TSV(R) Preview
38 Members and 7534 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Need Help !!! My eyelashes are getting shorter everyday & disappearing

Started 1316996336.52 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1317159424.593 by RealQuiet

Any recommendations for an eyelash treatment other than latise that is so expensive. I am 54 and use to have long eye lashes, but not anymore one more thing not to look forward to about getting older. Any products that might help? Thanks,

Page 1 of 2
shoekitty1316997333.38312896 PostsRegistered 8/10/2006

RapidLash!!! I get it on Amazon, or drugstore.com, where ever I get the sale or special. Posters on this board say they get it at Walgreens too.

I have been using this for 2 years and highly recommend it. I am 63, had thinning lashes, shorter, and some were gray...especially the lower lashes. It was getting so even the best volume and lengthening mascara didn't help. My eyes appeared smaller without the long lashes!{#emotions_dlg.scared} Use it faithfully for at least 6 weeks at first. After you get you maximum length (you will know) just apply it 3-4 times a week. My lashes now hit my glass lens, and they are darker without mascara. I do have to say when I was young and up until about 45 or so, I did have long lashes.

I have had no side effects.

Last edited on 9/25/2011

Last edited on 9/25/2011

life is a banquet and most poor fools are starving to death!"
Auntie Mame

kilkenny101316997571.59804 PostsRegistered 10/24/2010

iv heard that these products can increase brown pigment in you iris is this true?

shoekitty131699810712896 PostsRegistered 8/10/2006
On 9/25/2011 kilkenny10 said:

iv heard that these products can increase brown pigment in you iris is this true?

Hi kilkenny! Latissecan cause brown iris pigmentation, they warn you. However, I believe the over the counter products will not do this. I haven't heard of this happening with rapidlash and the likes. I think a few people have from Latisse. Even with Latisse I don't think it is that common. I did get a slight burning a couple of times from RL, but that was it. It is very easy to keep the product away from the eye itself. It goes on with a thin eyeliner type brush at the lash line. Dries quickly. You only apply it once, at night. But like everything, one may be allergic.

Auntie Mame

kilkenny101316998446.85804 PostsRegistered 10/24/2010

thanx might have to try my lashes used to be soooo long not so much anymore another age perk "sigh"

mp03241316998581.97263 PostsRegistered 4/17/2007

I've tried rapidlash but my eyelids got very irritated. I have been using DHC lash tonic and it has improved my eyelashes enormously. They are longer and thicker. I'm on my third tube and won't be without this stuff.

KatherineW1316998596.0628130 PostsRegistered 3/16/2009Alabamian by Birth; Southern By The Grace of God

Order the Careprost ( generic Latisse) from All Day Chemist. I have used it for 2-3 years with no problems. It is 10.00 a bottle

I know several posters really like Rapid Lash too.

ninacolors1316998700.68245 PostsRegistered 11/8/2010

I'm afraid to put any chemicals near my eyes. Will just have to go lashless as I age.{#emotions_dlg.crying}

KatherineW1316998743.89328130 PostsRegistered 3/16/2009Alabamian by Birth; Southern By The Grace of God
On 9/25/2011 shoekitty said:
On 9/25/2011 kilkenny10 said:

Hi kilkenny! Latissecan cause brown iris pigmentation, they warn you. However, I believe the over the counter products will not do this. I haven't heard of this happening with rapidlash and the likes. I think a few people have from Latisse. Even with Latisse I don't think it is that common. I did get a slight burning a couple of times from RL, but that was it. It is very easy to keep the product away from the eye itself. It goes on with a thin eyeliner type brush at the lash line. Dries quickly. You only apply it once, at night. But like everything, one may be allergic.

There have been no reported cases of increased brown pigmentation of the eye when Latisse is used topically. If I am not mistaken it is only Hazel eyes that would be affected. I am green eyed and have had no problems.

chgogirl1316999421.6232161 PostsRegistered 8/5/2007

Thanks to the posters on this board. I had good results from Neocell Lab's collagen I and III powder. It made my eyelashes longer and more like I had lined my lower eyelids...

