TSV(R) Preview
97 Members and 10544 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Estee Lauder Night Repair Serum or Perfectionist vs. Lancome Visionnaire??

Started 1317479280.55 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1318819105.71 by baby burns
replies

For you ladies who've tried EL's Night Repair or the Perfectionist lines and have also tried Lancome's Visionnaire........which do you think is more effective?? I recently received a deluxe sample of EL's night repair serum and have been using it for about about 5 days. I haven't seen a huge difference in the skin's outer appearance yet, but I do like the way it makes my skin feel. I also received a deluxe sample of the Perfectionist yesterday and used it last night. I just loooooove the way this made my skin feel after one application. And I honestly think my skin looked better this morning. I have oily skin, and neither of these made it more oily. The EL rep said I could use Perfectionist in the morning and the Night Repair at night (obviously). 1 oz. of the Advanced Night Repair is 49.50; the 1 oz. of Perfectionist is 55.00 (but on the website you can get two deluxe samples of other products along with this).

I purchased Lancome's Visionnaire two weeks ago, but I can't bring myself to open it. It's sooo expensive; I wonder if it's really as good as all the hype. I wanted to try a sample like I have with EL, but there are none available where I live. 1 oz. of this is $84.

What are your opinions if you've tried one line vs. the other?

Page 1 of 1
joyfulmommy1317480972.243219 PostsRegistered 4/28/2010

I've used both EL products and am currently using Visionnaire. While both EL products were nice products and felt good on my skin, neither really made a difference. Neither one did any harm to my skin either. I didn't use Perfectionist too many times as I only had a sample and Idealist is the better product for my skin, which I have used as well.

I also bought the Idealist Illuminator serum and it was a nice product that felt good on my skin, but didn't make any noticeable difference for me.

I've been using Visionnaire for 5 weeks and it has made a small difference in my skin. My pores look smaller and are less congested. My skintone is more even and less red. I stopped using all my other skincare so I would know for sure if this was what was improving my skin. I only used cleanser, Visionnaire and eye cream with masks and Clinique 7 Day scrub every couple of days. Because my skin is oily, I haven't had to use moisturizer because Visionnaire is moisturizing enough for me. I like the way Visionnaire feels on my skin, but I'm not a big fan of the scent.

Before repurchasing, because it is SO expensive, I will try to use up the EL night repair and Illuminator serums. Hopefully these 2 products will keep up the results I've had with Visionnaire. Once I use those up, I'm going to try Paula's Choice products to see if I can get just as good results with less expensive products, and they get good reviews online.

If Visionnaire wasn't so expensive, I would definitely repurchase since it did improve my skin slightly. If I don't get good results with the other products, I will repurchase Visionnaire.

I like EL products and feel that they are good quality. They are less scented than Lancome as well. The Night Repair is also good for irritated skin and I've used it for that purpose with good resuls.

I'm also using Lancome Creme Radiance cleanser and love it. It takes off all of my makeup, including eye makeup and doesn't sting my eyes. I've also tried the High Resolution moisturizer and eye cream and liked both of those as well. They are expensive, so I will most likely not purchase them as there are less expensive good moisturizers out there.

crush1317484036.442128 PostsRegistered 10/7/2005NC
On 10/1/2011 joyfulmommy said:

I've used both EL products and am currently using Visionnaire. While both EL ....

joyfulmommy...Thank you for such a detailed review of the products. I really don't have an issue with redness, and my skin doesn't have a big "congested" issue either. I'm more concerned with those fine lines/wrinkles (esp. around the eye issue) and overall skin clarity. My skin is showing the effects of the sun...I do have some sunspots. I can also tell my skin is slightly losing its "lift". I know that the Visionnaire is sort of supposed to be a "one-for-all" type of product...kind of targeted to address many issues in one product. Can you tell me how much product is left in your bottle now that you've used it for 5 weeks? I know you can see what's in the bottle with EL, but since I've not opened my box of Visionnaire, I don't know if you can actually see the product. Thank you again for your response!

joyfulmommy1317486089.617219 PostsRegistered 4/28/2010

Crush

You really can't tell how much product is left in the Visionnaire bottle. I think the bottle is about 1/2 full at this point. I don't use much. I use less than a full pump for my whole face and it's enough. I can't speak to how it does with lines or wrinkles or firmness as I don't have those issues yet. My issues are large pores, uneven skintone and redness. Those issues have been slightly improved.

crush1318815732.8372128 PostsRegistered 10/7/2005NC

Anyone else had a chance to both of these...your results??

baby burns1318819105.6578793 PostsRegistered 12/9/2007

i prefer the two estee lauder products, of course the perfectonist is my favorite, sometimes i do not mess with the night stuff from estee lauder, it is too expensive, i hope this helps you, i love lancome but i did not really see a difference with my skin, but did from the first time i tried it the perfectionist!!!! love that stuff.

Page 1 of 1