said:

At the following link you can read how various doctors respond to the question "Does facial flex work?"

http://www.realself.com/question/so-does-facial-flex-work

If you are looking for some miracle anti-aging, these guys are right. You aren't going to look like you are in your 20s again. I'm 69 and look like I'm in my 60s.

But - my jowls are lifted, my dimples returned. The results are subtle, but there are results that I've seen. Others have noticed "something different." Nothing remarkably different, but there's an improvement.

Use your own judgment. I did and I'm going to continue with the Facial Flex. My mirror is my guide.

CaChica1318093994.315883 PostsRegistered 1/13/2006
On 10/8/2011 JENLOVESTOSHOP said:

Structure - I do believe in facial exercises and began in my mid-30s. My current program is Carolyn's Facial Fitness and have used it over a year, 5 days/week. It only takes my 15 minutes every morning. I've used several other programs in the past and add 1 or 2 to my current program. I love Carol Maggio's exercise for the chin,neck,jowls...the rocking one. It's on Youtube...the clip with Crook & Chase. I do use the Isomers Nutritone 2-3x/week and also use the DPL LED Panel 2-3x/week.

EXERCISES FROM TV VIDEO Thanks for posting about this. There were some videos in which a No West A.M. TV show had posted on their site a long time ago (it was posted on the forum) and I had it bookmarked for a long time and then they deleted it.

I remember there was one that had you lift your chin slightly and then exaggerate (cartoon-ish, falling off a cliff) saying 'eeeeek' and holding it a few seconds and then pursing and tightening (exaggerated) your lips (against your teeth) into almost a whistle and say 'EEEeeeeeyyyyoooouuuuu' (echoing an you proceed down the cliff) and holding a few seconds. Ha, ha, hope the suggestion helps you remember it, it did me.

Another one was (head up slightly) gently patting under your chin with the back of your hand center, left and right. It increases the blood flow. Someone here may remember these being posted on the Beauty Forum a few years ago.

And the last one I remember was pulling your lips in over your teeth, chin up slightly and then smiling in that position. Then pretending you are a turtle and slowly chewing a big bite of grass, and exaggerating and tensing your under the chin muscles. Hold for a couple seconds on the closed position. I think I remember counts of 25 or 35 for each one. : )

Blondelle1318094361.4074175 PostsRegistered 8/4/2007

<< There is NOTHING that will help sagging skin using cosmetic products, like skincare.>>

That's not exactly true. While no skincare product will give you the results of a face lift, creams can help firm by building moisture in the skin which gives it a firmer look. Creams can also help build collagen which over time can give the skin a firmer appearance too. You can also strengthen the skins under support with facial exercise, and microcurrent devices. They work by firming facial muscles and boosting circulation which also builds collagen. Copper peptides can also increase facial fat which gives a firmer appearance to the skin, and help tighten the skin over time.

Cleocat1318098061.885294 PostsRegistered 1/4/2009Michigan

Which 'creams' are you referring to, Blondelle? Thanks.

♥ Cleo

daisey101318100039.087439 PostsRegistered 3/15/2009

Try a home made egg white mask. It does tighten.

sweetsue_981318110575.281032 PostsRegistered 9/24/2006

You are 100 % correct. I believe in fillers, cosmetic surgery because it works, and does make a difference. For example, I had horrible bags under my eyes. Those are fat and tend to run in families. The very first thing I did was get them removed. They are gone forever, and they will not come back.

Skin care is very important and I do use Perricone which I am pleased with, but when you start to sag, nothing but a really good surgeon is going to get rid of that lose skin. When I had my facelift at 63, I am 66 now, he removed 2 inches of skin that was reattached to the lower edge of my ear. That was on both sides of my face. It is still up there, and doing nicely. Now there is no cream that is going to firm those things. Yes, you can slow down this process, but you cannot fix it with some gadget that someone sells.

I remember a magazine article I read on a plane (back when they gave you magazines) it was a Vogue, and about aging. The theme was be the best you can be for your age. If you are 40, be the best 40, etc, etc. I have always remembered that. I probably had 10 years taken off my face but nothing is overdone. It looks natural, and I am pleased with the money I spent. I still get fillers, but only need them once a year.

Blondelle1318111758.5934175 PostsRegistered 8/4/2007

<< Which 'creams' are you referring to, Blondelle? Thanks. >>

Retin-A, retinol, peptides like Matrixyl 3000, and vitamin C all build collagen. You have to find a cream or serum that works for you.

sharibel1318113742.98372 PostsRegistered 7/24/2011
On 10/8/2011 OceanMst said:
On 10/8/2011 JENLOVESTOSHOP said:

EXERCISES FROM TV VIDEO Thanks for posting about this. There were some videos in which a No West A.M. TV show had posted on their site a long time ago (it was posted on the forum) and I had it bookmarked for a long time and then they deleted it.

I remember there was one that had you lift your chin slightly and then exaggerate (cartoon-ish, falling off a cliff) saying 'eeeeek' and holding it a few seconds and then pursing and tightening (exaggerated) your lips (against your teeth) into almost a whistle and say 'EEEeeeeeyyyyoooouuuuu' (echoing an you proceed down the cliff) and holding a few seconds. Ha, ha, hope the suggestion helps you remember it, it did me.

Another one was (head up slightly) gently patting under your chin with the back of your hand center, left and right. It increases the blood flow. Someone here may remember these being posted on the Beauty Forum a few years ago.

And the last one I remember was pulling your lips in over your teeth, chin up slightly and then smiling in that position. Then pretending you are a turtle and slowly chewing a big bite of grass, and exaggerating and tensing your under the chin muscles. Hold for a couple seconds on the closed position. I think I remember counts of 25 or 35 for each one. : )

But what I don't understand is this . . .

If we get laugh lines, frown lines, crows' feet from overworking and over-animating our faces, then wouldn't doing facial exercises exacerbate the problem? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

sweetsue_981318114930.961032 PostsRegistered 9/24/2006
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/wrinkle-creams/SN00010 Excellen article from the mayo clinic

di-mc1318116016.627109 PostsRegistered 12/4/2006the real world

ITA! You can spend $30.00 here or $80.00 there and after a while you've spent a lot of money. Save it and get real help from a plastic surgeon or, possibly, a laser treatment from a dermatologist. There are lasers that tighten the skin. You are throwing money away on topical treatments.

The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 1 of 1