I also saw similar results from using Isomers' Stem genesis extreme eyelash enhancer.

GoodStuff1316999682.6215158 PostsRegistered 11/11/2008

Yes, fading and thinning of eyelashes is another delightful part of the aging process for many of us! I just use good old Maybelline mascara to darken, lengthen, and make the most of what I have.......and then I don't worry about it. At 63, I can get by just fine without luxurious lashes. I will not use drugs or chemicals for this purpose. For me, just not worth the risks and expense.

Nan7181317003822.24729 PostsRegistered 9/27/2010

I use Rimmel Rapid lash growth serum. I use it at night after I take my eye makeup off. I've been using it for about 3 weeks and I definitely notice a difference. I have very short lashes and I had a gap in my eyelashes on my right eye because they had fallen out. The gap has now filled in and I can see addtional little lashes growing. It cost me about $8.00 for this and I really like it. Be patient because it took me about 2 weeks to notice a difference. By the way my eyes are very sensitive and I have not had any problems.

Karenk1317010114.1531660 PostsRegistered 6/7/2010

I used to use Rapidlash but quit because I heard it has the same side effects are Latisse, brown pigmentation, eye irritation, etc. I have been using Idol Lash but have switched to Smartlash. Heard good things about it with out any chemicals. Both are natural.

ValentinaB­on1317010719.36934 PostsRegistered 3/18/2011

I LOVE Rapid lash! It works wonderfully, they don't test on animals and the price point is perfect (between $20 and $35 depending on where you get it from and sales)! One tube lasted me about 3 months. Now that my lashes are as long as I want them to be and the crazy lashes have straightened out, I only apply it every other night so the tube will last even longer for me.

I have sensitive eyes and skin and have not had any irriation or side effects. I have hazel eyes and have had no discoloration. I believe RL does not contain the prescription ingredient that Latisse has (and that is the cause of the very few color changes that have occured with Latisse).

DUH....WENing! :)

nunu4u1317011605.948687 PostsRegistered 9/22/2006

I had the same experience as chgogirl, my lashes grew longer with NeoCell collagen.

zgirl1317015974.3031038 PostsRegistered 5/5/2005

I just started using the Tarte Lash Enhancer. I hope it works! Here's Tarte's description of the product:

"Our proprietary HydroPlant Peptide™ is clinically proven to give the appearance of longer, thicker eyelashes naturally: soy and amino acid proteins combine to form an essential super-protein base that fortifies and nourishes lashes. This protein emulsion is infused with cellulose, a plant-derived thickening agent, and vitamin C, an antioxidant booster."

docjan1317054379.82324 PostsRegistered 9/11/2008

Thanks for the suggestions on these. I will try to locate either the Tarte Lash Enhancer or the Rapid Lash. Now, if there were just some suggestions for eyebrows! I have always had thin, sparse eyebrows. Any ideas on this? Thanks!

shoekitty1317075100.8712896 PostsRegistered 8/10/2006
On 9/25/2011 ValentinaBon said:

I LOVE Rapid lash! It works wonderfully, they don't test on animals and the price point is perfect (between $20 and $35 depending on where you get it from and sales)! One tube lasted me about 3 months. Now that my lashes are as long as I want them to be and the crazy lashes have straightened out, I only apply it every other night so the tube will last even longer for me.

I have sensitive eyes and skin and have not had any irriation or side effects. I have hazel eyes and have had no discoloration. I believe RL does not contain the prescription ingredient that Latisse has (and that is the cause of the very few color changes that have occured with Latisse).

I just love Rapid Lash too! It does the job wonderfully. I laughed when you said "the crazy lashes"! There are long wild ones when you first start, huh? LOL. I had this one lash that grew so fast (sideways too) and long, I had to keep cutting it.

RapidLash does NOT contain the main ingredient that Latisse does. Latisse was used for glaucoma I think. RapidLash contains Biotin, panthenol, and a few other conditioners. But like anything one puts around the eye, a person can be sensitive to it.

Auntie Mame

Shelbelle1317075379.834727 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Isomers Stem Genesis Lash Treatment.

Rainbows a­nd Roses1317076178.6918545 PostsRegistered 6/4/2011

Low iodine can cause lashes to be sparse and eyebrows too......I take Sea Kelp drops with iodine....I was diagnosed with Blepharitis {sp}....you can look up on google.....I am sorry my spelling is wrong today....I use the eye pads to wash my lashline each day.....so the sparseness is not as bad but when I don't use them for days or a week I can see the sparseness coming back. Your eye doctor can tell you if you have the Blepharitis.....I take Biotin along with MSM....for hair skin and nails and I think it is the MSM that makes a difference in growth of nails......because without MSM.........I did not see a difference....and I watch my Vitamiin A....we are not supposed to have more than 5,0000 IU of Vitamin A a day......and my pharmacy says that will store in my body and I don't need 5,0000 IU a day of vitamin A........I would see my eye doctor to see if you have Belpharitis.

"Crying is for plain women, Pretty women go shopping." Oscar Wilde

"The most beautiful makeup of a woman is passion but cosmetics are easier to buy." YSL

Rainbows a­nd Roses1317076393.9318545 PostsRegistered 6/4/2011

For a new product on eyes.....I am going to wait 5 more years before I start using maybe 7 years.......if there are side effects it should be out by then........I talking about loss of eye sight.

"Crying is for plain women, Pretty women go shopping." Oscar Wilde

"The most beautiful makeup of a woman is passion but cosmetics are easier to buy." YSL

RzzleDzzle1317076796.62941 PostsRegistered 7/1/2011A beach in Cali

What mascara are you using and how do you remove it? Are you sure you're not breaking your lashes off?

Organic Castor Oil will grow your lashes. Apply lightly at night.

But nothing is going to work if you're mechanically pulling or breaking the lashes.

Last edited on 9/26/2011

Last edited on 9/26/2011

You can't get into heaven without a permission slip from the poor. --Michael Moore

Ladyjenn1317077017.172209 PostsRegistered 10/27/2010Northern CA

Rainbows and Roses, I have blepharitis, am 42 and have noticed that a few eyelashes of mine actually broke...so they are now shorter, and have been looking at these lash growth or lash conditioner products. I've been hesitant to try them because not only do I have blepharitis, (I do have the pads as well) but I have severe allergies here in CA and not much is helping them besides antibiotics and steriod eye drops {#emotions_dlg.sleep}. But I may try something along the natural side and hope for the best. I miss my long thick eyelashes and I'm sure my age and wearing mascara every day doesn't help keep them strong.

Momma to 2 Dachshunds and 1 Bernese Mountain Dog!
45 yrs old, Northern CA
Ladyjenn

Brinklii1317077392.6910278 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Northern WI

KFS ~~ I would try laying off the mascara for a while and coating your eyelashes with Organic Castor Oil as RzzleDzzle mentioned. I was going to suggest even petroleum jelly, but if the castor oil is a known treatment...great! It sounds like maybe they are breaking due to taking off mascara. Most mascaras make your eyelashes so stiff too. Sounds like they need moisturization. JMO. I know nothing from a professional viewpoint.

A tongue has no bones, yet it is strong enough to break a heart. Be careful with your words.

Ladyjenn1317077430.532209 PostsRegistered 10/27/2010Northern CA

Can someone post where to get a good price to purchase Rapidlash? Thanks.

Momma to 2 Dachshunds and 1 Bernese Mountain Dog!
45 yrs old, Northern CA
Ladyjenn

scuba3181317084880.803373 PostsRegistered 1/6/2008

I would also like to know how to get the best price on Rapidlash. Thx.

Page 1 of 2